X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Alison
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
    Like the second half of last season - at least you didn’t drop from 3rd to 16th, Alison!
    I had to double take when looking at the championship table every so often. Some doubts hovering over Monky now I expect.

Comment

• gurnemanz
      • Nov 2010

At least Palace avoided an eighth defeat on the trot, playing quite well against Spurs who didn't do much once they knew that Wolves were losing and their European spot was safe. The Eagles might have had a win in their talons if Scott Dann hadn't missed a good header chance towards the end.

Comment

• Edgy 2
        • Jan 2019

Originally posted by Alison View Post
        I had to double take when looking at the championship table every so often. Some doubts hovering over Monky now I expect.
        It gets worse

Sheffield Wednesday are deducted 12 points by an independent disciplinary panel for the 2020-21 season for breaking spending rules.

Blimey cloughie
        “Music is the best means we have of digesting time." — Igor Stravinsky

Comment

• eighthobstruction
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Edgy 2 View Post
          It gets worse

Sheffield Wednesday are deducted 12 points by an independent disciplinary panel for the 2020-21 season for breaking spending rules.

Blimey cloughie
          ....oh dear....
          bong ching

Comment

• teamsaint
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by eighthobstruction View Post
            ....oh dear....
            Hmmmm... never quite sure which rules apply, and to whom.
            Wigan into admin in truly bizarre circumstances, 12 points taken before you can say Project Restart.

Our administration in the good old days of 2009, same thing. Obviously I don’t want to see the Owls down in L1, but it seems pretty inconsistent.
            I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• johncorrigan
              • Nov 2010

Season kicks off in Scotland this afternoon. Goodwin's Buddies welcome Livingstone to Paisley after an encounter with the virus a week ago. Biggest loss over the summer was Czech goalie, Hladky, whose saves got us out of a few close scrapes...just going to have to hope we can score a few this year and achieve a spot of mid-table mediocrity!

Comment

• teamsaint
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
                Season kicks off in Scotland this afternoon. Goodwin's Buddies welcome Livingstone to Paisley after an encounter with the virus a week ago. Biggest loss over the summer was Czech goalie, Hladky, whose saves got us out of a few close scrapes...just going to have to hope we can score a few this year and achieve a spot of mid-table mediocrity!
                Good luck for the season JC . Looking forward to seeing a few games early on, as the English teams can’t be bothered to start yet.

I went to Livingstone once. Bloody huge Asda. Didn’t notice much else.
                Went for the 8 item breakfast after a flight up from Southampton, ( as you could once) and was firmly warned ( apologies for the accent) “ Nae more than 5 meat “ !
                I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

Comment

• cloughie
                  • Dec 2011

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
                  Hmmmm... never quite sure which rules apply, and to whom.
                  Wigan into admin in truly bizarre circumstances, 12 points taken before you can say Project Restart.

Our administration in the good old days of 2009, same thing. Obviously I don’t want to see the Owls down in L1, but it seems pretty inconsistent.
                  That’s the EFL for you - Reading, Villa and Derby have all done what the Owls did but due to some technicality over ‘when’ have so far gone unpunished. As it is anything more than avoiding relegation next season will be a bonus.

Comment

• johncorrigan
                    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post

I went to Livingstone once. Bloody huge Asda. Didn’t notice much else.
                    Went for the 8 item breakfast after a flight up from Southampton, ( as you could once) and was firmly warned ( apologies for the accent) “ Nae more than 5 meat “ !

Three points for starters, ts. Delighted...nice goal, I should say. Table makes good reading.

Thought Aubameyang's second goal was a beaut in the Wemblers final - I think he's a crackin' player.

Comment

• antongould
                      • Nov 2010

Three points for starters, ts. Delighted...nice goal, I should say. Table makes good reading.

Thought Aubameyang's second goal was a beaut in the Wemblers final - I think he's a crackin' player.
                      Good start JC .... long may it continue ...... yes he’s a hell of a player and I think, sadly, he will leave the Gunners .....

Comment

• teamsaint
                        • Nov 2010

Nice start indeed JC. Can’t beat a first day full haul of points.

Comment

• Edgy 2
                          • Jan 2019

“Music is the best means we have of digesting time." — Igor Stravinsky

Comment

• teamsaint
                            • Nov 2010

Weymouth back in the big time.

Bit of a no show from the Dartford lads in the penalty shoot out. ( 3-0 )

Comment

• eighthobstruction
                              • Nov 2010

....Harrogate Town going up to League 2 after several years of working hard....11,000 people watch and listening to radio commentary....well done all
                              bong ching

Comment

• eighthobstruction
                                • Nov 2010

When Bundesleague was on terra TV....on highlights it always seemed like it was ....pass to Aubameyang ^^GOAL....pass to Aubameyang ^^GOAL....don't understand how Arsenal only got such lousy contract terms....yet again....A shop window for Aubameyang [who was surely already blooded and high profile]....NOW ....WHAT????, relying on his good nature and team spirit??....Same with Werner , should be a Wow in PL....

Aubameyang doesn't bother with the right side of field much {even when running back to defend}
                                bong ching

Comment

Working...
                                X