X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Edgy 2
    • Jan 2019

The National League season is over bar the play offs
    Stockport missed out on a play off spot by 2.50 points after the table was decided by points per game
    “Music is the best means we have of digesting time." — Igor Stravinsky

Comment

• eighthobstruction
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Edgy 2 View Post
      The National League season is over bar the play offs
      Stockport missed out on a play off spot by 2.50 points after the table was decided by points per game
      ....rotten

....sick as a parrot?
      bong ching

Comment

• cloughie
        • Dec 2011

Originally posted by eighthobstruction View Post
        ....rotten

....sick as a parrot?
        Southern League just abadoned the season which meant that Truro City, top at the time lost any chance of promotion.

Comment

• eighthobstruction
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
          Southern League just abadoned the season which meant that Truro City, top at the time lost any chance of promotion.
          ....Sick as a Tinners Tiger....
          bong ching

Comment

• Edgy 2
            • Jan 2019

....rotten

....sick as a parrot?
            yep
            “Music is the best means we have of digesting time." — Igor Stravinsky

Comment

• cloughie
              • Dec 2011

....Sick as a Tinners Tiger....
              Certainly no Tribute and well short of a Proper Job!

Comment

• eighthobstruction
                • Nov 2010

....well you can't expect 'lush' more than once a decade....my gassy pirates continually run out of steam....often off for a waz never a proper jab...
                bong ching

Comment

• cloughie
                  • Dec 2011

....well you can't expect 'lush' more than once a decade....my gassy pirates continually run out of steam....often off for a waz never a proper jab...
                  Bottled Lush is all that is available ...

Comment

• teamsaint
                    • Nov 2010

Suggestions that games without crowds lead to less histrionics seem to being borne out. And VAR just did its job properly at spurs.

A walk in the park for Saints against a very poor and depleted Norwich. Thankfully for once we took our chance in this kind of situation, to give the manager some breathing space and an opportunity to blood some youngsters during the rest of the season.
                    Good performance, some nice goals, and another classy showing from Ings, who has looked an exceptional buy from minute one. What a difference a top class striker makes.
                    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• teamsaint
                      • Nov 2010

Anbody see Kante’s late foul on Jack Grealish ?
                      Of all the things that need changing in football, I think the punishment for this kind of offence needs the greatest attention. Far too often the punishment is really just a token gesture for a potentially match changing offence. One might compare to some relatively trivial fouls inside the box, with no obvious goal threat, which results in a penalty and goal along with the yellow card.
                      Sin bins seem the obvious answer, but something along the lines of a “ second degree penalty” , maybe from the edge of the D might work. Did this get trialled at one point?
                      I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

Comment

• antongould
                        • Nov 2010

Toon 3 Sheffield United 0

Joe Linton ..... yours for £80m .......

Comment

• eighthobstruction
                          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
                          Anbody see Kante’s late foul on Jack Grealish ?
                          Of all the things that need changing in football, I think the punishment for this kind of offence needs the greatest attention. Far too often the punishment is really just a token gesture for a potentially match changing offence. One might compare to some relatively trivial fouls inside the box, with no obvious goal threat, which results in a penalty and goal along with the yellow card.
                          Sin bins seem the obvious answer, but something along the lines of a “ second degree penalty” , maybe from the edge of the D might work. Did this get trialled at one point?
                          ....is there anywhere one can see this foul?....agree with youTS
                          bong ching

Comment

• eighthobstruction
                            • Nov 2010

....if Lintons Right foot doesn't work, shouldn't there be some warranty issue,,,,you wouldn't allow someone to sell you a car with only the 2 left wheels....due-diligence [n'all that]....just read his stats....since 2012....he hasn't scored many goals....over that time he has been sent off more times than goals scored for Tune....one scratches ones head....several times he scored but his team lost....he doesn't seem to be agile....thankgoodnes Tune have some really exciting players who turn up 60% of the time....Maybe they thought - someone in the mould of Andy Carroll (Who is just a injury nightmare). strong and lumbering....well they got the lumber bit right (wooden)....I love a bit of sarcasm just before bed - hitting the pillow feeling guilty and dirty, toss and turn in bed then turn asnd hit it LEFT footed under Henderson....
                            bong ching

Comment

• eighthobstruction
                              • Nov 2010

....if Lintons Right foot doesn't work, shouldn't there be some warranty issue,,,,you wouldn't allow someone to sell you a car with only the 2 left wheels....due-diligence [n'all that]....just read his stats....since 2012....he hasn't scored many goals....over that time he has been sent off more times than goals scored for Tune....one scratches ones head....several times he scored but his team lost....he doesn't seem to be agile....thankgoodnes Tune have some really exciting players who turn up 60% of the time....Maybe they thought - someone in the mould of Andy Carroll (Who is just a injury nightmare). strong and lumbering....well they got the lumber bit right (wooden)....I love a bit of sarcasm just before bed - hitting the pillow feeling guilty and dirty, toss and turn in bed then turn and hit it LEFT footed under Henderson....
                              bong ching

Comment

• teamsaint
                                • Nov 2010

....is there anywhere one can see this foul?....agree with youTS
                                I can’t find it online 8O, but it was your standard “ cynical” foul, deliberately chopping Grealish down as he was on a dangerous run towards the box, no intention to play the ball whatsoever. So completely against the spirit of the game.
                                Last edited by teamsaint; 22-06-20, 08:35.

Comment

Working...
                                X