X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Edgy 2
    • Jan 2019

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
    I don't know if it's just the lack of footie, but I tuned into the BBC Scotland Channel last night where they are running extended highlights, which they are calling 'Scottish Cup Classics', and I was riveted. Last night they showed a crackin' hell-for-leather semi-final from '81 featuring Dundee Utd v Celtic. Big Hamish the Goalie, Hegarty, Sturrock, Eammon Bannon and Davie Dodds versus Roy Aitken, Charlie Nicholas, Buddy legend Frank McGarvey and Tommy Burns - if you're looking for a wee bit footie in our present desert, you could do a lot worse.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000h5lz

BT Sport are showing plenty of vintage stuff too,The Big Match revisited,FA Cup classics and others
    “Music is the best means we have of digesting time." — Igor Stravinsky

Comment

• teamsaint
      • Nov 2010

I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• cloughie
        • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Edgy 2 View Post
        The one that was supposed to be at Leeds until the FA relented IIRC ?
        Yes, of all the 90 neutral grounds available the last place that should have been proposed.

Comment

• johncorrigan
          • Nov 2010

Well done, Stockport. When this is all over I hope we will not forget the contributions like this, that have been put towards the protection of lives.

Comment

• cloughie
            • Dec 2011

Well done, Stockport. When this is all over I hope we will not forget the contributions like this, that have been put towards the protection of lives.
            I hope the Spurs of this world have taken note!

Comment

• teamsaint
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
              I hope the Spurs of this world have taken note!
              The Liverpool fans are unanimous in their condemnation of LFC. Using the furlough scheme.
              Not sure the PFA is covering itself in glory either.
              I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

Comment

• LMcD
                • Sep 2017

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
                The Liverpool fans are unanimous in their condemnation of LFC. Using the furlough scheme.
                Not sure the PFA is covering itself in glory either.
                Barcelona FC is owned by its fans.
                Barcelona FC players are taking a 70% wage cut.
                Not that I'm suggesting there's a connection.

Comment

• johncorrigan
                  • Nov 2010

Although never a lover of Leeds Utd, there was always a strange attraction to the hardman in footie for me, so I was very sad to read of the death of the mighty Norman Hunter who succumbed to the virus this week. Here's some great photos of Norman from the Guardian. RIP.
                  The former Leeds and England defender Norman Hunter has died at the age of 76 after contracting coronavirus. Here we take a look at one of English football’s most feared, and revered, centre-backs

Comment

• cloughie
                    • Dec 2011

Although never a lover of Leeds Utd, there was always a strange attraction to the hardman in footie for me, so I was very sad to read of the death of the mighty Norman Hunter who succumbed to the virus this week. Here's some great photos of Norman from the Guardian. RIP.
                    https://www.theguardian.com/football...fe-in-pictures
                    Totally agree with you JC about Leeds, and NH. RIP Norman.

Comment

• teamsaint
                      • Nov 2010

Actual, real football. Wow.

How far there will still be home advantage will count is still to be seen. Villa have started well this evening though.

Comment

• jayne lee wilson
                        Banned
                        • Jul 2011

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
                        Actual, real football. Wow.

How far there will still be home advantage will count is still to be seen. Villa have started well this evening though.
                        Much better with crowd noise... as I found with my (slightly desultory) perusal of the Bundesliga... still a very odd experience - I felt with several German games the last 10 or 15 minutes seemed to peter out sooner than they might, had an actual crowd been roaring them on..... nice to post here again though!....

Comment

• jayne lee wilson
                          Banned
                          • Jul 2011

Heavens Teams...immediate controversy...... where's the goal-line tech?

Comment

• teamsaint
                            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by jayne lee wilson View Post
                            Heavens Teams...immediate controversy...... where's the goal-line tech?
                            His alarm clock didn’t go off, apparently.

Looked like a first game back, in truth. Villa aren’t a lost cause, but they'll do well to escape the drop. I’ve not seen much of the Blades, but they do look as solid as their defensive record suggests they are.

Comment

• eighthobstruction
                              • Nov 2010

....perhaps he was factoring in govt advise on the 2 metre rule....and his/her slide-rule got tangled in his/her landyard....so far in they could have given Bournemouth a goal and they can't buy a goal (they were not playing)....still it is Palaces turn to be denied a vital goalnow....(in the PL We were denied an obvious goal table)...

...great to have something nourishing on the sports pages....
                              bong ching

Comment

• eighthobstruction
                                • Nov 2010

....the whole point of having Davide Luiz in your already weak bullyied defence is that 2 or 3 times a season he delivers a really noteworthy killer pass....
                                bong ching

Comment

Working...
                                X