Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Edgy 2
    • Jan 2019

Stockport County 0 Sutton United 0 Poor game but a real buzz about the place because of the takeover.
    “Music is the best means we have of digesting time." — Igor Stravinsky

Comment

• Alison
      • Nov 2010

Lovely match report Sainty.

I wonder if Cloughmeister has picked himself up yet?

Comment

• Stanfordian
        • Dec 2010

AFC Fylde 2 - Torquay United 3

AFC Fylde took an early lead with tremendous shot from outside the box from debutant Tom Walker, the new signing from Salford City. The Coasters leaky defence soon conceded three goals to a hungry and efficient Torquay United. The second Coasters goal late on led to a final burst of attacking which was really just huff and puff. Torquay who deserved their win and well done to the 150 or so fans who made the very long journey to the Fylde coast. Torquay manager Gary Johnson presided over a very professional performance notable for their highly efficient strikes with no shortage of tactical fouls and after taking the lead several players going down injured taking the heat out of the game.

Last year's Wembley hero Danny Rowe after a relatively disappointing first half to the season has gone to Oldham and relegation looms. Recently appointed as Fylde manager Jim Bentley (ex Morecambe boss) has got off to a disappointing start and in truth seems clueless.
        Last edited by Stanfordian; 18-01-20, 23:03.

Comment

• cloughie
          • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Alison View Post
          Lovely match report Sainty.

I wonder if Cloughmeister has picked himself up yet?
          A red card that wasn’t really, followed by a very spineless performance!

Comment

• johncorrigan
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
            A red card that wasn’t really, followed by a very spineless performance!

Mind you, fine result for Crystal Palace today, even if it did take an O.G. to get the point.

Comment

• gurnemanz
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post

Mind you, fine result for Crystal Palace today, even if it did take an O.G. to get the point.
              F word was uttered when I saw 2-1 in 86th min. Very happy to take an o.g, Deserved draw and might have nicked 3 points. I've just made a comment on the Beethoven BaL thread.

Comment

• BBMmk2
                Late Member
                • Nov 2010

Seagulls drew yesterday, 1-1 v Aston Villa. Ah well, a point I suppose.
                Don’t cry for me
                I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• teamsaint
                  • Nov 2010

Breathless stuff at Anfield today. A superb game of football. Liverpool at times at their unstoppable best, but United deserving credit for hauling themselves back into it, and making it into a game that would have had even neutrals on the edge of their seat.
                  Liverpool just don't know how not to win, do they ? Perhaps they'll remember how not to win in the next couple of weeks..........
                  I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• DracoM
                    Host
                    • Mar 2007

Salah goal!!!!!!!!

Comment

• teamsaint
                      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by DracoM View Post
                      Salah goal!!!!!!!!
                      He was going to get that one come hell or high water, wasn't he ? That earlier miss must have really stung him.
                      I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• jayne lee wilson
                        Banned
                        • Jul 2011

Originally posted by DracoM View Post
                        Salah goal!!!!!!!!
                        Terrific match...

Never overlook the vital contributions Alisson makes - as a sweeper-keeper.
                        His angled pass to Salah for that second goal was masterly, scythingly and devastatingly brilliant; it comes from his far-sighted reading of the game in front of him..... but he does this regularly, spraying the ball out to the wing for the instant counter. Its a signature.
                        Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

A great keeper indeed, but far, far more....

United kept fighting, yes, but what they really need is consistency; and I'm not convinced that OGS has a truly sophisticated game-plan for any match, really...
                        Last edited by jayne lee wilson; 19-01-20, 22:13.

Comment

• Stanfordian
                          • Dec 2010

Originally posted by jayne lee wilson View Post
                          Terrific match...

Never overlook the vital contributions Alisson makes - as a sweeper-keeper.
                          His angled pass to Salah for that second goal was masterly, scythingly and devastatingly brilliant; it comes from his far-sighted reading of the game in front of him..... but he does this regularly, spraying the ball out to the wing for the instant counter. Its a signature.
                          Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

A great keeper indeed, but far, far more....

United kept fighting, yes, but what they really need is consistency; and I'm not convinced that OGS has a truly sophisticated game-plan for any match, really...
                          Man Utd did better than I expected - I thought they would loose by 4 goals. But a defeat is still a defeat and losing by 1 goal, not 4 goals, is still 3 points lost. Utd need 4 or 5 better players. What a pleasure it is to watch Liverpool play.
                          Last edited by Stanfordian; 20-01-20, 10:37.

Comment

• Alison
                            • Nov 2010

Burnley 2 Leicester City 1.

Dip in form continues.

Comment

• johncorrigan
                              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Alison View Post
                              Burnley 2 Leicester City 1.

Dip in form continues.
                              Bit unlucky I thought, Alison.

Comment

• DracoM
                                Host
                                • Mar 2007

Man City and Leics City weekend results help Liverpool.

Comment

Working...
                                X