• Show
Clear All
  • cloughie
    • Dec 2011

Originally posted by antongould View Post
    Indeed cloughers

Chesterfield 1 Hangers 5

will wake up soon ......
    Could have a half-decent season yet, anton! ...and interesting edge, the yo-yoing of County and the Hangers in mid-table!

Comment

• jayne lee wilson
      Banned
      • Jul 2011

Fabinho off, 0-1 to our eurobogeys (Ancelotti trained, know how to defend....& it was always going to be Mertens....)....

This is not going well.....

Comment

• jayne lee wilson
        Banned
        • Jul 2011

OK so its down to another last-match-day nervewracker....
        But we're Liverpool..... its what we do.....we're used to it....! (Not.. you never get used to it...you might live for it though.).....

Comment

• Stanfordian
          • Dec 2010

Originally posted by jayne lee wilson View Post
          OK so its down to another last-match-day nervewracker....
          But we're Liverpool..... its what we do.....we're used to it....! (Not.. you never get used to it...you might live for it though.).....
          Liverpool are going through a flat patch at the moment, letting in some goals but they are still moving forward. I think it's 12 games since a clean sheet.

Comment

• cloughie
            • Dec 2011

Well I got home after a sing with the choir at a NT property and a very wet day was somewhat brightened up by the result from the early match at the Valley! 3-1 to the Owls, and a great change to win with late goals to us for a change!

Comment

• antongould
              • Nov 2010

Toon 2 Man City 2 ...... Good result ......

Stockport get 5 away ...... anything Hangers can do ........

Comment

• jayne lee wilson
                Banned
                • Jul 2011

Great win for Saints, great strike from Ward-Prowse, but.... the supposed handball for the equaliser? Most of the Sky post match comments said it should have been given as handball but.......here's the new law (again)....

"Deflections:

Premier League players will be allowed extra leeway when it comes to ricocheted handballs.
                It is often impossible to avoid contact with the ball if it has deflected off the body of an opponent, team-mate, or even another part of the own player.

So a handball will not be awarded if the ball touches a player’s hand/arm directly from their own head/body/foot or the head/body/foot of another player who is close/nearby".

The ball clearly bounced up onto Boufal's hand from the defender. So the handball should not have been given - if VAR looked at it they correctly allowed the goal.
                This happened for the McBurney equaliser for Sheffield Utd against MU last week....many fans don't seem to have got this yet.

See the main law amendments that Premier League players and fans will need to be aware in 2019/20

Comment

• teamsaint
                  • Nov 2010

Great win for Saints, great strike from Ward-Prowse, but.... the supposed handball for the equaliser? Most of the Sky post match comments said it should have been given as handball but.......here's the new law (again)....

"Deflections:

Premier League players will be allowed extra leeway when it comes to ricocheted handballs.
                  It is often impossible to avoid contact with the ball if it has deflected off the body of an opponent, team-mate, or even another part of the own player.

So a handball will not be awarded if the ball touches a player’s hand/arm directly from their own head/body/foot or the head/body/foot of another player who is close/nearby".

The ball clearly bounced up onto Boufal's hand from the defender. So the handball should not have been given - if VAR looked at it they correctly allowed the goal.
                  This happened for the McBurney equaliser for Sheffield Utd against MU last week....
                  Superb analysis Jayne

The law of the football universe says that after a Watford beat us with a punched in equaliser two seasons ago, and a completely wrongly disallowed second from Charlie last season in the home hame against them , that we were way overdue a break against Watford.
                  Wasn’t there today, but we can only hope that the team and Ralph finally respond with some 90 minute performances. Boufal needs much more game time. If we can shore up the defence a liitle, we have the attacking threat to get a decent number of goals.

Four points in two games is top half form...
                  I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• Edgy 2
                    • Jan 2019

Originally posted by antongould View Post
                    Toon 2 Man City 2 ...... Good result ......

Stockport get 5 away ...... anything Hangers can do ........
                    Yep

Torquay United 1 Stockport County just the 5,wow

I enjoyed the Toon result too

it's man city btw
                    “Music is the best means we have of digesting time." — Igor Stravinsky

Comment

• jayne lee wilson
                      Banned
                      • Jul 2011

Most exciting moment for a Liverpool fan today was.....Jonjo Shelvey (former player) with that stunning long-range equaliser for Newcastle against City....

Otherwise it was the usual agony-on-the-radio Saturday afternoon....Alisson sent off....hanging on.....but.... we won again...

Comment

• antongould
                        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Edgy 2 View Post
                        Yep

Torquay United 1 Stockport County just the 5,wow

I enjoyed the Toon result too

it's man city btw
                        Far too technical for me edge ....

Comment

• johncorrigan
                          • Nov 2010

Great results for lots of the forum teams today...wish I could join in the fun, though sounded like we might have sort of deserved a point at least. Only consolation is that there are other teams down there languishing with us playing worse than the Buddies.

Comment

• cloughie
                            • Dec 2011

Most exciting moment for a Liverpool fan today was.....Jonjo Shelvey (former player) with that stunning long-range equaliser for Newcastle against City....

Otherwise it was the usual agony-on-the-radio Saturday afternoon....Alisson sent off....hanging on.....but.... we won again...
                            Yes must be really gut-wrenching to think you’ve only got an 11 point lead at this stage of the season, Jayne, mind you it might only be 8 if your erstwhile leader wields the magic over Everton tomorrow. Tough at the top I guess!

Comment

• LMcD
                              • Sep 2017

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
                              Yes must be really gut-wrenching to think you’ve only got an 11 point lead at this stage of the season, Jayne, mind you it might only be 8 if your erstwhile leader wields the magic over Everton tomorrow. Tough at the top I guess!
                              Thanks for the reminder - I must check the League 1 and Highland League tables .... yup, the Tractor Boy have still got those 2 games in hand and Fort William haven't been beaten for weeks.

Comment

• cloughie
                                • Dec 2011

Originally posted by LMcD View Post
                                Thanks for the reminder - I must check the League 1 and Highland League tables .... yup, the Tractor Boy have still got those 2 games in hand and Fort William haven't been beaten for weeks.
                                ...and of course you have the 'fallen giants' clash with Coventry in the FA Cup tomorrow!

Comment

Working...
                                X