X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cloughie
    • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Edgy 2 View Post
    Stockport County 1 Ebbsfleet United 1 Another added time goal earned us the point
    ...and the story goes on - an 88th minute penalty loses us one!
    Last edited by cloughie; 24-11-19, 09:02.

Comment

• jayne lee wilson
      Banned
      • Jul 2011

Anyone else catch the Copa Libertadores final between River Plate and Flamengo?
      I just stumbled upon it on BBC2 (!) last night, idly channel-hopping after some News........

Well it was no classic - an edgy, bitty affair where Flamengo looked tired and unappetised, River Plate seemingly coasting to a 1-0 win....
      But stunningly, in a twist reminiscent of United-Bayern in 1999, Flamengo came to their senses, scored in the 89th and 92nd minutes, chaos was unleashed and two men were sent off in injury time!

We may play them in the World Club Cup.... didn't go too well in 1981 though: we couldn't cope with Zico and lost 3-0...
      Last edited by jayne lee wilson; 24-11-19, 05:05.

Comment

• zola
        • May 2011

Originally posted by jayne lee wilson View Post
        Anyone else catch the Copa Libertadores final between River Plate and Flamengo?
        Yes, with the worst player on the pitch suddenly becoming the hero. Then getting sent off for two yellows ( why do goal scorers take their shirts off ? ) It has to be said that for the big games, South American fans really know how to do atmosphere. Something about those old crumbling stadiums too, as opposed to the soulless identikit structures that are too many new stadiums in Europe.

Comment

• johncorrigan
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Edgy 2 View Post
          Stockport County 1 Ebbsfleet United 1 Another added time goal earned us the point
          Hey, Rob, Buddies got a late strike winner yesterday...not much better happens. Off the foot on GD. Next we take on Jack Ross and his new Hibs team midweek. Come on you Buddies!

Comment

• teamsaint
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
            Hey, Rob, Buddies got a late strike winner yesterday...not much better happens. Off the foot on GD. Next we take on Jack Ross and his new Hibs team midweek. Come on you Buddies!
            Nice one JC.

Sadly for us, even our good days are bad ATM.
            Absolutely vital few weeks upcoming, with home games against fellow stugglers. Ralf seems to be showing faith in Jack Stephens.
            I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• Edgy 2
              • Jan 2019

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
              ...and the story goes on - an 88th minute penalty loses us one!
              “Music is the best means we have of digesting time." — Igor Stravinsky

Comment

• Edgy 2
                • Jan 2019

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
                Great stuff
                “Music is the best means we have of digesting time." — Igor Stravinsky

Comment

• Alison
                  • Nov 2010

Sorry BBM.

Nice win for the Foxes.

I’m going to West Ham v Leicester Dec 28. Rather hoping the Hammers don’t get rid of their manager before then.

Unlucky teamsainty.

Comment

• BBMmk2
                    Late Member
                    • Nov 2010

Seagulls lost against Man City. Ah well.
                    Don’t cry for me
                    I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• johncorrigan
                      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post

Sadly for us, even our good days are bad ATM.
                      Absolutely vital few weeks upcoming, with home games against fellow stugglers. Ralf seems to be showing faith in Jack Stephens.
                      You were mighty unlucky from the look of the highlights, sainty. Good time to go on a winning streak. That would be good!

Comment

• Alison
                        • Nov 2010

So will Rossy get good reception from yours fans, John?

By no means the only manager to fail at Sunderland!

Comment

• cloughie
                          • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Alison View Post

I don’t think he failed but like a number of good managers was the victim of board impatience! His successor at Sunderland has yet to shine! League One is a tough division and many of their matches, particularly away from home are their oppositions ‘cup final’ against a fallen giant. That, and the number of other fallen giants down there trying to get back! Away from that you must be thrilled by how well the Foxes are faring - another good win on Saturday!

Comment

• Stanfordian
                            • Dec 2010

Great comeback by Man Utd. They should have won if not for that third Sheffield goal; which I think should have been ruled out for handball.

Great strength and physicality with plenty of skill too by Sheffield.

After a quite dire first half performance it was good to see the fighting qualities of this very young Man Utd side. I didn't think they had it in them.

The best bet of the weekend was Leicester City to win at Brighton at 5/4. I couldn't see Leicester losing and they didn't.

Good 3-0 win by AFC Fylde at home v Dagenham and Redbridge. I went to the game and Fylde need to continue this good form to avoid the drop.

Comment

• johncorrigan
                              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Alison View Post

Pretty sure he will, Alison. He was a popular boss - still think he left too early, but I reckon he'll do a great job with Hibs, hopefully after tomorrow evening.

Comment

• jayne lee wilson
                                Banned
                                • Jul 2011

Originally posted by Stanfordian View Post
                                Great comeback by Man Utd. They should have won if not for that third Sheffield goal; which I think should have been ruled out for handball.

Great strength and physicality with plenty of skill too by Sheffield.

After a quite dire first half performance it was good to see the fighting qualities of this very young Man Utd side. I didn't think they had it in them.

The best bet of the weekend was Leicester City to win at Brighton at 5/4. I couldn't see Leicester losing and they didn't.

Good 3-0 win by AFC Fylde at home v Dagenham and Redbridge. I went to the game and Fylde need to continue this good form to avoid the drop.
                                Utd v Utd....Incredible game to watch!

Stan - I think the McBurney equaliser was (correctly) allowed under the revised laws, because the ball ricocheted from leg to shoulder, there was no "unnatural silhouette" and self-evidently no intentional handling. It would have been wrong to disallow it under those current laws.... look again -
                                SUBSCRIBE ► http://bit.ly/SSFootballSubPREMIER LEAGUE HIGHLIGHTS ► http://bit.ly/SkySportsPLHighlightsHighlights from Bramall Lane as Sheffield United grabbe...

I was so relieved to see the goal stand. Google revised/new etc handball laws to see how it is in the VAR age.... but it always needs a human judgement/decison...

Comment

Working...
                                X