X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Edgy 2
    • Jan 2019

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
    I can categorically say ‘no’ nor an equaliser on this and last week’s experience has seen the Owls throw 5 points away!

Grrr.
    Yep
    “Music is the best means we have of digesting time." — Igor Stravinsky

Comment

• LMcD
      • Sep 2017

The Tractor Boys' impressive FA Cup run continues ...

Comment

• cloughie
        • Dec 2011

Originally posted by LMcD View Post
        The Tractor Boys' impressive FA Cup run continues ...
        Well you now meet the erstwhile giant killers on equal terms - at least you have the consolation that the Cowley Brothers rode out of Sincil Bank to become the Kings of Cowtown!

Comment

• BBMmk2
          Late Member
          • Nov 2010

Newcastle Utd 2- Bournemouth 1!

Brighton have Man Utd away 2pm
          Don’t cry for me
          I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• johncorrigan
            • Nov 2010

Afraid we're back at the old joke...how do you know you're reading the paper upside down? Beaten 5-2 by the Jambos. Rubbish stuff!

Comment

• Alison
              • Nov 2010

Oh John I’m sorry.

What was Kloppy moaning about when Man C scored their consolation? He gets so many decisions in his favour but goes ballistic if anything goes against him. Guess I’m still hurting after that late penalty v Leicester.

Comment

• cloughie
                • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Alison View Post
                Oh John I’m sorry.

What was Kloppy moaning about when Man C scored their consolation? He gets so many decisions in his favour but goes ballistic if anything goes against him. Guess I’m still hurting after that late penalty v Leicester.
                I was seriously hoping City would win today - just rein back Liverpool and really make it a four horse race for the neutrals. I saw something written this weekend that Arsenal might be looking to ditch Emery for Rodgers - why on earth would he want to switch to an inferior side?

Comment

• Alison
                  • Nov 2010

Liverpool not entirely convincing against Leicester, United or Villa so plenty of interest yet in my opinion.

Comment

• zola
                    • May 2011

Originally posted by Alison View Post
                    Liverpool not entirely convincing against Leicester, United or Villa so plenty of interest yet in my opinion.
                    Or against Sheffield United. And Chelsea could / should have got a draw against them. But the longer it goes on.....

Comment

• Alison
                      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by zola View Post
                      Or against Sheffield United. And Chelsea could / should have got a draw against them. But the longer it goes on.....
                      TBH I don’t expect Leicester to finish above them. They deserved the victory today but I do fear Klopp exerts too much pressure on referees in the old Ferguson manner.

Comment

• Edgy 2
                        • Jan 2019

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
                        I was seriously hoping City would win today - just rein back Liverpool and really make it a four horse race for the neutrals. I saw something written this weekend that Arsenal might be looking to ditch Emery for Rodgers - why on earth would he want to switch to an inferior side?
                        Wash your mouth out cloughie
                        “Music is the best means we have of digesting time." — Igor Stravinsky

Comment

• teamsaint
                          • Nov 2010

Liverpool may mot look entirely convincing in all the games, but they have a terrific back four, and brilliant front three.
                          I think if they can keep the front three fit, they will likely win the title, especially as City could see the Champions League as a preferred target , at a certain point.

And looking at todays game, they have self belief to burn.
                          I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• BBMmk2
                            Late Member
                            • Nov 2010

Well soundly beaten by Man Utd yesterday afternoon at Old Trafford. We beat them at home but Old Trafford, is always going to be a different situation.
                            Don’t cry for me
                            I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• verismissimo
                              • Nov 2010

Vardy has a way to go to overtake the goalscoring hero of my youth at Filbert Street, Arthur Rowley.

Comment

• LMcD
                                • Sep 2017

"Emotions got the better of me" tweets Raheem Sterling. It would be nice, but probably naïve, to think that a grossly overpaid soccer player could afford a few lessons on how to grow up. I get emotional listening to Elgar or watching 'Casablanca', but I'm not a high-profile sport star who can reasonably be prepared to act as a role model in exchange for the honour - and the vastly inflated financial benefits - that come the privilege of playing for one's country.
                                Last edited by LMcD; 12-11-19, 10:34.

Comment

Working...
                                X