Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • johncorrigan
    • Nov 2010

We've got Livingston on their plastic monstrosity today, but this is the kind of game the Buddies should be getting points from...and points mean prizes, as we all know! Good luck to the forum teams out there today, whether you need it or not!!!

Comment

• teamsaint
      • Nov 2010

Ah well, we all need a bit of luck, JC.

A really good afternoon's entertainment at SMS today. Saints started very sloppily , and conceded early to a fine strike from James, who looks as though he could be a great signing, despite a couple of fluffed lines.

Despite the setback, Saints , missing two important players in Bertrand and Redmond ,fought back really well and were well in charge, if still behind, at the break. The second half unfolded with more Saints pressure, and Adams should have equalised before Vestergaard got us back on terms from a teasing Danso Cross. Danso looks as though he could be an astute signing, looking very composed at LB, and causing problems going forward. Unhappily he got a second yellow for a rash challenge, but so it goes.
      The sending off led to a bit of a barrage from United, but Saints held on in relative comfort , to give us that " Draw that feels like a win" feeling.

Hopeless performance from referee Mike " Red Devil" Dean as usual, and it has to be said that United are way behind city and Liverpool right now. Rashford was anonymous, but the two new lads will help them. And Pogba has that rare talent of annoying both his own and the oppositions fans !!

Good day out, happy Rabbits in the Saints hutch tonight.

No such luck for the Paisley Saints though
      I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• cloughie
        • Dec 2011

Another bad day for the Owls - well done Hangers and County both away winners in a couple of Div 4 OB matches.

Comment

• antongould
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
          Another bad day for the Owls - well done Hangers and County both away winners in a couple of Div 4 OB matches.
          Cheers cloughers ..... yes two excellent results and Rob in the playoffs .......

Torquay 1 Hangers 2
          Toon 1 Watford 1

So much for, what SB described as, our rock solid defence conceding in 2 minutes ...... !!!!!

Comment

• cloughie
            • Dec 2011

Originally posted by antongould View Post
            Cheers cloughers ..... yes two excellent results and Rob in the playoffs .......

Torquay 1 Hangers 2
            Toon 1 Watford 1

So much for, what SB described as, our rock solid defence conceding in 2 minutes ...... !!!!!
            Strangely it our centrebacks (SB acquisitions) were part of the Owls defeat today.

Comment

• Edgy 2
              • Jan 2019

Yes thanks guys

Wrexham 1 Stockport County 2 We were hanging on a bit at the end by all accounts,won 4 out of the last 5 games
              “Music is the best means we have of digesting time." — Igor Stravinsky

Comment

• jayne lee wilson
                Banned
                • Jul 2011

How odd to credit Trent-Alex's homage to Ronaldhino-Japan-2002 (our first against Burnley) as an own goal.....

"striking" similarity!

See it on MotD...
                (Like with pens.... trick is to watch the eyes/head...)
                Last edited by jayne lee wilson; 31-08-19, 21:16.

Comment

• johncorrigan
                  • Nov 2010

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
                  Ah well, we all need a bit of luck, JC.

A really good afternoon's entertainment at SMS today. Saints started very sloppily , and conceded early to a fine strike from James, who looks as though he could be a great signing, despite a couple of fluffed lines.

No such luck for the Paisley Saints though
                  Good result at SMS, ts. My brother was at the game yesterday and says the pitch should be dug up...I assume he's not talking about the Buddies' pitch, but the abomination that is Livingston's bouncy plastic effort. He says it's like watching football being played with a large super-ball. Saints lose two on the bounce. Disappointing result. Went to the cinema to forget.

Comment

• Edgy 2
                    • Jan 2019

Stockport County 2 Fylde 1 Can't stop winning

Comment

• antongould
                      • Nov 2010

Barrow 0 Hangers 1 ....... just getting a bit scary now ....?

Comment

• cloughie
                        • Dec 2011

Originally posted by antongould View Post
                        Barrow 0 Hangers 1 ....... just getting a bit scary now ....?
                        Hey edge and anton are we heading for a forum battle for automatic back to the fourth tier?

Comment

• antongould
                          • Nov 2010

Hey edge and anton are we heading for a forum battle for automatic back to the fourth tier?
                          Steady cloughers

Comment

• Edgy 2
                            • Jan 2019

You just never know !

Comment

• teamsaint
                              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Edgy 2 View Post
                              You just never know !
                              The conference table always makes for odd reading with its mix of league old boys, upstart wannabees ( Eastleigh !) and so on.

Great to see the forum teams doing well, sad to see Notts down there, and I really think it should be 3 up and 3 down to/from L2
                              I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• cloughie
                                • Dec 2011

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
                                The conference table always makes for odd reading with its mix of league old boys, upstart wannabees ( Eastleigh !) and so on.

Great to see the forum teams doing well, sad to see Notts down there, and I really think it should be 3 up and 3 down to/from L2
                                Or maybe this season 3 up 2 down post Bury!

Comment

Working...
                                X