X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cloughie
    • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Edgy 2 View Post
    Steve Bruce resigned,I was thinking he might have a decent season at Wednesday cloughie
    or maybe a for BBM
    Got to say I’m very disappointed that he is gone, but little surprises me in the world of Football - I hear that Hughton has said no, just await developments, Lee Bullen is in temporary charge, a safe pair of hands who knows the players better than most, maybe should get the job!

Comment

• Stanfordian
      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Edgy 2 View Post
      Steve Bruce resigned,I was thinking he might have a decent season at Wednesday cloughie
      or maybe a for BBM
      Steve Bruce is for an extremely hard ride from the Newcastle fans - I hope he's ready for it. Although said to a be a fan of Newcastle in his youth, having been manager of Sunderland is his contentious area.

Comment

• antongould
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Stanfordian View Post
        Steve Bruce is for an extremely hard ride from the Newcastle fans - I hope he's ready for it. Although said to a be a fan of Newcastle in his youth, having been manager of Sunderland is his contentious area.
        Very true Stan .... I assume the Owls will go for Big Sam cloughers .......

Comment

• Alison
          • Nov 2010

Claude Puel for Wednesday maybe.

Always quite liked Bruce but surely a bad move and a kick in the teeth for the Owls.

Comment

• cloughie
            • Dec 2011

Originally posted by antongould View Post
            Very true Stan .... I assume the Owls will go for Big Sam cloughers .......
            I’m not assuming anything just that something happens soon and we get a good management team in there - no doubt if we get someone who can get the job done well, we’ll lose out to some failing side before Christmas and if we don’t then they’ll be out before Christmas. With the fairplay rules as they are we need someone who can do a lot with a little - but then Newcastle poached him!

Comment

• cloughie
              • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Alison View Post
              Claude Puel for Wednesday maybe.

Always quite liked Bruce but surely a bad move and a kick in the teeth for the Owls.
              I liked him until now - he’s done well for us - then clears off, no apology to the Owls, just that it was his home club - fine - if you look at his record it has been a me me me thing - well that may match the ethos of the football world but does nothing for my view of how things should be!

Comment

• teamsaint
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
                I liked him until now - he’s done well for us - then clears off, no apology to the Owls, just that it was his home club - fine - if you look at his record it has been a me me me thing - well that may match the ethos of the football world but does nothing for my view of how things should be!
                Poor reward for the faith the Owls put in him.
                Its a two way street.

We had a very similar situation with Hoddle. He was brilliant for us, and we helped his career no end, but then Spuds came calling. I can’t say I blamed him, because as Lawrie Mac found out when he turned United down, these chances only come round once.
                On the other hand, Bruce had the opportunity to do something big with the Owls, be a hero, set himself up for a cosy retirement on the board. Shame he didn’t take up the challenge.
                I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• cloughie
                  • Dec 2011

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
                  Poor reward for the faith the Owls put in him.
                  Its a two way street.

We had a very similar situation with Hoddle. He was brilliant for us, and we helped his career no end, but then Spuds came calling. I can’t say I blamed him, because as Lawrie Mac found out when he turned United down, these chances only come round once.
                  On the other hand, Bruce had the opportunity to do something big with the Owls, be a hero, set himself up for a cosy retirement on the board. Shame he didn’t take up the challenge.
                  I suppose the judgement will come in May 2020 when the place in the 92(116?) counts the real winners!

Comment

• johncorrigan
                    • Nov 2010

It's not just on the forum that people are talking about Fort William. There's a documentary tomorrow evening on the BBC Scotland Channel about the 'The Fort'.
                    Follow the fortunes of Scotland’s Fort William FC, dubbed Britain’s worst football team.

Comment

• gurnemanz
                      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Stanfordian View Post
                      Bruce is still hated at Palace. Simon Jordan reminisces.

Comment

• antongould
                        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
                        Sorry missed this cloughers .... very well said IMVVHO

Comment

• eighthobstruction
                          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by antongould View Post
                          .... very well said IMVVHO
                          ....he'll not be there long....excpting he has a fairly good record for getting clubs promoted, in prem league he is about on par with Paul Lambert....
                          bong ching

Comment

• antongould
                            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by eighthobstruction View Post
                            ....he'll not be there long....excpting he has a fairly good record for getting clubs promoted, in prem league he is about on par with Paul Lambert....
                            You could well be right Wise One .....

Comment

• LMcD
                              • Sep 2017

Paul Lambert, tired of fire-fighting (his 3 previous jobs all lasted less than a year): 'If he (Marcus Evans) wants a quick fix I may just as well pack my bags... we need 3 or 4 transfer windows'
                              I think he's wise to try to manage the expectations of Tractor Boys' fans.

Comment

• zola
                                • May 2011

A little surprised to see no celebration of Fort William winning a game ! 5-2 against Nairn County ( to whom many commiserations ) It wasn't a league game though, something called the North of Scotland Cup. So not sure how significant it is. But they've shipped in a bunch of loanees from Inverness CT.

Comment

Working...
                                X