X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • teamsaint
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by antongould View Post
    Toon 2 Liverpool 3 in case Rip Van Winkle has joined us .....
    I dont really understand the cash issues at SJP, but the huge support, the PL money, and Rafa should be a potent combo. They mad3 a great contribution to last nights game.

The greatest under achievers in English football ? Them and Guildford perhaps ........
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• BBMmk2
      Late Member
      • Nov 2010

Hoping Seagulls be ok now. A Forum derby, with both my teams playing!
      Don’t cry for me
      I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• cloughie
        • Dec 2011

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
        Congrats to your mob, Rob...shine up yer buttons wi' Brasso, it only costs ninepence a tin; you can get it oot Woolies fur nuthin', as long as there's naebody in! Excuse me for that!

Draw for the Budds today and Hamilton won...Dundee down automatically...we just have to win the last two and hope Hamilton slip up at the end.
        Our version of the song from 60 plus years ago was Shine up your buttons with Brasso, it’s only three halfpence a tin, you buy it or nick it from Woolworths, they prob'ly won’t have any in. Good luck with your remaining fixtures!

Comment

• cloughie
          • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Eine Alpensinfonie View Post
          I’m never quite sure why some leagues are misnamed non-leagues. The Championship isn’t even called a league any more, but the others are.
          The league for me is and always will be, unless they change the numbers radically, the top 92 clubs in 4 divisions and anything below is non-league. There were references this weekend to Notts County, the oldest league club losing its league status so the nomenclature remains!

Comment

• Stanfordian
            • Dec 2010

I'd love to see Liverpool win the English Premier League. So finger's crossed for a Leicester City victory over Man City tomorrow!

Regarding my local teams it's good to see fans returning in numbers to Blackpool FC after that most depressing Oyston era. Makes one wonder about the adequacy of the fit and proper persons test.

It's good to see Fleetwood Town doing well just one point behind Blackpool in the same division.

Preston are once again in mid-table comfort in the Championship, a position the club seems to like inhabiting.

AFC Fylde have two visits to Wembley in the next few weeks for the Promotion final from the National League to English Football League Two and the FA Trophy Final.

I'm watching the game and Man Utd are being outplayed by relegated Huddersfield - But the annoying thing for a Utd fan is that it comes as no surprise. Solskjær has a silly grin of despair on his face. The team is useless and the manager out of his depth!
            Last edited by Stanfordian; 06-05-19, 11:30.

Comment

• teamsaint
              • Nov 2010

Congrats to your mob, Rob...shine up yer buttons wi' Brasso, it only costs ninepence a tin; you can get it oot Woolies fur nuthin', as long as there's naebody in! Excuse me for that!

Draw for the Budds today and Hamilton won...Dundee down automatically...we just have to win the last two and hope Hamilton slip up at the end.
              A couple of big clubs await in the playoffs too. Good luck JC, the forum is with you all the way.

( checked out the Scottish Championship table, more lines on there than I used to get at school )
              I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
                Host
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
                The league for me is and always will be, unless they change the numbers radically, the top 92 clubs in 4 divisions and anything below is non-league. There were references this weekend to Notts County, the oldest league club losing its league status so the nomenclature remains!
                I know, but it's only a tradition. Nowadays, there's promotion/relegation between leagues at every level. The old football league was a protected organisation, re-electing clubs at the bottom of Division 4 as a matter of course.

Comment

• LMcD
                  • Sep 2017

Ipswich/Leeds match statistics:
                  Possession 35/65
                  Shots 6/27
                  On target 3/7
                  Corners 2/11
                  Goals 3/2

Comment

• cloughie
                    • Dec 2011

Originally posted by LMcD View Post
                    Ipswich/Leeds match statistics:
                    Possession 35/65
                    Shots 6/27
                    On target 3/7
                    Corners 2/11
                    Goals 3/2
                    Maybe Leeds’ finishing needs attention, but then what do I know. Who’s your money on for winning the playoff final?

Comment

• Lancashire Lass
                      • Feb 2012

Originally posted by Eine Alpensinfonie View Post

Relief that Wimbledon didn’t swap places with the Plastic Dons.
                      Thanks EA and those others who've expressed good wishes. Mansfield weren't too popular on the Wombles chatsites I can tell you but you can't have everything, and we are so very happy that WAG (Wally & Glyn) managed to turn things around.

Cloughie, there were a lot of supportive comments about Plymouth -- though I know that can't make up for the hair's breadth relegation -- as they've been unlucky twice with us now. They should on paper (if not on the day) have won the League One play-off final, they brought far more fans than us all that long way, and their fans were very generous in congratulating us afterwards. Hope they bounce back next season.

Edgy, well done, you must be thrilled.

Comment

• LMcD
                        • Sep 2017

Maybe Leeds’ finishing needs attention, but then what do I know. Who’s your money on for winning the playoff final?
                        The nearest I get to any sort of betting is Premium Bonds, but Villa seem to be able to score quite a few goals while not conceding too many.

Comment

• johncorrigan
                          • Nov 2010

The pundits want Derby as they totally love the manager...I think probably, on balance, Villa...perhaps!

Comment

• BBMmk2
                            Late Member
                            • Nov 2010

Thank goodness Seagulls are safe!
                            Don’t cry for me
                            I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• eighthobstruction
                              • Nov 2010

....Derby will surely loose Mount and Wilson to transfers....Hull loose Bowen ....Birmingham Adams....will anyone come in for Mee and Tarkowski as a pair....Will Pukki score so freely in PL???....Glad Billy Sharp and Mcgoldrick will get a sniff of PL....
                              bong ching

Comment

• Stanfordian
                                • Dec 2010

The pundits want Derby as they totally love the manager...I think probably, on balance, Villa...perhaps!
                                On the radio 'Derby County' are now called 'Frank Lampard's Derby County'.

Comment

Working...
                                X