• Show
Clear All
  • EdgeleyRob
    • Nov 2010

Brilliant ts,fantastic result.

Comment

• gurnemanz
      • Nov 2010

Well done, Saints. Skin of teeth. At least now on the last day Palace don't have to be the ones to send down West Brom, another team I quite like.

Comment

• Alison
        • Nov 2010

Congratulations teamsaint old chap!

A stirring and deserved victory.

Comment

• BBMmk2
          Late Member
          • Nov 2010

The Unmentionables 3 v Brighton & Hove Albion 1

Oh dear, but hey ho, we still there!
          Don’t cry for me
          I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• teamsaint
            • Nov 2010

Right, sorry all, bit late with the Weds night scores, put it down to a recovery phase after Tuesday night.

Unmentionables 3 BHA 1. BHA on the pebble beach.
            Chelsea 1 Huddedsfield 1. Chelsea finding CL qualification a Bridge too far, by the look of it.
            Leicester 3 Arsenal 1. All a bit end of seasonish in terms of significance.
            Spuds 1 Newcastle 0. Poch’s boys with CL footy to look forward to next term.

Think thats it, Man Utd play tonight.
            I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• cloughie
              • Dec 2011

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
              Right, sorry all, bit late with the Weds night scores, put it down to a recovery phase after Tuesday night.

Unmentionables 3 BHA 1. BHA on the pebble beach.
              Chelsea 1 Huddedsfield 1. Chelsea finding CL qualification a Bridge too far, by the look of it.
              Leicester 3 Arsenal 1. All a bit end of seasonish in terms of significance.
              Spuds 1 Newcastle 0. Poch’s boys with CL footy to look forward to next term.

Think thats it, Man Utd play tonight.
              Well done Huddersfield, surviving in the Prem by gaining points off Man City and Chelsea away from home is a great test of their team togetherness, whilst Carlos is shown the door by Swansea, mind you I think he signed up to a game of Russian roulette, and mixing up my gambling metaphors, an incomplete pack!

Comment

• johncorrigan
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
                Well done Huddersfield, surviving in the Prem by gaining points off Man City and Chelsea away from home is a great test of their team togetherness, whilst Carlos is shown the door by Swansea, mind you I think he signed up to a game of Russian roulette, and mixing up my gambling metaphors, an incomplete pack!
                SNAP!

Comment

• antongould
                  • Nov 2010

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
                  Agreed cloughers

Comment

• teamsaint
                    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by antongould View Post
                    Agreed cloughers
                    Town have done really well. There are lots of Town fans in Mrs TS’s family, her dad used to wax lyrical about Dennis Law.

The point at Chelsea was the result of extraordinry endeavour by a team which is extremely limited in terms of skills. Presumably they wil be investing in the squad this summer.
                    A great example of getting success by continuing to do the things that brought you success in the first place.
                    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

Comment

• BBMmk2
                      Late Member
                      • Nov 2010

Hard luck with Charlton Athletic last night. They deserve to go top the Championship Division.
                      Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• zola
                        • May 2011

Originally posted by Brassbandmaestro View Post
                        Hard luck with Charlton Athletic last night. They deserve to go top the Championship Division.
                        Why ? They've been mismanaged for years and they finished the regular season 16 points behind their opponents of last night. Come on Shrewsbury ! ( and the play off isn't over in any case )

Comment

• teamsaint
                          • Nov 2010

Final PL round up of the season.

Burnley 1 AFC Bournemouth 2. Great season for the Cherries again.
                          Where’s IGI got to ?

Palace 1 WBA 0. All looked rather comfortable in the end for the Eagles 11th, and hoping that Zaha can be retained I guess.

Huddersfield 0 Arsenal 1. Everybody happy really after a forum derby. Lots of work to do for both teams over the summer.

Liverpool 4 BHA 0.CL football secured for the Reds, straight down the beach for Albion after a fine season.

Man Utd 1 Watford 0. United finish a distant second.
                          Newcastle 3 Chelsea 0. Rafa has worked his magic, Conte less so. Just a cup final to look forward too. Poor them.

Saints 0 unmentonables 1. Pep time winner again for the champions to get to the 100 point mark. Saints with a decent performance, and a lot of lessons to learn in a hurry. Bertrand went off injured, hopefully just a precaution ahead of the world cup.

Spurs 5 Leicester 4. Sounds like last day fun at wemberlee. Top half finish for the Foxes .

Apologies if I have missed anything.

Edit: forgot yesterdays L2 playoffs.

Lincoln City 0 Exeter City 0.

Coventry 1 Notts County 1. Apparently a great goal from ex Saint "Jono Quick" giving County the lead.

And in Scotland ,Partick won 1-0 at Dundee, but have a relegation play off I think.
                          Although the system on Scotland is so complicated that we need a native to explain it, and he's on his hols !!

Good to see Tranmere back in the league for next season.
                          Last edited by teamsaint; 13-05-18, 21:33.

Comment

• johncorrigan
                            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post

And in Scotland ,Partick won 1-0 at Dundee, but have a relegation play off I think.
                            Although the system on Scotland is so complicated that we need a native to explain it, and he's on his hols !!
                            I've just nipped off the beach, folded away the deckchair to join you, ts. Glad to see the Southern Saints survived. Sparky back with you next season?

Anyway, to important matters. Partick managed to avoid finishing bottom of the SPL (Scottish Premier League) and as the second bottom team the Maryhill Magyars will now play the winners of the Championship play-offs, who are Livingstone. They play two legs, Thursday and Sunday for the right to play St Mirren next season. Right! where'd I put the factor 30?

Comment

• Lat-Literal
                              • Aug 2015

Extraordinary last day. Can't remember when almost every match had an associated story. Lots of goals. Charitable fans, respectful of opposition achievements, the antidote to the hard nosed business side of things. Tranmere back - all they want for Xmas is a Dukla Prague away kit. And farewell to the legendary Motty - addicted to football broadcasting for 50 years.

Football commentator John Motson retires after 40 years with the BBC. BBC News with Huw Edwards from 6 September 2017.

Some Call It Godcorehttp://www.chrisrand.com/hmhb/some-call-it-godcore/friday-night-and-the-gates-are-low/

Final position in fantasy football - 519,720 of 5,910,135.

Not brilliant but ok - in the last few weeks, climbed from 7th to 5th in the mini league and then to 4th today to claim a "Champions League" place.
                              Last edited by Lat-Literal; 14-05-18, 00:44.

Comment

• BBMmk2
                                Late Member
                                • Nov 2010

Thanks for the round up Sainty!

MrsBBM is thoroughly pleased that Liverpool beat Seagulls so thoroughly!!! Not happy but at least we are still up, which is the main thing. I do hope we get some major signings to strengthen the squad!
                                Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

Working...
                                X