• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • teamsaint
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Pulcinella View Post
    Good result for Wolves just now.
    Lots of disgruntled fans on both sides though, I imagine, at the rescheduling to fit Sky's schedule.
    Not as if fans aren’t used to it, sadly.
    great result, and the Wolves manager is doing well after being abandoned by an ungrateful Bompey board.
    Mind you, even the Saints took 6 points off Chelsea last season…….
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• teamsaint
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Alison View Post
      Leicester 3 Rotherham 0.

Another case of the Foxes coming out fighting in the second half after a halting and stuttering first.

And so onto Portman Road.
      As LCFC seem invincible, the chasers are probably hoping for an away win. Should be a quality game .
      I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

Comment

• cloughie
        • Dec 2011

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post

As LCFC seem invincible, the chasers are probably hoping for an away win. Should be a quality game .
        Take heart ts - the Owls took 2 of their precious points haul from Leeds and Leicester.

Happy Christmas and a good 2024 to all forum teams except when playing us - we need more points than most!

Comment

• LMcD
          • Sep 2017

Originally posted by cloughie View Post

Take heart ts - the Owls took 2 of their precious points haul from Leeds and Leicester.

Happy Christmas and a good 2024 to all forum teams except when playing us

A sentiment I'm happy to echo. Things could have turned out worse for the Tractor Boys in the last few matches.

Comment

• teamsaint
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by LMcD View Post
            [/B]

A sentiment I'm happy to echo. Things could have turned out worse for the Tractor Boys in the last few matches.
            Good old Vesty saved the TBs tonight. Leicester would probably have taken a point, but will be very disappointed to lose 2 points so late on. But Alison’s team are nicely set .
            Saints finished a team off good and proper for the second home game in a row. We are fortunate to have some Pl quality on our bench.
            Plymouth next up followed by Norwich 3 days later. Busy time…..

Comment

• cloughie
              • Dec 2011

Originally posted by LMcD View Post
              [/B]

cf Coventry 2 Owls 0 and wins for Rotherham, Huddersfield and Stoke better results in 2024 are to be welcomed!

Comment

• antongould
                • Nov 2010

1-3s all round ……. Doom and gloom doesn’t cover it ……

Comment

• eighthobstruction
                  • Nov 2010

....many a team limping into 2024....some even dragging themselves into 2024....January Window next thing.....then Flies Undone February....then, Dragged Through a Hedge March.....then, Wondering Why They Bother April....and then Put It Down to Experience May and Scratchin Me Ass June.....
                  bong ching

Comment

• DracoM
                    Host
                    • Mar 2007

Well.............if anyone's daring to play in north of UK today, good luck - hope you find the lost ball - because it'll fly for miles on the very first kick!

Comment

• antongould
                      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by eighthobstruction View Post
                      ....many a team limping into 2024....some even dragging themselves into 2024....January Window next thing.....then Flies Undone February....then, Dragged Through a Hedge March.....then, Wondering Why They Bother April....and then Put It Down to Experience May and Scratchin Me Ass June.....
                      Wonderful 8o says it all ….

Comment

• johncorrigan
                        • Nov 2010

Two goals in the last seven games following last night's single goal reversal in Paisley means 4 points out of 21. Clinging on to fifth but others have games in hand on us. Very poor end to the year - don't know where the goals are going to come from.

Comment

• cloughie
                          • Dec 2011

North End 0 Owls 1

A grafted win to end the year with 3 points.

Comment

• teamsaint
                            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
                            Two goals in the last seven games following last night's single goal reversal in Paisley means 4 points out of 21. Clinging on to fifth but others have games in hand on us. Very poor end to the year - don't know where the goals are going to come from.
                            That is why god gave us the transfer window. I assume that the window in Scotland is a very complicated affair, with a number of sub- windows, and bidding playoffs ……..
                            Meanwhile back in the English Championship, Saints came out deservedly on top against a hard working Plymouth side, who will feel hard done by for the disallowed goal.But overall we were worthy winners with plenty of very good attacking football, despite a late heart flutter after conceding a daft injury time goal.
                            The Foxes seem disinclined to fall apart, but the race for second is looking competitive heading into next year.

Comment

• teamsaint
                              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
                              North End 0 Owls 1

A grafted win to end the year with 3 points.
                              Continuing signs of hope. As you will know, The Owls visit SMS two weeks Saturday, and my ticket is safely in my wallet !!

Comment

• cloughie
                                • Dec 2011

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post

Continuing signs of hope. As you will know, The Owls visit SMS two weeks Saturday, and my ticket is safely in my wallet !!
                                You could be facing an interesting Owls line-up - currently injuries and suspensions seem rife!

Comment

Working...
                                X