X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • teamsaint
    • Nov 2010

All but over. Everybody has given up.
    Knives are being sharpened for the temporary manager, and there is no obvious reason why he should stay with good managers with proven track records available.
    Creating an effective unit out of the current chaotic group after JWP, KWP and Lavia ( and others) leave won’t be easy.
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• antongould
      • Nov 2010

Villa 3 Toon 0
      Newport 2 Hangers 0

Falling down ……

Comment

• Alison
        • Nov 2010

Man C 3 Leicester C 1

Foxes avoided a walloping and started to launch a few attacks towards the end. Some huge matches coming up and optimism just a shade higher.

Comment

• johncorrigan
          • Nov 2010

After pulling back level a couple of times yesterday, the Buddies succumbed to three late goals at Ibrox yesterday . Still fifth with one game left before the split. Livingstone and Hibs with the Buddies competing for two spaces in the top-six after the break and the delights of having to play Rangers and Celtic again. We need a result against Killie next week. Not a great weekend for the forum teams except for wee Roy's Eagles of course...what are they putting in his weetabix?

Comment

• LeMartinPecheur
            • Apr 2007

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
            Not a great weekend for the forum teams except for wee Roy's Eagles of course...what are they putting in his weetabix?
            Weetabix or Complan?
            I keep hitting the Escape key, but I'm still here!

Comment

• Pulcinella
              Host
              • Feb 2014

Are matches scheduled for Coronation Day likely to be going ahead, does anyone know?

Saturday 6 May 2023

15:00
              Bournemouth v Chelsea
              Spurs v Crystal Palace
              Wolves v Aston Villa

17:30
              Liverpool v Brentford

Comment

• gurnemanz
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
                All but over. Everybody has given up.
                Pessimism understandable, TS, but stats and MotD highlights show there was still some fight left, especially in the first half when Palace had no shot on target. Good scoring opportunities squandered, eg Walcott.

Possession: Saints 58% - Palace 42%
                Shots: Saints 11 - Palace 10
                Shots on Target: Saints 4 - Palace 2
                Corners: Saints 6 - Palace 2

Comment

• teamsaint
                  • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Pulcinella View Post
                  Are matches scheduled for Coronation Day likely to be going ahead, does anyone know?

Saturday 6 May 2023

15:00
                  Bournemouth v Chelsea
                  Spurs v Crystal Palace
                  Wolves v Aston Villa

17:30
                  Liverpool v Brentford
                  I wondered that.
                  AFGAIK all going ahead.

Flights out of the country are very expensive that weekend.
                  Apparently !!
                  I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• eighthobstruction
                    • Nov 2010

....afraid Nobby Stiles is no longer available to play the Claude Makelele role for the Kings Eleven; or Martin Peters playing the Kevin de Bruyne role (Charles111 probably doesn't know anyone called Kevin)....Surely an All Star Eleven game should have been arranged to play an aka [formerly known as] Duke of Devon and Cornwall team....Crowded fixture lists make this impossible....Googling -Charles 111 biscuits - brings a vast array of biscuits whereas Charles 111 Pies brings nothing remarkable, not a Pukk[a]....most of us can't/won't make the trip to line the streets of London. We will just have to take to our local Tapas bars , munch on some Jambon Serrano and ignore the pagentry ....if it ain't got a football what's the point....

....Ed: for those of you feeling 'up to it', please place a "bloody" between the last 2 words....
                    bong ching

Comment

• johncorrigan
                      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by eighthobstruction View Post
                      Surely an All Star Eleven game should have been arranged to play an aka [formerly known as] Duke of Devon and Cornwall team....Crowded fixture lists make this impossible....
                      Surely time they resurrected 'Jeux Sans Frontieres' for the occasion 8thob! On a different bloody subject, I enjoyed the letter in the Guardian at the weekend where someone said that they had decided to re-open their swimming pool on May 6th, and to celebrate were inviting friends to their chlorination party.

Comment

• antongould
                        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by eighthobstruction View Post
                        ....afraid Nobby Stiles is no longer available to play the Claude Makelele role for the Kings Eleven; or Martin Peters playing the Kevin de Bruyne role (Charles111 probably doesn't know anyone called Kevin)....Surely an All Star Eleven game should have been arranged to play an aka [formerly known as] Duke of Devon and Cornwall team....Crowded fixture lists make this impossible....Googling -Charles 111 biscuits - brings a vast array of biscuits whereas Charles 111 Pies brings nothing remarkable, not a Pukk[a]....most of us can't/won't make the trip to line the streets of London. We will just have to take to our local Tapas bars , munch on some Jambon Serrano and ignore the pagentry ....if it ain't got a football what's the point....

....Ed: for those of you feeling 'up to it', please place a "bloody" between the last 2 words....
                        Excellent indeed 8o

Comment

• eighthobstruction
                          • Nov 2010

....The Gas - in the top 5....https://www.planetsport.com/soccer/n...overs-brighton

....only one from up't north {home of the pie}
                          bong ching

Comment

• Pulcinella
                            Host
                            • Feb 2014

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
                            Surely time they resurrected 'Jeux Sans Frontieres' for the occasion 8thob! On a different bloody subject, I enjoyed the letter in the Guardian at the weekend where someone said that they had decided to re-open their swimming pool on May 6th, and to celebrate were inviting friends to their chlorination party.
                            You might not have seen this, which I posted elsewhere last September:

Overheard by my partner on a train today:

I'm looking forward to the bank holiday on Monday.
                            I suppose there'll be another one next year for the king's cremation.

Comment

• eighthobstruction
                              • Nov 2010

....excuse my grammar and clarity but,....only royalty would consider a quiche with Broad Beans....Yoi get down with the prol's Chaz....One would expect a little salmon (Norweigan of course) or better still a tiny bity of kipper....Still my pie theme has obviously hit home....Yoi....
                              bong ching

Comment

• antongould
                                • Nov 2010

Coronation Street 2 Hangers 0

Saturday was gloom ….. last night begins to look like doom …….

Comment

Working...
                                X