• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • antongould
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Brassbandmaestro View Post
    Wha hae The Toon!

Many Happies this Christmas ER, and thank you for your sterling work this year!
    Couldn't put it better bbm

Comment

• cloughie
      • Dec 2011

Originally posted by antongould View Post
      Couldn't put it better bbm
      Nor me - an excellent edge, but I hope for some better results in 2018.

Comment

• johncorrigan
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
        Nor me - an excellent edge, but I hope for some better results in 2018.
        Thanks so much for all the results so far this season, Rob...you're doing a grand job for the Buddies. Brilliant comeback yesterday from two down. Big one on Friday v the Arabs. Hoping to get down to the Paisley's 2021 Stadium for that one. Awrabest to most of the Board teams for lots of three points in the months ahead.

Comment

• cloughie
          • Dec 2011

Carlos has equalled Derek Dooley in being sacked on Christmas Eve. Obviously a worse time for Owls managers than the proverbial Ides of March. I think he has done a great job in reviving the club, but this season has not fired up and lacked a Plan B. Who next, who knows bu I hope someone is lined up for a quick change to use the January window well. Maybe someone innovative who will think outside the box and also use some of the talented under 23 players and maybe bring back Hirst Jr to the matchday squad.

Comment

• antongould
            • Nov 2010

Carlos has equalled Derek Dooley in being sacked on Christmas Eve. Obviously a worse time for Owls managers than the proverbial Ides of March. I think he has done a great job in reviving the club, but this season has not fired up and lacked a Plan B. Who next, who knows bu I hope someone is lined up for a quick change to use the January window well. Maybe someone innovative who will think outside the box and also use some of the talented under 23 players and maybe bring back Hirst Jr to the matchday squad.
            Good luck with that cloughers

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
              • Nov 2010

You're all very kind,Merry Christmas to Forum round ball game readers.

Festive round ups may or may not be a bit late,just expect them when you see them,lots of comings and goings here over the next week or so.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                • Nov 2010

The Boro manager was sacked too,because of the team's playing style.

Comment

• teamsaint
                  • Nov 2010

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
                  The Boro manager was sacked too,because of the team's playing style.
                  Ours should be too, in that case.

Thanks so much for the roundups over the year, ER, they cheer up even a bad results day, of which I have had too many this season.
                  Happy Xmas to all you Roundballers, hope Santa brings you a new team scarf and three points.
                  I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• antongould
                    • Nov 2010

We are, it would seem, up for sale and losing £100k a week ...... something for ER to do with his lump sum .... ???

Comment

• Alison
                      • Nov 2010

Happy Christmas one and all.

On a high after that equaliser last night v Utd.

Claude going down very well at the King Power it seems.

Always quite liked Monky, reckon he could end up at Wednesday. Or could Dave Jones make a comeback ??!!

Difficult to remember a match resulting in the sacking of both managers.

Comment

• cloughie
                        • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Alison View Post
                        Happy Christmas one and all.

On a high after that equaliser last night v Utd.

Claude going down very well at the King Power it seems.

Always quite liked Monky, reckon he could end up at Wednesday. Or could Dave Jones make a comeback ??!!

Difficult to remember a match resulting in the sacking of both managers.
                        Even moreso that the winner went first, Alison. No idea who they'll go for but definitely not Jones! Need someone good in time to benefit from the January window.

Comment

• eighthobstruction
                          • Nov 2010

....I very much extend the jolly ol'glad tidings....to all , but esp ER

....Rovers back in that loosing grove that beats like the dull trudge of soldiers towards jankers....

...[Man v L].saw both those goals coming....it was almost like the drone strings that start to play at the scarey part of a thriller....inevitable....and deserved

....take my hat off to Roy who I so nastily mocked 6-7 weeks ago

....and Gary Monk what are you doing....have a bit of a rest and take stock for goodness sake....
                          bong ching

Comment

• antongould
                            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by eighthobstruction View Post

....take my hat off to Roy who I so nastily mocked 6-7 weeks ago
                            Scholar, gentleman .... where does it end 8th .....

Comment

• BBMmk2
                              Late Member
                              • Nov 2010

AG, is it that bad that no-one wants to buy The Toon?
                              Don’t cry for me
                              I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• antongould
                                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Brassbandmaestro View Post
                                AG, is it that bad that no-one wants to buy The Toon?
                                Is the lady with the big handbag not going to buy the Toon in the January sales bbm ... ??? I was actually rambling on about the Monkey Hangers .... it quite slipped my mind that all my teams or up for sale .......

Comment

Working...
                                X