• Dec 2010

Originally posted by antongould View Post
    They did very well ……
    .... and again!!

4:0!!

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
      • Dec 2010

Were the female of our species ever to take precedence over the male in this sport, I might consider taking up interest in it again!

Comment

• french frank
        Administrator/Moderator
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
        Were the female of our species ever to take precedence over the male in this sport, I might consider taking up interest in it again!

I assume that the interest of most fans here of the "Round Ball Game" is centred on the doings of the league clubs. I'm not likely to develop a new-found interest in the game but I have watched some of the clips of the "All Angles" goals and was impressed by the sheer athleticism of the players.
        It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• antongould
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by french frank View Post

I assume that the interest of most fans here of the "Round Ball Game" is centred on the doings of the league clubs. I'm not likely to develop a new-found interest in the game but I have watched some of the clips of the "All Angles" goals and was impressed by the sheer athleticism of the players.
          They are doing wonderfully well …… but as ever we will lose to Germany on penalties ……..

Comment

• cloughie
            • Dec 2011

The clean sheet for 46 matches will be grubbed or brightened at the weekend as our favourites set out to delight or frustrate us in whatever unequal measure before next May. May we long-suffering supporters on the forum have the best of fortunes!

Comment

• EnemyoftheStoat
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
              The clean sheet for 46 matches will be grubbed or brightened at the weekend as our favourites set out to delight or frustrate us in whatever unequal measure before next May. May we long-suffering supporters on the forum have the best of fortunes!
              I sympathise with the sentiment, but some of those 46 will have to wait until the following weekend, no?

Comment

• cloughie
                • Dec 2011

Originally posted by EnemyoftheStoat View Post
                I sympathise with the sentiment, but some of those 46 will have to wait until the following weekend, no?
                All EFL this weekend - National leagues the following weekend but if you were thinking Prem they are 38!

Comment

• johncorrigan
                  • Nov 2010

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
                  Buddies kick off the campaign tomorrow at Motherwell, who binned their manager after getting knocked out some Europa Conference thing by Sligo Rovers. Interestingly, I had thought that our boss might be the first for the 'jacket on and up the road' treatment after an abysmal pre-season league cup getting thumped by lower league teams. We seem to be the bookies' favourite for the drop already, but I'm whistling a happy song, of course. Ask me tomorrw at quarter to five . Best of luck to all the forum teams setting out for the new season. In truth, I'm just hoping for mid-table mediocrity this season.

Comment

• antongould
                    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
                    Buddies kick off the campaign tomorrow at Motherwell, who binned their manager after getting knocked out some Europa Conference thing by Sligo Rovers. Interestingly, I had thought that our boss might be the first for the 'jacket on and up the road' treatment after an abysmal pre-season league cup getting thumped by lower league teams. We seem to be the bookies' favourite for the drop already, but I'm whistling a happy song, of course. Ask me tomorrw at quarter to five . Best of luck to all the forum teams setting out for the new season. In truth, I'm just hoping for mid-table mediocrity this season.

Whistling a happy tune and looking forward to the National League …

Comment

• antongould
                      • Nov 2010

Whistling a happy tune and looking forward to the National League …
                      The Saddlers 4 Hangers 0

Lynsey De Paul country already

Comment

• cloughie
                        • Dec 2011

The Saddlers 4 Hangers 0

Lynsey De Paul country already
                        Not the best start to the season, anton.

Owls 3 Pompey 3 - should have won this one but at least had a bit of a goalfest but a late dismissal - this league clearly will be a hard slog again!

Comment

• teamsaint
                          • Nov 2010

A tough reintroduction for Stockport, but seems they showed some character to get back into the game.
                          Sounded like a belter at Hillsbrough.
                          I see that pet forum team Fort William have dropped a tier for this campaign.
                          Good luck to the Paisley Saints tomorrow.
                          Can’t say I am terribly optimistic for my lot this time round as we have gambled on expensive youngsters, but who knows ?
                          I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• Dave2002
                            • Dec 2010

Very well done this evening.
                            2:1

Very large attendance.

Comment

• teamsaint
                              • Nov 2010

Check out the winning goal, S-A.

fantastic effort from England, deserved champions, and played with real style.
                              I had to listen to most of it on the radio, but got home in time to see the winner. Which was nice !!
                              I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• johncorrigan
                                • Nov 2010

Nul points for the Buddies - couldn't get past Motherwell's keeper apparently, even when down to 10 men. Ochone! Ochone!

Comment

Working...
                                X