X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cloughie
    • Dec 2011

Originally posted by jayne lee wilson View Post
    We already have 4 senior first team players in isolation, and several other illness/injury absences, and here we are facing three games in six days. Foxes have similar problems so God Only Knows who will take the field tomorrow....
    It is no absolute no solution to the current surge in numbers due to Omicron but it has been reported that there may be up to 25% of professional footballers who have not been vaccinated. Bearing in mind the contact element of the game why is vaccination not compulsory for all players? Is this suggestion too sensible - should the owners of clubs who pay vast sums of money to these players not feel they can demand that they are vaccinated?

Comment

• DracoM
      Host
      • Mar 2007

Comment

• jayne lee wilson
        Banned
        • Jul 2011

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
        It is no absolute no solution to the current surge in numbers due to Omicron but it has been reported that there may be up to 25% of professional footballers who have not been vaccinated. Bearing in mind the contact element of the game why is vaccination not compulsory for all players? Is this suggestion too sensible - should the owners of clubs who pay vast sums of money to these players not feel they can demand that they are vaccinated?
        Absolutely. Klopp-in-whom-we-trust has often and publicly insisted on this....

Comment

• johncorrigan
          • Nov 2010

Backs to the wall point against Celtic tonight in Paisley in a goal-free extravaganza. I would have taken that at the beginning of the night. Now I hope we can do the same to the other half of the Firm at the weekend in the last game before the winter break which has been brought forward...ninth.

Comment

• jayne lee wilson
            Banned
            • Jul 2011

YES YES YES! So many reserves and replacements, 0-2 to Foxes after 13 minutes, 1-3 down at halftime, then 4 subs, Minamino 3-3 equaliser in the 95th.....YES, AGAIN...

Won on penalties in sudden death after 4-4...(Minamino skied the 5th when he could have won it...what a game he had.....Kelleher saved twice....!

The Anfield roar in stereo on Radio Merseyside....!
            Last edited by jayne lee wilson; 23-12-21, 03:02.

Comment

• Edgy 2
              • Jan 2019

Great point that jc

Wouldn't have had Liverpool down for the semis at half time blimey
              “Music is the best means we have of digesting time." — Igor Stravinsky

Comment

• cloughie
                • Dec 2011

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
                Backs to the wall point against Celtic tonight in Paisley in a goal-free extravaganza. I would have taken that at the beginning of the night. Now I hope we can do the same to the other half of the Firm at the weekend in the last game before the winter break which has been brought forward...ninth.
                jc

Comment

• teamsaint
                  • Nov 2010

Blimey, a boxing Day win for Saints. Unbelievable Jeff.

Managed to not get postponed despite three players testing positive in our 100% vaxxed squad.

Hmmmm

Happy xmas, soccer fans, hope you picked up useful points.
                  AFC Totton v Lymington for me tomorrow, most likely.
                  I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• cloughie
                    • Dec 2011

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
                    Blimey, a boxing Day win for Saints. Unbelievable Jeff.

Managed to not get postponed despite three players testing positive in our 100% vaxxed squad.

Hmmmm

Happy xmas, soccer fans, hope you picked up useful points.
                    AFC Totton v Lymington for me tomorrow, most likely.
                    Thought that result might attract you back to the Round Ball site!
                    Best wishes and a good 2022 to you, ts!

Comment

• teamsaint
                      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
                      Thought that result might attract you back to the Round Ball site!
                      Best wishes and a good 2022 to you, ts!
                      Cheers Cloughie. Obviously I was mainly here to ask about Nicola LeFanu, but couldn’t let the footy pass without mention.

Not much joy or indeed action elsewhere for the forum teams today but Stockport will be enjoying the glow from a thumping good Cheshire derby win.

Best wishes to you and everybody else for 2022 also. Better times may be round the corner.
                      I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• Edgy 2
                        • Jan 2019

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
                        Cheers Cloughie. Obviously I was mainly here to ask about Nicola LeFanu, but couldn’t let the footy pass without mention.

Not much joy or indeed action elsewhere for the forum teams today but Stockport will be enjoying the glow from a thumping good Cheshire derby win.

Best wishes to you and everybody else for 2022 also. Better times may be round the corner.
                        Stockport County 5 Altrincham 1 Eazy peazy lemon squeezy

Hope all forumistas have had a good christmas
                        Best wishes for 2022 to fellow forum footy fans ts, jc, Alison, jlw, cloughie, anton and indeed everyone on here
                        “Music is the best means we have of digesting time." — Igor Stravinsky

Comment

• cloughie
                          • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Edgy 2 View Post

Best wishes for 2022 to fellow forum footy fans ts, jc, Alison, jlw, cloughie, anton and indeed everyone on here
                          edge, Tempting fate I know but I think there is a parallel potential for County and the Owls in the 2nd half of the season - the gap between where we are now and the top is not beyond a good run - there is a potential too to blow it - but let’s be positive! Let’s all be positive (except in flow tests!)

Comment

• johncorrigan
                            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Edgy 2 View Post

Great result, Rob. Delighted to see it. Had my hopes dashed for the Hangers when they went two up... next I looked it was nul points for anton. Great result for the Southern Saints v the bubble blowers. Buddies got a 2-0 beating from the Gers - at least it wasn't a humping - anything from a game against that lot is a bonus, especially at Ibrox where they have the refs on retainers. The teams around us mostly got beat too...still ninth. The footie players are off to the beach now up here in Scotland for the next few weeks to distract the OMGicron. Wishing all the forum teams a good and healthy run into 2022.

Comment

• antongould
                              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
                              Great result, Rob. Delighted to see it. Had my hopes dashed for the Hangers when they went two up... next I looked it was nul points for anton. Great result for the Southern Saints v the bubble blowers. Buddies got a 2-0 beating from the Gers - at least it wasn't a humping - anything from a game against that lot is a bonus, especially at Ibrox where they have the refs on retainers. The teams around us mostly got beat too...still ninth. The footie players are off to the beach now up here in Scotland for the next few weeks to distract the OMGicron. Wishing all the forum teams a good and healthy run into 2022.
                              Indeed jc and we looked to have equalised at the death … but not to be … good result Rob

May 2022 bring glory to us all ……

Comment

• antongould
                                • Nov 2010

Toon 1 Manchester United 1

Suddenly Joe Linton is a world class midfielder ……..

Comment

Working...
                                X