Clear All
  • teamsaint
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
    Sunday scoreboard

Hearts 1 Partick Thistle 1 Late equaliser,remain 2nd bottom

East Stirlingshire 2 Edusport Academy 1 No details available
    Thanks for the round ups ER.
    Natives very restless down here, rumours of MP getting the sack this week......
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• Lat-Literal
      • Aug 2015

Is it true that before Arsenal defeated Spurs, the Sky people put just one Arsenal player in their combined Arsenal and Spurs XI? If so, immediately quadruple the BBC salaries of Jason, Martin and Garth. The Ozil and Sanchez Show, as hailed by the press. It's amazing what a desire for a move can do for motivation but alas it was just a bit more fake news. The stage belonged to Mustafi. Congratulations to York City for the 1-1 draw. The next few fixtures are kind which is probably just as well for those wishing to see no slippage from the SIX play-off places in the Vanamara Juniors. Let's just hope that the splendid new stadium in the shopping mall halfway to Malton is being pumped with the region's last remaining life blood. Well done too to England for being the Home Countries World Cup nation. The next question is who might replace Southgate when it all comes crashing. Now that Howe has been proven to be the new Hoddle, this jury says cryptically that Dyche, who is pretty great at Burnley, is far too good for Everton. The most interesting aspect of the football weekend was to note the names in the Scottish Cup and to dig out an atlas. My knowledge of British geography - it's totally brilliant - has always been propelled by our football teams and political constituencies.
      Last edited by Lat-Literal; 19-11-17, 22:43.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
        • Nov 2010

Latest

Champions League

Sevilla 3 Liverpool 3 Let a 3-0 half time lead slip,remain group leaders
        unmentionables 1 Feyenoord 0 Late winner,won the group
        Borussia Dortmund 1 Tottenham 2 Came back from a goal down at the break,group winners
        Basel 1 Manchester United 0 Conceded on 89 mins,need a point to win the group
        Qarabag 0 Chelsea 4 Easy win v 10 men,qualified for the knockout stage

League

Brighton 2 Stoke City 2 Went behind twice,unbeaten in 5 league games
        Ipswich Town 2 Sheffield Wednesday 2 2nd equaliser on 95 mins,unbeaten in 5 league games
        Wolves 4 Leeds United 1 Scored twice in each half,4 points clear at the top
        Oldham Athletic 0 Wimbledon 0 Hard fought point
        Crawley Town 3 Exeter City 1 Took the lead,2nd league defeat in 4 days
        Stevenage 1 Coventry City 1 Led at half time,6th
        Hartlepool United 4 Halifax Town 0 Were 3-0 up after half an hour
        Macclesfield Town 2 Tranmere Rovers 2 Went behind twice,secured the point on 90 mins
        Wrexham 1 Solihull Moors 0 1st half goal,3rd straight league win,top
        Braintree Town 1 Truro City 1 Led at half time,unbeaten in 4 league games,3rd
        Havant & Waterlooville 1 Chelmsford City 1 Behind at the break,equalised on 90 mins,5th
        Inverness Caledonian Thistle v Brechin City was postponed

Comment

• BBMmk2
          Late Member
          • Nov 2010

Come on Seagulls!!!!
          Don’t cry for me
          I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
            • Nov 2010

Europa League

Cologne 1 Arsenal 0 Won the group despite this defeat

Bit of advance warning,I'm off to Poland for a couple of days this coming Sunday (Krakow/Auschwitz).
            If you are looking in ts I will do this Saturday's games,could you possibly pick up the slack please ?(Sunday to Wednesday),back to normal from Thursday

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
              • Nov 2010

Football Pink

West Ham United 1 Leicester City 1 Took an early lead,pegged back by half time
              Crystal Palace 2 Stoke City 1 Went behind,won it on 92 mins
              Manchester United 1 Brighton 0 Forum derby,own goal on 66 mins win it
              Newcastle United 0 Watford 3 4th straight league defeat
              Swansea City 0 Bournemouth 0 10 points from last 5 league games
              Tottenham 1 West Brom 1 Went behind early on,late equaliser
              Liverpool 1 Chelsea 1 Forum derby,Reds Took the lead,Blues late equaliser
              Reading 0 Sheffield Wednesday 0 Unbeaten in 6 league games
              Wolves 5 Bolton Wanderers 1 Easy peasy,7 points clear at the top
              Wimbledon 1 Walsall 2 Went 0-2 down after half an hour,1st defeat in 4 league games
              Blackburn Rovers 2 Bristol Rovers 1 Took the lead then conceded 2 in 6 mins
              Coventry City 1 Crawley Town 1 Behind at the break,equalised with 15 mins left
              Exeter City 2 Accrington Stanley 0 Scored near the end of each half
              Aldershot Town 2 Wrexham 0 Both goals in the 1st 33 mins,down to 2nd
              Ebbsfleet United 3 Hartlepool United 0 Well beaten,mid table
              Maidenhead United 1 Macclesfield Town 1 Took the lead,conceded on 88 mins
              Inverness Caledonian Thistle 0 St Mirren 2 Forum derby,a pen and a last min 2nd,Saints 2nd, Caley 8th
              Raith Rovers 2 Queen's Park 0 Conceded twice in 3 mins,4th straight league defeat
              Edinburgh City 0 Cowdenbeath 0 2 points from last 8 league games
              Fort William v Cove Rangers was postponed
              Civil Service Strollers 1 East Stirlingshire 3 No match details,3rd straight league win
              Gretna 1 Selkirk 3 No match details,remain in 4th

FA Trophy

Lewes 1 Truro City 3 3-0 up by the 38th min
              Oxford City 1 Hereford 2 Came back from a goal down
              Stockport County 2 Southport 2 Took the lead,needed an 86th min 2nd to earn a replay
              Wealdstone 1 Chelmsford City 1 80th min equaliser earned the replay
              York City 3 Coalville Town 1 Scored 2 2nd half pens

Southampton,Arsenal,unmentionables and Aberdeen play in Sunday
              No game for Partick Thistle and St Johnstone

Comment

• johncorrigan
                • Nov 2010

3 points for the Buddies tonight against the dangerous Livingstone. Saints came back from one down at half-time to score three in the second half and move two points clear of the Arabs at the top of the table.
                Good win for Inverness Caley Thistle too who, after their defeat to the Buddies on Saturday (), stuffed Brechin City 4-0 tonight moving them up to fourth from bottom. The fairly new manager's doing a good job.

Comment

• BBMmk2
                  Late Member
                  • Nov 2010

Not a bad score there, although we lost!
                  Don’t cry for me
                  I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• Lat-Literal
                    • Aug 2015

Introducing the new rule of football:

Matches shall last 90 minutes plus stoppage time except where and when Manchester City are playing.

Then they shall last for as long as it takes Manchester City to win the match.

Any concerns about this rule should be forwarded to Mr Josep "Pep" Guardiola Sala who will consider them carefully.

Allow 28 days as he will be selling Aguero and then not selling Aguero; insisting that there is no way on earth that Aguero can play alongside Jesus when Mendy is absent and then immediately in his selection policy doing precisely what he has said is impossible; ensuring that Sterling is too knackered ever to play for England and Foden is not in a fit position to do so given no Premier League experience; counting up how much money his club has to spend their way to victory whatever the change of rule and all of the other important things that contribute to his genius. Naturally, the latter shall be unchallenged in the mass media along with the fantasy that competition virtually without limits is any sort of competition at all.

Comment

• teamsaint
                      • Nov 2010

got to feel really sorry for Saints fans who took a day off work, and did the 400 mile round trip, to see the ref give city just enough time to finally get their goal. video replays and timed games really can't come quickly enough .

Still, the Saints manager has done enough over two games to get the fans back onside, and things look a lot brighter all of a sudden.
                      I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

Comment

• Lat-Literal
                        • Aug 2015

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
                        got to feel really sorry for Saints fans who took a day off work, and did the 400 mile round trip, to see the ref give city just enough time to finally get their goal. video replays and timed games really can't come quickly enough .

Still, the Saints manager has done enough over two games to get the fans back onside, and things look a lot brighter all of a sudden.
                        Quite.

Still, it isn't as if they haven't always had quality supporters:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

• cloughie
                          • Dec 2011

I see Rooney was keen to put on a good show for Big Sam!

Comment

• teamsaint
                            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
                            I see Rooney was keen to put on a good show for Big Sam!
                            Quite what he was doing on the bench at our place is hard to fathom. Saving him for the more winnable game against WHU, I suppose.....

Comment

• cloughie
                              • Dec 2011

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
                              Quite what he was doing on the bench at our place is hard to fathom. Saving him for the more winnable game against WHU, I suppose.....
                              I think he will be very much in Sam's revival plans at Goodison.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                                • Nov 2010

Catch up

Sunday

Southampton 4 Everton 1
                                Burnley 0 Arsenal 1
                                Huddersfield Town 1 unmentionables 2
                                Kilmarnock 1 Aberdeen 3

Midweek

Brighton 0 Crystal Palace 0 Not just a Forum derby
                                Leicester City 2 Tottenham 1 Forum derby,Spurs bottling it
                                Watford 2 Manchester United 4
                                West Brom 2 Newcastle United 2
                                Inverness Caledonian Thistle 4 Brechin City 0
                                St Mirren 3 Livingston 1
                                Arsenal 5 Huddersfield Town 0
                                Bournemouth 1 Burnley 2
                                Chelsea 1 Swansea City 0
                                unmentionables 2 Southampton 1 Forum derby,Pep time is the new Fergie time
                                Stoke City 0 Liverpool 3
                                Rangers 3 Aberdeen 0

FA Trophy replays

Chelmsford City 1 Wealdstone 2
                                Southport 0 Stockport County 3

Football League Trophy

Exeter City 1 Chelsea U21s 3
                                Barnet 2 Tottenham U21s 1
                                Chesterfield 2 unmentionables U21s 2 Lost on pens

Comment

Working...
                                X