X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jayne lee wilson
    Banned
    • Jul 2011

Two teams into another ET...one down to 10.......odds stacked (unfairly) against I know, but I'd love to see the Swiss steal this one. OK then - play for penalties if they think they can hold out......

Shame Shaq went off... but I think Petkovic in adversity knows his stuff here....

Comment

• jayne lee wilson
      Banned
      • Jul 2011

Such pressure, such heroism.... incredible to see.....

Comment

• LHC
        • Jan 2011

Switzerland have been incredible; they just refuse to give up. Wonderful to see.
        "I do not approve of anything that tampers with natural ignorance. Ignorance is like a delicate exotic fruit; touch it and the bloom is gone. The whole theory of modern education is radically unsound. Fortunately in England, at any rate, education produces no effect whatsoever. If it did, it would prove a serious danger to the upper classes, and probably lead to acts of violence in Grosvenor Square."
        Lady Bracknell The importance of Being Earnest

Comment

• jayne lee wilson
          Banned
          • Jul 2011

You never have seen everything in football, have you? Remarkable 30 minutes.....

All we can do now is bear witness.... (apart from suffering with hope....)....

Pretty much unbearable...wasn't it? Oh, what a shame.... but the memory of the Swiss heroism lives on.....

Need a fresh-air break now! Back for the Munich blue riband shortly....
          Last edited by jayne lee wilson; 02-07-21, 19:44.

Comment

• LHC
            • Jan 2011

So penalties it is then.

And, technically, a Spaniard has yet to score in this game.
            "I do not approve of anything that tampers with natural ignorance. Ignorance is like a delicate exotic fruit; touch it and the bloom is gone. The whole theory of modern education is radically unsound. Fortunately in England, at any rate, education produces no effect whatsoever. If it did, it would prove a serious danger to the upper classes, and probably lead to acts of violence in Grosvenor Square."
            Lady Bracknell The importance of Being Earnest

Comment

• teamsaint
              • Nov 2010

Penalty taking as bad tonight as it was good in the last Switzerland game.
              Fantastic drama throughout . I guess the game was made more dramatic by the sending off than it might otherwise have been.

Anyway, on to the battle of the giants. Lets hope it meets expectations, if it does it will be some game.

I think for those of us of a certain age, Italy always exude a certain magic.......and Italy teams have endless self belief.
              I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• jayne lee wilson
                Banned
                • Jul 2011

Firecracker end to the first half! Phew..... time to take a breath....

Comment

• teamsaint
                  • Nov 2010

Wonderful half. Soft pen I though, and Belgium lucky to be back in the game.

Fantastic strike for the second goal, but Toby a bit slow to close down I thought, which is not like him.
                  I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

Comment

• johncorrigan
                    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
                    Wonderful half. Soft pen I though, and Belgium lucky to be back in the game.

Fantastic strike for the second goal, but Toby a bit slow to close down I thought, which is not like him.
                    Footie of the highest order, but definitely a penalty in my book, sainty. The defender was well beaten and held him back then pushed him. Italy excellent...beat the other game hands down. Spain still hadn't learned their lesson but snuck through. Can't wait for the second half.

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
                      Host
                      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by jayne lee wilson View Post
                      Firecracker end to the first half! Phew..... time to take a breath....
                      Tremendous stuff
                      "...the isle is full of noises,
                      Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                      Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                      Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• Edgy 2
                        • Jan 2019

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
                        Footie of the highest order, but definitely a penalty in my book, sainty. The defender was well beaten and held him back then pushed him. Italy excellent...beat the other game hands down. Spain still hadn't learned their lesson but snuck through. Can't wait for the second half.
                        Yep, let's hope for more of the same in the 2nd half
                        “Music is the best means we have of digesting time." — Igor Stravinsky

Comment

• johncorrigan
                          • Nov 2010

Great game of football.

Comment

• teamsaint
                            • Nov 2010

A great game indeed, and Italy deserved winners I thought. Belgium never did enough to really earn a break, and thought they should have had a lot more injury time than was allowed , they didn't really look like getting the equaliser.
                            Italy have been the team of the tournament so far, but keeping it going over 7 games is never an easy trick to pull off.

Comment

• johncorrigan
                              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
                              A great game indeed, and Italy deserved winners I thought. Belgium never did enough to really earn a break, and thought they should have had a lot more injury time than was allowed , they didn't really look like getting the equaliser.
                              Italy have been the team of the tournament so far, but keeping it going over 7 games is never an easy trick to pull off.
                              I don't think De Bruyne ever recovered his fitness, saint. He didn't look at the races. Italy looked great, but as you say, will their players last the pace?

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
                                Host
                                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
                                Great game of football.
                                The comedy cameo of Immobile prostrate in the box, out-acting many an Oscar winner, then realising a goal had gone in, springing up and running over to celebrate, was a classic

Despite the occasional inevitable bit of tattica, Italy certainly deserved to win that match. Great entertainment.
                                "...the isle is full of noises,
                                Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                                Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                                Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Working...
                                X