• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bryn
    Banned
    • Mar 2007

Originally posted by jayne lee wilson View Post
    Frantic closing stages to Group B......changing by the minute......Copenhagen Parken pulsating, packed to the rafters....... really hope Denmark make it, but definitely one for double-screening tonight...

YEEEES!!! DID YOU SEE THAT! Wonderful, wonderful Christensen!
    4-1 do you?

Comment

• jayne lee wilson
      Banned
      • Jul 2011

You bet it will..... wonderful occasion, terrific atmosphere, great performance after all that happened to them... after two defeats, they did it for Christian!
      .... Who nows how far they can go now?

Comment

• Edgy 2
        • Jan 2019

Frantic closing stages to Group B......changing by the minute......Copenhagen Parken pulsating, packed to the rafters....... really hope Denmark make it, but definitely one for double-screening tonight...

YEEEES!!! DID YOU SEE THAT! Wonderful, wonderful Christensen!

4-1! Rampant now.....!
        Wow what a super evening of footy, Wales next for Denmark
        “Music is the best means we have of digesting time." — Igor Stravinsky

Comment

• jayne lee wilson
          Banned
          • Jul 2011

Originally posted by Edgy 2 View Post
          Now there's a night of passion! Wow....

Comment

• johncorrigan
            • Nov 2010

That's a game to look forward to, Rob.

Comment

• Ein Heldenleben
              • Apr 2014

Those forumites who have advocated playing Grealish of the start of the tournament should consider a career in football management. What a difference ....

Comment

• jayne lee wilson
                Banned
                • Jul 2011

Yes, Saka doing great as well...ah the joys of youth and creativity .....
                But I feel so confused about what I want from this game.....I know, I know, you should always want to see your team play their best and score and win, but..... I really would prefer to avoid those Group E runners-up....still it would be at Wembley at least.

Just said to a three-dog-owner on my earlier than usual evening walk, could be a thriller at Hampden..... so it goes, looks like it will be! Like Denmark last night, they know what they have to do. So keep the double screens (and calculators) going....

Third-placed finishes.... I get a headache trying to work it out.... ...
                Last edited by jayne lee wilson; 22-06-21, 21:03.

Comment

• jayne lee wilson
                  Banned
                  • Jul 2011

The Great Hendo on for Rice for the 2ndhalf.... and he does need the game-time after the long injury...

Comment

• Edgy 2
                    • Jan 2019

Poor 2nd half this from England yawn
                    “Music is the best means we have of digesting time." — Igor Stravinsky

Comment

• LHC
                      • Jan 2011

Poor 2nd half this from England yawn
                      It’s the Southgate way.

On the basis of how they have played so far, I assume that 90% of their training consists of practising passing back to Pickford from all parts of the pitch.
                      "I do not approve of anything that tampers with natural ignorance. Ignorance is like a delicate exotic fruit; touch it and the bloom is gone. The whole theory of modern education is radically unsound. Fortunately in England, at any rate, education produces no effect whatsoever. If it did, it would prove a serious danger to the upper classes, and probably lead to acts of violence in Grosvenor Square."
                      Lady Bracknell The importance of Being Earnest

Comment

• teamsaint
                        • Nov 2010

Winning in the early rounds without playing really well is often said to be the way to go.
                        Which we are doing in exemplary fashion.

We have good depth in the squad but need to shoehorn our very best players into a starting eleven to have any chance of going a long way.
                        We will miss Mount in the next round. Still, good to see Maguire back, he and Stones ought to make a decent pairing.
                        I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• jayne lee wilson
                          Banned
                          • Jul 2011

I love Cup Finals. Cup Finals are great. I'd just prefer not to have one in the Round of Sixteen...

Commiserations to Scotland, but Croatia were bound to wake up eventually - skilful, compact, tough, battle-hardened, they could surprise people yet again....depends how much they want it.
                          Last edited by jayne lee wilson; 22-06-21, 22:18.

Comment

• johncorrigan
                            • Nov 2010

I love Cup Finals. Cup Finals are great. I'd just prefer not to have one in the Round of Sixteen...

Commiserations to Scotland, but Croatia were bound to wake up eventually - skilful, compact, tough, battle-hardened, they could surprise people yet again....depends how much they want it.
                            Modric the magician turned up last night, jayne; a delight to watch. I think his goal is up there for goal of the tournament so far. The way he orchestrated the Scottish defence to move left and then pull back right to give him that wee bit room for that exquisite shot with the outside of the left foot was a thing of beauty, and I'm not sure anyone else in this tournament (De Bruyne?) could do it.

Sadly Tierney seemed to disappear from the game - I assume his fitness had gone. Andrew Robertson performed heroically throughout and we had a few chances, but when Modric performs like that a team of Scotland's quality has little chance.

Comment

• Alison
                              • Nov 2010

Good summary John. Stoic outlook. Are your league fixtures out yet?

Comment

• johncorrigan
                                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Alison View Post
                                Good summary John. Stoic outlook. Are your league fixtures out yet?
                                First game, away to newly promoted Dundee last day of July, Alison - wonder if they might be accepting fans by then? Yeah, stoicism is a requirement when following Buddies and Scotland, though there were some good signs during the three games. Need goals from somewhere, however.

Comment

Working...
                                X