• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • teamsaint
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by jayne lee wilson View Post
    Here we go here we go here we go....
    Thank God for this thread, when puns and other trivialising dismissive nonsense are going on elsewhere...

Football lovers only need apply here! Never stop believing!
    (BTW, Great addition to the longshot collection, JC...one of the best...!)

All got your wall charts up? The RT one being ....rather....long.....I put the Observer one on the kitchen/snug door instead....
    Italy v Turkey looks a tasty starter - at the Olimpico, with fans!
    .....but as ever, worried about the OTT-promoted (young-) England hopes with so many capable battlehardened teams around....just (1) get out of the group first...

Good luck Edgy and the Hatters in your showdown(s)! Where the heart is, right?

Yep, looking forward to it, even with all the other stuff going on in the world.
    It could be our year.....again......
    Just checked my wall chart, and I have a potential clash if we reach the Quarters via second place......not an impossible choice to make though.

Toughest group is surely F, which will be very competitive. Ours looks quite tricky too. Hoping to see a sensible defensive choice ( please NOT 7 defenders) and Grealish to take us all the way.
    You never know...the land of make believe. Just once, just once.......no more years of dreaming...... but they a re a very young group, for sure.
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• LMcD
      • Sep 2017

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
      Two free scoring sides - bound to be 0-0 then penalties. Forum rules no taking sides unless you have long term commitment!

(Not that anybody would take sides in that way, would they?)

Comment

• johncorrigan
        • Nov 2010

I'll be watching from behind the couch à la Doc Who and the Daleks in the 60s, jayne!

Comment

• LMcD
          • Sep 2017

GOOD LUCK, NORTH MACEDONIA! How can you dismiss the chances of the only team in the competition that's an anagram of 'Tornado Machine'?

Comment

• teamsaint
            • Nov 2010

Tough start for Italy, with an away fixture in Rome.........
            I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

Comment

• Edgy 2
              • Jan 2019

Thank God for this thread, when puns and other trivialising dismissive nonsense are going on elsewhere...

All got your wall charts up? The RT one being ....rather....long.....I put the Observer one on the kitchen/snug door instead....
              .....but as ever, worried about the OTT-promoted (young-) England hopes with so many capable battlehardened teams around....just (1) get out of the group first...

Thanks jayne, if it's not to be us who make it back to the Football League I hope it will be Hartlepool.

I'm not worried about England, I've got a good feeling about this tournament
              “Music is the best means we have of digesting time." — Igor Stravinsky

Comment

• teamsaint
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Edgy 2 View Post
                Thanks jayne, if it's not to be us who make it back to the Football League I hope it will be Hartlepool.

I'm not worried about England, I've got a good feeling about this tournament

Yes, me too.

Again.

Don’t know what to say about the playoffs. Hope its a great game and “ our “ semi winner goes on to glory. World cup style weather in Stockport Sunday lunchtime.
                Will you be there ER ?

Comment

• jayne lee wilson
                  Banned
                  • Jul 2011

Well that's one off the bucket list..... The (in)famous radio-controlled Car from the Nations Final to ceremonially deliver the ball......was it a Fiat? I think it might have been a Fiat...

FIAT FOOTBALL!
                  Last edited by jayne lee wilson; 11-06-21, 20:27.

Comment

• Edgy 2
                    • Jan 2019

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
                    Yes, me too.

Again.

Don’t know what to say about the playoffs. Hope its a great game and “ our “ semi winner goes on to glory. World cup style weather in Stockport Sunday lunchtime.
                    Will you be there ER ?

Your inbox is full btw
                    “Music is the best means we have of digesting time." — Igor Stravinsky

Comment

• teamsaint
                      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Edgy 2 View Post

Your inbox is full btw
                      no longer....ta...

Comment

• jayne lee wilson
                        Banned
                        • Jul 2011

History is made....! If Italy (my second team, since at least 1982) can win 3-0 then ...."its up for grabs now!"
                        Last edited by jayne lee wilson; 11-06-21, 22:40.

Comment

• johncorrigan
                          • Nov 2010

They looked very good, I thought. Looks like Mancini has done a good job on them.

Comment

• teamsaint
                            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
                            They looked very good, I thought. Looks like Mancini has done a good job on them.
                            Not very plucky from Turkey .

Italy looked in good shape .

Comment

• johncorrigan
                              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
                              Not very plucky from Turkey .
                              The poorest I've seen Turkey at a tournament in many a long day, sainty. They need to call in some high level replacement.
                              Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan scored an improbable three goals in just 15 minutes as he took to the field in a football friendly to mark the op...

Comment

• LMcD
                                • Sep 2017

Reluctant as I am to bring God into the discussion, I couldn't help thinking, as I walked round Kendal Parish Church the other day, that it resembles the Forum in at least one important aspect - it's a very broad and welcoming place.
                                I happen to dig punnery as a semi-intellectual trivial pursuit that's almost as therapeutic as gardening, but less weather-dependent.

Comment

Working...
                                X