• Show
Clear All
  • DracoM
    Host
    • Mar 2007

Comment

• gradus
      • Nov 2010

Out East here in sleepy old Suffolk the Yanks have come to the rescue of Ipswich Town, currently underperforming champions of the entire football league. Heaven knows what will happen next but it can't be worse than the last 13 years under the previous owner.

Comment

• cloughie
        • Dec 2011

Originally posted by gradus View Post
        Out East here in sleepy old Suffolk the Yanks have come to the rescue of Ipswich Town, currently underperforming champions of the entire football league. Heaven knows what will happen next but it can't be worse than the last 13 years under the previous owner.
        League One - the home of sleeping giants!

Comment

• LMcD
          • Sep 2017

Originally posted by gradus View Post
          Gamechanger20, our new owners, have just issued new shares to the value of £20 million, but there's no guarantee any of that will be spent on strengthening the squad - besides, you don't get much in the way of good players for that sort of money these days. It's going to take a VERY LONG time to recover from our present sorry state, I fear. Not sure about sleeping giants, cloughie - comatose midgets, at least in Ipswich's case, perhaps?

Comment

• cloughie
            • Dec 2011

Originally posted by LMcD View Post
            Gamechanger20, our new owners, have just issued new shares to the value of £20 million, but there's no guarantee any of that will be spent on strengthening the squad - besides, you don't get much in the way of good players for that sort of money these days. It's going to take a VERY LONG time to recover from our present sorry state, I fear. Not sure about sleeping giants, cloughie - comatose midgets, at least in Ipswich's case, perhaps?
            Mine is the optimists view!

Comment

• LMcD
              • Sep 2017

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
              Mine is the optimists view!
              That ol North Sea breeze dew instill a sense of grim realism, but - who knows - before too long the Owls and the Tractor Boys could be battling for that 4th Champions League spot, in which case I shall be pleased to record - in writing - my pleasure at having been proved wrong!

Comment

• johncorrigan
                • Nov 2010

Excellent result for Alison's Foxes last night...though what they are doing there I don't know, as they're not one of the big six!

Buddies have to wait till Monday for their quarter-final with Killie - nervy!

Comment

• Edgy 2
                  • Jan 2019

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
                  Excellent result for Alison's Foxes last night...though what they are doing there I don't know, as they're not one of the big six!

Buddies have to wait till Monday for their quarter-final with Killie - nervy!

Boreham Wood 0 Stockport County 3 Easy peasy win today, Hangers didn't play, Sutton lost, could have done without Torquay scoring a 98th minute equaliser though
                  Still 4th (been 4th most of the season it seems) but ther are now just 5 points between the top four.
                  “Music is the best means we have of digesting time." — Igor Stravinsky

Comment

• cloughie
                    • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Edgy 2 View Post

Boreham Wood 0 Stockport County 3 Easy peasy win today, Hangers didn't play, Sutton lost, could have done without Torquay scoring a 98th minute equaliser though
                    Still 4th (been 4th most of the season it seems) but ther are now just 5 points between the top four.
                    Bet you love Eastleigh though!

Bottom 5 in Ch’ship nil points - so....

Comment

• antongould
                      • Nov 2010

Liverpool 1 Toon 1

Quite a little run we are having ......

Comment

• DracoM
                        Host
                        • Mar 2007

Drat..............for Reds, anyway

Comment

• Alison
                          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by antongould View Post
                          Liverpool 1 Toon 1

Quite a little run we are having ......
                          I am so pleased for long suffering you.

Comment

• antongould
                            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Alison View Post
                            I am so pleased for long suffering you.

You are more than kind ....... as also a Hangers supporter it is, almost, a way of life .......

Comment

• johncorrigan
                              • Nov 2010

Great result, Rob, but conspiracy still at work, it seems to me. Exciting stuff!

Originally posted by antongould View Post
                              You are more than kind ....... as also a Hangers supporter it is, almost, a way of life .......
                              Maybe this is the year when fate makes its long-awaited amends to you, anton.

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
                              Bet you love Eastleigh though!

Bottom 5 in Ch’ship nil points - so....
                              Only 4 points from safety, cloughie - hope has to spring eternal, said he, dreading the QF on Monday night.

Comment

• antongould
                                • Nov 2010

Well done Rob

Comment

Working...
                                X