X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Alison
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
    Half time - I’ve run out of fingers and toes to cross, hoping that even top of the table sides can have an ‘off-day’.

Twas not to be - no joy to be had.
    Rarely comest thou spirit of delight!

Comment

• teamsaint
      • Nov 2010

A truly dreadful effort from a Saints side that has run out of excuses. Missing your best striker and best ball winner doesn't help, but you really have to do better than we did today. Brighton looked the likely winners from the very start., and we were very poor in every department.

If we had 6 points less i would have us odds on for the drop. As it is we may still find enough form to scrap half a dozen points, but the warning signs are flashing, and the klaxons sounding. Brighton did play well, but they were so comfortably the better side in what should have been a hard fought contest. We have had a bad 2 months but this was a real low, and we look a real mess.
      I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• cloughie
        • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Alison View Post
        Rarely comest thou spirit of delight!
        Rarer than hen’s teeth Alison, but at least the Foxes blunted the Blades even more!

...and ts like us you must be wondering where the next points will come from!

Comment

• Edgy 2
          • Jan 2019

Half time - I’ve run out of fingers and toes to cross, hoping that even top of the table sides can have an ‘off-day’.

Twas not to be - no joy to be had.

Fair play to Norwich though, sticking with the manager looks to be paying off.
          “Music is the best means we have of digesting time." — Igor Stravinsky

Comment

• teamsaint
            • Nov 2010

Rarer than hen’s teeth Alison, but at least the Foxes blunted the Blades even more!

...and ts like us you must be wondering where the next points will come from!
            Unfortunately we have had both games against Sheffield united, so it looks very tricky. Getting Ings fit and trying something, anything, different is our best bet.
            Bad luck today Cloughie.
            I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• EnemyoftheStoat
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
              A truly dreadful effort from a Saints side that has run out of excuses. Missing your best striker and best ball winner doesn't help, but you really have to do better than we did today. Brighton looked the likely winners from the very start., and we were very poor in every department.

If we had 6 points less i would have us odds on for the drop. As it is we may still find enough form to scrap half a dozen points, but the warning signs are flashing, and the klaxons sounding. Brighton did play well, but they were so comfortably the better side in what should have been a hard fought contest. We have had a bad 2 months but this was a real low, and we look a real mess.
              With most teams below us picking up points, I'm afraid we're relying on one of them not to, and the most likely is Newcastle. And they're a Saints bogey team.

Comment

• cloughie
                • Dec 2011

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
                Bad luck today Cloughie.
                ...combined with the ability gap of the two sides!

Comment

• antongould
                  • Nov 2010

King’s Lynn 2 The Draw Experts 2

Comment

• Edgy 2
                    • Jan 2019

Stockport County 2 Barnet 1

I still think Sutton are the new Torquay, tough game coming up on Saturday for the league leaders

Comment

• johncorrigan
                      • Nov 2010

Big day for the Buddies - a win against Hamilton will take us into the top 6 as the league splits. Only the Perth Saints can catch us - if St Johnstone win, and the Buddies don't, then the Buddies will be consigned, once again, to the lower half of the league. Advantage of top six is they can't finish lower than sixth and would count a successful season after their early covid issues. Best of luck to the forumisteams playing today, for a clutch of three-pointers.

Comment

• johncorrigan
                        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
                        Big day for the Buddies - a win against Hamilton will take us into the top 6 as the league splits. Only the Perth Saints can catch us - if St Johnstone win, and the Buddies don't, then the Buddies will be consigned, once again, to the lower half of the league. Advantage of top six is they can't finish lower than sixth and would count a successful season after their early covid issues. Best of luck to the forumisteams playing today, for a clutch of three-pointers.

Comment

• cloughie
                          • Dec 2011

Hard jc, to miss out on GD!

BUT

At last a win for the Owls, having spent much of the time since Christmas being the good luck charm to break team’s bad runs the tables were turned at Oakwell. Yippee!
                          Last edited by cloughie; 20-03-21, 18:51.

Comment

• antongould
                            • Nov 2010

Terrible JC ..... but well done cloughers

Hangers 1 Woking 0

Comment

• cloughie
                              • Dec 2011

Originally posted by antongould View Post
                              Terrible JC ..... but well done cloughers

Hangers 1 Woking 0
                              Nice one anton, still 2nd and edge’s lot narrowed the gap a little with Sutton!

Comment

• Edgy 2
                                • Jan 2019

Sutton United 1 Stockport County 1 We rescued a point in the 96th minute, probably fortunate to get the draw as Sutton were the better side, hopefully they will now do a Torquay and start to slide down the table

Well done Hangers, Owls and Saints, bad luck St Mirren

Comment

Working...
                                X