Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Edgy 2
    • Jan 2019

6.25 hours without a goal so far here,a perfectly valid one ruled out tonight though.
    H/T Us 0 Notts County 0
    “Music is the best means we have of digesting time." — Igor Stravinsky

Comment

• Edgy 2
      • Jan 2019

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
      Same old same old from freefalling Saints. Can’t score, can’t respond to adversity, and another desperate second half.

And Romeu off injured. Gonna be a long run in , sadly.

Comment

• antongould
        • Nov 2010

Mickey Thomas Rovers 0 Hangers 0

Solid you might say ....

Comment

• Edgy 2
          • Jan 2019

Originally posted by Edgy 2 View Post
          6.25 hours without a goal so far here,a perfectly valid one ruled out tonight though.
          H/T Us 0 Notts County 0
          Finished 0-0

Comment

• Alison
            • Nov 2010

Still no goal Edge. Sort it out Mark!

Comment

• Edgy 2
              • Jan 2019

Originally posted by Alison View Post
              Still no goal Edge. Sort it out Mark!

7 hours since we scored , tbf we had some chances as well as the 'goal that wasn't' and amazingly still very much in touch at the top.
              Notts County didn't look anything special which makes it more frustrating.

Comment

• teamsaint
                • Nov 2010

7 hours since we scored , tbf we had some chances as well as the 'goal that wasn't' and amazingly still very much in touch at the top.
                Notts County didn't look anything special which makes it more frustrating.
                Oh dear, but good that you are still in touch.

I don’t think Notts have looked anything special for a pretty long time !! probably not since they beat us 1-0 on my one trip there, when they were two divisions below us, in 2006. And in fact, they didn’t have to be that good then, thinking about it.
                I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• cloughie
                  • Dec 2011

Oh dear, but good that you are still in touch.

I don’t think Notts have looked anything special for a pretty long time !! probably not since they beat us 1-0 on my one trip there, when they were two divisions below us, in 2006. And in fact, they didn’t have to be that good then, thinking about it.
                  It’s a long time since Warnock took them into the top flight - I seem to remember when they were there Warnock was offered and turnred down the Cheksea job - mind you at the time Chelses were a yoyo club.

Comment

• EnemyoftheStoat
                    • Nov 2010

Same old same old from freefalling Saints. Can’t score, can’t respond to adversity, and another desperate second half.

And Romeu off injured. Gonna be a long run in , sadly.
                    My thoughts are that it's the wrong end of the wrong season, and now with too few of the right players, to be persisting with pressing tactics. Soaking it up against Chelsea (admittedly off-form) didn't work too badly and almost produced three points. I'd forgive Ralph for parking the bus for a number of the remaining games - those that we're unlikely to win anyway unless it's with two or three goals on the break.

Comment

• eighthobstruction
                      • Nov 2010

....Nigel Pearson off to a great start after 5 Robins losses....he is an intense deep staring enigmatic chap though isn't he....love to hear what goes on in dressingroom....
                      bong ching

Comment

• cloughie
                        • Dec 2011

Originally posted by eighthobstruction View Post
                        ....Nigel Pearson off to a great start after 5 Robins losses....he is an intense deep staring enigmatic chap though isn't he....love to hear what goes on in dressingroom....
                        Both Bristol clubs have new ‘hard man’ managers!

Comment

• eighthobstruction
                          • Nov 2010

....I'd missed that they had hired Barton....Hmmmm....flash in pan maybe....that last minute defeat a shame, though Wigan are no fools....anyway i have felt for sometime they need someone angry....i certainly am "I'm as mad as hel, and I'm not going to take it any more2....so say they have some pretty good loan signings.
                          Last edited by eighthobstruction; 24-02-21, 18:34.
                          bong ching

Comment

• teamsaint
                            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by EnemyoftheStoat View Post
                            My thoughts are that it's the wrong end of the wrong season, and now with too few of the right players, to be persisting with pressing tactics. Soaking it up against Chelsea (admittedly off-form) didn't work too badly and almost produced three points. I'd forgive Ralph for parking the bus for a number of the remaining games - those that we're unlikely to win anyway unless it's with two or three goals on the break.
                            Agreed, it just isn’t working. I dont think I have ever seen a team so much worse so often in the second half. We have more than enough to deal with this situation , but with Romeu out, a change of style may be necessary. Possibly a switch to three at the back, or a 4-3-3 with JWP anchoring midfield.
                            We need to learn how to deal with going behind, part of which is balancing the chase for an equaliser with the danger of going 2 down.
                            I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• gurnemanz
                              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by antongould View Post
                              ManU 3 Toon 1 ...... oh look an abyss
                              Just been talking to my neighbour, a Toon fan and abyss-starer. I did my best to lift his the gloom, commenting that I was sure they would be OK, especially if Saint-Maximim can stay fit and produce some magic.

Comment

• Edgy 2
                                • Jan 2019

7 hours since we scored ,

Comment

Working...
                                X