X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Alison
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
    They have a high powered new management team, which include Mark McGhee, Alison.
    Wow, ex Leicester City!

Comment

• johncorrigan
      • Nov 2010

Another three points for the Buddies yesterday, seeing off Killie with a couple of goals. Sixth with a couple of games in hand...although one of them is against Celtic in midweek and remember what happened last time we played them...oh yeah! we cuffed them!

Comment

• jayne lee wilson
        Banned
        • Jul 2011

I never left the room before the end of a match, but I was close to it today....... Alisson, of all people? Two goalkeeping errors - with some poor, tentative defending leading up to them - decided the game.

Quite shocking to watch after that... collective collapse..... collective exhaustion...? The fight went out of us. There was hardly any pressing in midfield today.

It took us a long time and a huge effort to get back to winning titles, through three seasons of brilliance, but - always harder to stay there, isn't it?
        Injury and enforced reconfigurations really hurt us, yes, but I wonder if the loss of home support has been even more damaging. And in hindsight, not bringing in more cover for the central defence sooner looks like a major oversight.

Most top teams have suffered bizarre inconsistencies and home defeats this season, but the current leaders have really hit their stride and don't look like faltering...5 points ahead and a game in hand...
        Last edited by jayne lee wilson; 07-02-21, 20:35.

Comment

• Edgy 2
          • Jan 2019

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
          Another three points for the Buddies yesterday, seeing off Killie with a couple of goals. Sixth with a couple of games in hand...although one of them is against Celtic in midweek and remember what happened last time we played them...oh yeah! we cuffed them!
          Originally posted by jayne lee wilson View Post
          I never left the room before the end of a match, but I was close to it today....... Alisson, of all people? Two goalkeeping errors - with some poor, tentative defending leading up to them - decided the game.

Quite shocking to watch after that... collective collapse..... collective exhaustion...? The fight went out of us. There was hardly any pressing in midfield today.

It took us a long time and a huge effort to get back to winning titles, through three seasons of brilliance, but - always harder to stay there, isn't it?
          Injury and enforced reconfigurations really hurt us, yes, but I wonder if the loss of home support has been even more damaging. And in hindsight, not bringing in more cover for the central defence sooner looks like a major oversight.

Most top teams have suffered bizarre inconsistencies and home defeats this season, but the current leaders have really hit their stride and don't look like faltering...5 points ahead and a game in hand...
          “Music is the best means we have of digesting time." — Igor Stravinsky

Comment

• cloughie
            • Dec 2011

Jayne, we shared the same bad scoreline this weekend - keep the glass half full - there’s 3 points up for grabs next match!

Comment

• Mario
              • Aug 2020

I wonder if the loss of home support has been even more damaging.
              Yes Jayne, I'm beginning to wonder this too. Maybe they do need us more than was at first thought?

Sorry for your pain.

Best wishes,

Mario

Comment

• antongould
                • Nov 2010

Hangers 2 The Midlands 0 .........

Comment

• teamsaint
                  • Nov 2010

Watched Palace's game against Leeds last night. Not South London's Finest really, on the night. Seemed to miss Zaha pretty badly.

and another thing, I'm no expert, but some of those Leeds haircuts were not pre-lockdown efforts.
                  Just saying.

Well done to Hartlepools .
                  I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• antongould
                    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
                    Watched Palace's game against Leeds last night. Not South London's Finest really, on the night. Seemed to miss Zaha pretty badly.

and another thing, I'm no expert, but some of those Leeds haircuts were not pre-lockdown efforts.
                    Just saying.

Well done to Hartlepools .

Thanks ts ..... yes we need to start a Free Joe Linton campaign .... good to see Jimmy Anderson putting all you learned him into practice .....

Comment

• cloughie
                      • Dec 2011

Originally posted by antongould View Post
                      Nice one!

Owls 2 Chairboys 0

Out of Bottom 3!
                      Last edited by cloughie; 09-02-21, 22:20.

Comment

• jayne lee wilson
                        Banned
                        • Jul 2011

The snow looked pretty at Old Trafford didn't it? Shame it stopped, it gave us something to look at.....
                        I left the room, played the finale of Bruckner 6 and came back to find.... no significant event or change....

I wonder if Mario can contain his impatience to see Cavani or Fernandes bring a touch of class to the present tedium....(probably too football-fan-superstitious to dare say anything now...)

Well the two stars haven't made much impact yet (to be fair, Cavani only came for the last four minutes..)... as snowflakes fall upon the snowflakes...
                        Ah well, there's always penalties. Just a shame you have to wait so long...
                        Last edited by jayne lee wilson; 09-02-21, 22:30.

Comment

• Edgy 2
                          • Jan 2019

Torquay dropped points too

I also gave up on the Man Utd West Ham game and went for an extra dog walk
                          “Music is the best means we have of digesting time." — Igor Stravinsky

Comment

• johncorrigan
                            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
                            Nice one!

Owls 2 Chairboys 0

Out of Bottom 3!
                            ...and stay out of it, cloughie!

Comment

• Mario
                              • Aug 2020

Can you imagine travelling all the way to Manchester to see that game? In THAT weather?

Pah!

Mario

Comment

• antongould
                                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post

...and stay out of it, cloughie!
                                Yes cloughers that’s an order ........

Comment

Working...
                                X