X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cloughie
    • Dec 2011

Originally posted by jayne lee wilson View Post
    So here we are again.....0-0, 50 Minutes........ more cognac....

70 minutes..... 0-0....Salah and Firmino on.... back to water now....painfully sobering to watch... God, another Firmino mis-hit...

Watching this on my feet again....

So there you are.....0-1.... nothing's shocking now. "Results, not records"......
    "Crisis, what crisis?"

Haven't even got the heart to say well done Burnley.... apologies....
    Be rational, Jayne - it’s not a crisis it is a mere blip at the summit! Bury and Macclesfield were crises! I don’t hear fans shouting ‘Sack Klopp’.

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
      Host
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
      Be rational, Jayne - it’s not a crisis it is a mere blip at the summit! Bury and Macclesfield were crises! I don’t hear fans shouting ‘Sack Klopp’.
      There are sure to be some. When Manchester United went through sticky patches, there were fans demanding Fergie’s demise. But Sir Alex continued to prove them wrong.

Comment

• cloughie
        • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Eine Alpensinfonie View Post
        There are sure to be some. When Manchester United went through sticky patches, there were fans demanding Fergie’s demise. But Sir Alex continued to prove them wrong.
        Well Pulis is available if their ship needs steadying! or even

Comment

• gurnemanz
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Leinster Lass View Post
          What!!!?
          OK, then, to save you the bother, I'll say it: WELL DONE BURNLEY! Nice to see an 'unfashionable' club hit the headlines.
          As a fan of another unfashionable team, I'll say it too, though my contribution is probably of limited worth since I only saw the last 20 minutes having just switched over from Mock the Week. It seemed like a matter of just when Liverpool would score but Burnley looked solid and the words "smash and grab" did cross my mind before it actually happened.

Palace have lost to both those teams this season.

Comment

• cloughie
            • Dec 2011

Originally posted by gurnemanz View Post
            As a fan of another unfashionable team, I'll say it too, though my contribution is probably of limited worth since I only saw the last 20 minutes having just switched over from Mock the Week. It seemed like a matter of just when Liverpool would score but Burnley looked solid and the words "smash and grab" did cross my mind before it actually happened.

Palace have lost to both those teams this season.
            But no crisis gurn! About par for the Selhurst course.

Comment

• johncorrigan
              • Nov 2010

League Cup semi this Sunday at empty Hampden for the off-form Buddies against the on-form Livingstone - that's the kind of statistics I like! Come on you Saints.

Comment

• Leinster Lass
                Banned
                • Oct 2020

'Klopp For The Chop, Cries The Kop'
                What else can he honestly expect after signing a contract that requires him to win 25 of the club's first 20 fixtures?

Comment

• jayne lee wilson
                  Banned
                  • Jul 2011

Originally posted by Auferstehen View Post
                  “It is not enough that I succeed, others must fail”.**

Now who said this – Genghiz Khan? Gore Vidal?

At any rate, whilst I’m pleased that those who compete with Man Utd drop points, I empathise (but not sympathise) with those supporters. I too can feel the pain when MY team loses.

So, jlw, sorry you’re feeling down. I don’t know if you go through the same emotions that I do. I don’t mind too much when Man Utd lose having played well, but to lose having played badly?

What on earth were Liverpool up to last night? They were but a pale shadow of their former selves. And the next half a dozen games are tough.

Credit where it’s due. Burnley defended admirably, didn’t they?

Mario
                  You're very sweet Mario, but it was indeed "the manner of it"...

We simply ran out of ideas against a team who did pretty much what our previous 4 opponents had done: packed, well-organised defence against our all-too-familiar supply lines, then the counter-attack. You could sense, vividly, Burnley's growing confidence as the game progressed; we actually made it easy for them.
                  A devoted fan can usually offer some ideas about tactical adjustment, but I must admit I'm not sure where we go from here....I approach Sunday's cup-tie with only a sense of ominousness.....dread, almost.

(**Yes, it was an example of the admirably spiteful and eloquent sayings of Gore Vidal...)
                  Last edited by jayne lee wilson; 22-01-21, 15:16.

Comment

• Mario
                    • Aug 2020

Originally posted by jayne lee wilson View Post
                    I approach Sunday's cup-tie with only a sense of ominousness.....dread, almost.
                    Thanks Jayne, and not meaning to rub salt in wounds (now you see what we've been through under Moyes/van Gaal/Moaning Maureen), but if you play as badly on Sunday, we may have a chance against you.

Genuinely Jayne, best wishes,

Mario

Comment

• cloughie
                      • Dec 2011

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
                      League Cup semi this Sunday at empty Hampden for the off-form Buddies against the on-form Livingstone - that's the kind of statistics I like! Come on you Saints.
                      Whom do the pundits presume?

Comment

• teamsaint
                        • Nov 2010

A first ever cup win over Arsenal for my lot.

A tough task for the Paisley Saints tomorrow. Livingston put in a good display against Celtic in the week, but are there to be beaten !!
                        Good luck Buddies
                        I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• antongould
                          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post

A tough task for the Paisley Saints tomorrow. Livingston put in a good display against Celtic in the week, but are there to be beaten !!
                          Good luck Buddies
                          Well done ts and good luck jc ..... meanwhile in another universe far, far away

Weymouth 1 Hangers 0 ..........

Comment

• cloughie
                            • Dec 2011

Originally posted by antongould View Post
                            Well done ts and good luck jc ..... meanwhile in another universe far, far away

Weymouth 1 Hangers 0 ..........
                            ...and a long journey for no return!

Comment

• teamsaint
                              • Nov 2010

...and a long journey for no return!
                              Oh it is much quicker since the olympics upgrade of the A354, and a couple of roundabouts. 10 mins off the ETA easily........
                              I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• johncorrigan
                                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post

Good luck Buddies
                                Thanks, ts...an all-saints final would be grand, but who the hell knows what'll happen...great result for your southern saints today...sorry 'bout Hartlepool, anton - noticed they'd dropped to ten-men, and you've got Stockport closing on your tail.

Comment

Working...
                                X