X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Leinster Lass
    Banned
    • Oct 2020

My soccer-mad English cousins (none of whom supports a Premier League team) told me that Liverpool would 'absolutely hammer the Baggies', which I took to mean that they would beat West Bromwich Albion by quite a few goals. What was the result?
    UPDATE timed at 20.06: I've just been told it ended 1-1 - how come?
    Last edited by Leinster Lass; 27-12-20, 21:06.

Comment

• cloughie
      • Dec 2011

Originally posted by rathfarnhamgirl View Post
      My soccer-mad English cousins (none of whom supports a Premier League team) told me that Liverpool would 'absolutely hammer the Baggies', which I took to mean that they would beat West Bromwich Albion by quite a few goals. What was the result?
      Big Sam!

Comment

• teamsaint
        • Nov 2010

Old English folk wisdom tells us that “ It’s a funny old game”.
        I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• Edgy 2
          • Jan 2019

Originally posted by antongould View Post
          Elizabeth Alker Rob ....... I think she’s a you know who supporter .....
          Oh
          “Music is the best means we have of digesting time." — Igor Stravinsky

Comment

• EnemyoftheStoat
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
            I’d take a point with at least three key injuries, and not a lot going for us at Fulham, Stoatfoe. No reason we shouldn’t get something off WHU , as BHA did today, but we need to deal with Antonio( if playing), who always seems to forget that he owes us a favour .
            Well, maybe a bit more ambition and/or a long-overdue penalty decision will help (Moyes would like 'clarity' about penalty decisions according to his post-match comments; wouldn't we all!) and Antonio not playing would help.

Comment

• jayne lee wilson
              Banned
              • Jul 2011

Real Life, player fatigue, Trent-Alex's rifle-sights off-centre, defiant West Brom often playing not so much 4-5-1 as 1-5-5 (as they had to), great save from Baggies keeper at the death from Firmino ("goal" written all over it, I was shouting "Yes!") and its never as easy as it sometimes looks! Utterly frustrating. But most of our rivals failed to take advantage.

We'll still be champions because we really need to be, just you bloody watch us. Same in Europe, Beloved Europe, if it weren't for Bayern (who've had a similar run this season)....

IN KLOPP WE TRUST - YNWA
              Last edited by jayne lee wilson; 28-12-20, 14:49.

Comment

• Mario
                • Aug 2020

Originally posted by jayne lee wilson View Post
                Real Life, player fatigue, Trent-Alex's rifle-sights off-centre, defiant West Brom often playing not so much 4-5-1 as 1-5-5 as they had to, great save from Baggies keeper at the death from Firmino ("goal" written all over it, I was shouting "Yes!") and its never as easy as it sometimes looks! Utterly frustrating.

We'll still be champions because we really need to be, just you bloody watch us. Same in Europe, Beloved Europe, if it weren't for Bayern (who've had a similar run this season)....

IN KLOPP WE TRUST - YNWA
                And IF you are, and I think you will be Jayne, then you’ll only equal our number, so boo to you!

Mario

Comment

• jayne lee wilson
                  Banned
                  • Jul 2011

Originally posted by Auferstehen View Post
                  And IF you are, and I think you will be Jayne, then you’ll only equal our number, so boo to you!

Mario
                  Growling respect, Mario.....(and thanks for the recent entertainment v Leeds and Foxes....you've a magic-match-winner in Fernandes & I do love watching Edinson Cavani....)

So - three very attractive fixtures today! Even citeh might do us a favour.. .....

Comment

• Mario
                    • Aug 2020

Growling respect, Mario.....(and thanks for the recent entertainment v Leeds and Foxes....you've a magic-match-winner in Fernandes & I do love watching Edinson Cavani....)
                    As will be reciprocated I'm sure, from true Man Utd fans, next May. Rather you any day of the week than Citeh, that's for sure.

Mario

Comment

• jayne lee wilson
                      Banned
                      • Jul 2011

As will be reciprocated I'm sure, from true Man Utd fans, next May. Rather you any day of the week than Citeh, that's for sure.

Mario
                      When I see Cavani tearing into defences, hair flying, I often think "Kempes '78"......remember that one Mario? The Spirit of the Pampas Bull lives on!

Comment

• Mario
                        • Aug 2020

I often think "Kempes '78"......remember that one Mario?
                        Certainly do, Ma'am!

Mario

Comment

• Leinster Lass
                          Banned
                          • Oct 2020

Real Life, player fatigue, Trent-Alex's rifle-sights off-centre, defiant West Brom often playing not so much 4-5-1 as 1-5-5 (as they had to), great save from Baggies keeper at the death from Firmino ("goal" written all over it, I was shouting "Yes!") and its never as easy as it sometimes looks! Utterly frustrating. But most of our rivals failed to take advantage.

IN KLOPP WE TRUST - YNWA
                          You're quite a fan, aren't you?

Comment

• jayne lee wilson
                            Banned
                            • Jul 2011

HOT OFF THE PRESS....

Manchester City's Premier League match at Everton on Monday is postponed after the visitors return a number of positive coronavirus tests.

Shame, looking forward to that one.... oh well, more listening I guess!

Comment

• antongould
                              • Nov 2010

Notts County 0 Hangers 1 ..... a few steps beyond scary ........

Comment

• Edgy 2
                                • Jan 2019

Citeh
                                Schoolboy error Mario (citeh)
                                “Music is the best means we have of digesting time." — Igor Stravinsky

Comment

Working...
                                X