X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • teamsaint
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
    Best of fortune to the Foxes and Newcastle today...oh yes, and the Southern Saints too, of course. No footie up here for a while...we're having to put up with repeats, and repeats of repeats (there's not many glorious moments to recall about Scottish football to go round); oh yes, and there's a repeat of the documentary about our favourite Highland League Team, The Fort.
    Well what got what little luck we needed today JC. Watford never really in it, and we did what we do away from home, use the ball well and make the most of our chances .Safety is certain, the rebuild starts here hopefully. Though we have a decent team, we badly need to clear out some bad buys, and invest judiciously in new contracts and a couple of proper first team players. Kyle Walker Peters on a permanent deal ought to be a priority. Not a world beater, but looks a solid PL right back. Probably need one replacement for Lemina and Hoj, and possibly an upgrade at centre half, though that would mean shifting one out I suspect.
    Hopefully Che Adams will get a run in the team . The fans have stuck with him , his cameos off the bench are very positive,and there is a decent player in there, I think.
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• jayne lee wilson
      Banned
      • Jul 2011

Extraordinary first half Toon v City. One-Sided? Goodness.
      Newcastle scarcely got a touch but..... still only 0-1.

Were Newcastle playing for penalties? Or just hoping to keep the score down, resigned to defeat? ? Or are City simply unplayable on their day....

Comment

• teamsaint
        • Nov 2010

Don’t really want the cup to be won by one of the smaller clubs this year, what with the fans being absent.

Good win for the Owls today.
        I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

Comment

• Alison
          • Nov 2010

I know Foxes beat Saints 9-0 In October but they are better than us now.

Comment

• teamsaint
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Alison View Post
            That may or may not be the case Alison ( your run in doesn't look too bad, could be a last day thriller against Man Utd) but for sure Ings is right on Vardy's heels for the Golden boot.

Some Saints fans were hoping that the season would be voided, so that we never had that defeat, but most of us are happy just to get to 40 points in April, sorry June !!

Comment

• antongould
              • Nov 2010

Toon 0 Manchester City 2

I can remember 1955 .......

Comment

• cloughie
                • Dec 2011

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
                That may or may not be the case Alison ( your run in doesn't look too bad, could be a last day thriller against Man Utd) but for sure Ings is right on Vardy's heels for the Golden boot.

Some Saints fans were hoping that the season would be voided, so that we never had that defeat, but most of us are happy just to get to 40 points in April, sorry June !!
                Just shows that there is an alternative to sacking the manager ie the players start to put a few shifts in.

Comment

• teamsaint
                  • Nov 2010

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
                  Just shows that there is an alternative to sacking the manager ie the players start to put a few shifts in.
                  What was interesting in this case was that Ralf admitted that he had got things wrong. Mind you , fashioning our current defenders into a serviceable PL unit was always going to be a big task, although he has more or less managed it.

Comment

• Oakapple

Originally posted by Alison View Post
                    As a Leicester City supporter myself I agree. I don't know why they've lost much of their ability since the new year but I would say they are now at about the same level as Watford and Brighton, with whom they have drawn recently.

Comment

• antongould
                      • Nov 2010

B&B 1 Toon 4

Quite a way beyond scary

Comment

• teamsaint
                        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by antongould View Post
                        B&B 1 Toon 4

Quite a way beyond scary
                        Turning into quite a tasty scrap for 12th place.

Poor old bompey, surely doomed now........

Comment

• Edgy 2
                          • Jan 2019

B&B 1 Toon 4

Quite a way beyond scary
                          Who needs Rafa
                          “Music is the best means we have of digesting time." — Igor Stravinsky

Comment

• johncorrigan
                            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Oakapple View Post
                            As a Leicester City supporter myself I agree. I don't know why they've lost much of their ability since the new year but I would say they are now at about the same level as Watford and Brighton, with whom they have drawn recently.
                            Brendan Rodgers, over the years, seems to be a good starter, gets the team on side from the word go...problem seems to be when things start to go less well, he doesn't seem to be able to lift things. I thought he left Celtic just as his tide was turning. I notice that Leicester got locked out this evening...in danger of losing that top four place. I notice that the Hammers did Brendan a favour.

Great win for Newcastle - loved that second goal.

Comment

• antongould
                              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Edgy 2 View Post
                              Who needs Rafa
                              reasonable question Rob

Comment

• cloughie
                                • Dec 2011

reasonable question Rob
                                Just think we’d have been 10 points ahead of Leeds had he stayed at the Owls!

Comment

Working...
                                X