X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • johncorrigan
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by gurnemanz View Post
    Palace would seem to be more or less safe with a welcome (and rare) 3 points gained down at local rivals, Brighton, though bitter experience makes us fans cautious to the end. We have tickets for the Watford game next week. Just when the Hornets seem to have got a vein of form. Might be an entertaining and feisty affair.
    Roy'll have a plan worked out to take the sting out of the hornets, gurney.

Comment

• jayne lee wilson
      Banned
      • Jul 2011

Great League Cup Final so far.... c'mon Villa, c'mon Jack!

Well at least they had a go, didn't they? Almost pushed it into extra time.... much better game than might have been expected - cheers Villa.
      Last edited by jayne lee wilson; 01-03-20, 20:07.

Comment

• teamsaint
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by jayne lee wilson View Post
        Great League Cup Final so far.... c'mon Villa, c'mon Jack!

Well at least they had a go, didn't they? Almost pushed it into extra time.... much better game than might have been expected - cheers Villa.
        Yep, an exciting second half, and Villa got it about right in tactics after the first two goals. ( plenty of shoddy defending in the first half all round).Would have loved to see Grealish set one up or score, but that day will surely come, though maybe not in the Villa shirt.
        I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
          Host
          • Nov 2010

A very good weekend. Liverpool knocked of their perch (sorry, Jayne) and City winning the League Cup.

Comment

• Alison
            • Nov 2010

Enjoyable match at the London Stadium with my WHU season ticket friend.

The home side looked far stronger than they had in the Leicester match just after Christmas.

Saints clearly need the points rather less but always carried a threat.

Disastrous dip in form for the Foxes.

Comment

• jayne lee wilson
              Banned
              • Jul 2011

Already nervous about tonight (about how we play as much as...)..... who on earth will be on the team sheet... (apart from Curtis Jones of course! Our FA Cup Mascot....but maybe not even him...)....

Comment

• teamsaint
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Alison View Post
                Enjoyable match at the London Stadium with my WHU season ticket friend.

The home side looked far stronger than they had in the Leicester match just after Christmas.

Saints clearly need the points rather less but always carried a threat.

Disastrous dip in form for the Foxes.
                Glad you enjoyed the game Alison. West Ham are a bit of a bogey team for us, and no doubt have underperformed this season . Saints still needing a couple of wins.
                I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• antongould
                  • Nov 2010

Solihull Moors 0 Hangers 1
                  WBA 2 Toon 3

It began a day like any other .........

Comment

• zola
                    • May 2011

The Scottish Messi ?

Comment

• antongould
                      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by zola View Post
                      The Scottish Messi ?
                      Hughie Gallacher ...... ??

Comment

• johncorrigan
                        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by antongould View Post
                        Hughie Gallacher ...... ??
                        Another victim of the bottle, anton. Hughie'd have been great to see play.

Could do with a Scottish Messi (or any other kinda Messi, for that matter) for the big game tonight in Paisley against the Perth Saints, after both exited the Cup at the weekend. Good fortune to Leicester this evening, but especially to cloughie's mob...Awraveryveryverybest!

Comment

• antongould
                          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
                          Another victim of the bottle, anton. Hughie'd have been great to see play .....
                          My Dad says he was the greatest ever John and 37% of Tyneside squeezed into St. James when he returned with Chelsea

Comment

• cloughie
                            • Dec 2011

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
                            Another victim of the bottle, anton. Hughie'd have been great to see play.

Could do with a Scottish Messi (or any other kinda Messi, for that matter) for the big game tonight in Paisley against the Perth Saints, after both exited the Cup at the weekend. Good fortune to Leicester this evening, but especially to cloughie's mob...Awraveryveryverybest!
                            Could have been a lot lot worse - whilst we never looked like scoring our defending frustrated City and maybe Monk will give Wildsmith a match or two in goal now.

Comment

• johncorrigan
                              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
                              Could have been a lot lot worse - whilst we never looked like scoring our defending frustrated City and maybe Monk will give Wildsmith a match or two in goal now.
                              Tough evening for yer guys, cloughie. I see Alison's crew squeezed through. We got a score-free, enhanced by Ross County getting a trouncing; but Stevie Gerrard's lads rolled over to Hamilton who took the three points. I don't think Stevie's heart's in it anymore...better outa there, in my biased opinion. Buddies remain third from bottom with Celtic awaiting at the weekend.

Comment

• BBMmk2
                                Late Member
                                • Nov 2010

Another loss for Brighton, last weekend. Hmmmm.
                                Don’t cry for me
                                I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

Working...
                                X