X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • antongould
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
    After the 120 minutes and penalties earlier in the week, I was sort of glad that the Saints' match with the Jam Tarts was postponed last night...water, water everywhere. Unfortunately Hamilton and Ross County picked up points today, which was unfortunate. It's tight down there. Third bottom with games in hand. Good result for Hartlepool there, anton, and I notice the southern saints had a good day too. Thought the Owls had it in the bag, but looks like there was late negative drama.
    Indeed JC cloughers is probably still under the bed ..... and ts in the cocktail bar ......

Comment

• teamsaint
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by antongould View Post
      Indeed JC cloughers is probably still under the bed ..... and ts in the cocktail bar ......
      Well, I tried a different pub today, so it is now officially my lucky boozer. Plus I got undercharged, so happy days generally.

Though we didn’t need much luck today. We totally outplayed an extremely mediocre Villa side, and really should have had the game wrapped up by half time. Djenepo was a real bag of tricks, but wasted two great chances, and with JWP keeping Grealish quiet, it was really just a case of trying to avoid our usual defensive howler, and for the second goal to arrive.
      Which it didn’t, until the end of second half injury time, to finally send the natives home very happy. Good cameo from Che Adams, who may yet turn out to be a good buy. He is neat and thoughtful on the ball, moves well, and the goals must surely come with game time Another assist for the second goal will do his confidence good. Nice debut from Will Smallbone too, who adds a good option to our midfield cover.

Keep an eye out for an extraordinary injury incident.after about 20 mins, El Ghazi went down in dramatic fashion for an apparent blow to the face, which nobody at all saw. After two or three minutes of dramatics, and the medics looking for an injury with the Villa players not showing the slightest concern , Grealish , to the applause of the Saints fans, signalled to El Ghazi to get off the pitch, so that he could take the corner they had been awarded. Never seen anything quite like it.

Grealish ought to get paid overtime. Not at his best today, and without any meaningful help from his team mates, but I would pay good money to watch him play. No doubt he’ll have to up sticks from his beloved Villa soon ( hope he doesn’t) and one of the big six will get a very special player. He would be terrifying in a good side. My mate says he has Chelsea written all over him, which looks and sounds right. If I was him, I’d hold out for a north eastern team.
      I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• antongould
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
        Well, I tried a different pub today, so it is now officially my lucky boozer. Plus I got undercharged, so happy days generally.

Though we didn’t need much luck today. We totally outplayed an extremely mediocre Villa side, and really should have had the game wrapped up by half time. Djenepo was a real bag of tricks, but wasted two great chances, and with JWP keeping Grealish quiet, it was really just a case of trying to avoid our usual defensive howler, and for the second goal to arrive.
        Which it didn’t, until the end of second half injury time, to finally send the natives home very happy. Good cameo from Che Adams, who may yet turn out to be a good buy. He is neat and thoughtful on the ball, moves well, and the goals must surely come with game time Another assist for the second goal will do his confidence good. Nice debut from Will Smallbone too, who adds a good option to our midfield cover.

Keep an eye out for an extraordinary injury incident.after about 20 mins, El Ghazi went down in dramatic fashion for an apparent blow to the face, which nobody at all saw. After two or three minutes of dramatics, and the medics looking for an injury with the Villa players not showing the slightest concern , Grealish , to the applause of the Saints fans, signalled to El Ghazi to get off the pitch, so that he could take the corner they had been awarded. Never seen anything quite like it.

Grealish ought to get paid overtime. Not at his best today, and without any meaningful help from his team mates, but I would pay good money to watch him play. No doubt he’ll have to up sticks from his beloved Villa soon ( hope he doesn’t) and one of the big six will get a very special player. He would be terrifying in a good side. My mate says he has Chelsea written all over him, which looks and sounds right. If I was him, I’d hold out for a north eastern team.
        Excellent report as always ts ..... seriously I doubt if Grealish could even make the Hangers bench .......

Comment

• cloughie
          • Dec 2011

I’ll take what positives there were to after recent disasters, at least we got a point!

Comment

• BBMmk2
            Late Member
            • Nov 2010

Seagull had a draw yesterday.
            Don’t cry for me
            I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• eighthobstruction
              • Nov 2010

Excellent report as always ts ..... seriously I doubt if Grealish could even make the Hangers bench .......
              bong ching

Comment

• DracoM
                Host
                • Mar 2007

'Fraid that apart from the wincingly silly hair cut, I do not see that Grealish has much going for him in a not very good side apart from the fact that he's better than the others - which, sorry, is not saying all that much,

Comment

• teamsaint
                  • Nov 2010

Originally posted by DracoM View Post
                  'Fraid that apart from the wincingly silly hair cut, I do not see that Grealish has much going for him in a not very good side apart from the fact that he's better than the others - which, sorry, is not saying all that much,
                  Really? Have you watched him play that much Dracs ? He is carrying a really mediocre team single handedly. He has every attribute. Wonderful vision, ( he had the ability to see passes that I can’t see, even though I am just sitting watching)complete range of passing which is almost unfailingly accurate , scores goals, creates goals , wonderful balance that draws fouls all the time, and he’s quite evidently an excellent leader, as he showed at our place yesterday. Absolutely miles ahead of the “ competition” , such as Mount and Maddison( Sorry Alison,good player though Maddison is). Getting the ball off him is the devils own job, and he uses it so well.

Haircut? About standard for the PL.......
                  Last edited by teamsaint; 23-02-20, 14:55.
                  I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• jayne lee wilson
                    Banned
                    • Jul 2011

Great admirer of Grealish here too.....I'll watch Villa just to see what he'll do this time.....he has the skill, the flair and the swagger....and God Knows, given the injury list, we're going to need him in the 12-Cities Championship...

The short-Jack-and-sides is a retro-update of a cut favoured by many 1950s footballers, redolent of brylcreem and James Dean...

You too can have the "Grealish".....
                    Jack Grealish’s hairstyle is an undercut that, together with his slicked-back hair, makes way for the stunning slicked back undercut look.
                    Last edited by jayne lee wilson; 23-02-20, 19:37.

Comment

• johncorrigan
                      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
                      Really? Have you watched him play that much Dracs ? He is carrying a really mediocre team single handedly. He has every attribute. Wonderful vision, ( he had the ability to see passes that I can’t see, even though I am just sitting watching)complete range of passing which is almost unfailingly accurate , scores goals, creates goals , wonderful balance that draws fouls all the time, and he’s quite evidently an excellent leader, as he showed at our place yesterday. Absolutely miles ahead of the “ competition” , such as Mount and Maddison( Sorry Alison,good player though Maddison is). Getting the ball off him is the devils own job, and he uses it so well.

Haircut? About standard for the PL.......
                      I may be biased, but I think Villa have really missed Grealish's combination with former Buddie, John McGinn, since he fractured his ankle in December. And on the subject of Scottish internationals, great to see Armstrong playing so well for Southampton...we need all the help we can get with these Euro play-offs coming up.

Comment

• Alison
                        • Nov 2010

I think the Premier League has brought the best out of Grealish, he is ahead of Maddison for sure.

Im going to West Ham v Saints match. Could turn ugly if, as I expect, the away side dominate.

Seems a long while since the 0-9 Sainty!

Comment

• Alison
                          • Nov 2010

Poor Cloughmeister. Sort it out Monky!!

Comment

• johncorrigan
                            • Nov 2010

Buddies came back from one-down to grab all three points at Fir Park tonight. Still third bottom, but a wee bit of daylight between us and the two teams below us...good result!

Comment

• EnemyoftheStoat
                              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Alison View Post
                              I think the Premier League has brought the best out of Grealish, he is ahead of Maddison for sure.

Im going to West Ham v Saints match. Could turn ugly if, as I expect, the away side dominate.

Seems a long while since the 0-9 Sainty!
                              I’m a bit annoyed to be missing this one, but passed up the chance of an away ticket as I expected that afternoon to be rehearsing for a gig the following Wednesday with a certain national broadcaster’s chorus. I have in between decided not to bother, the management of the said outfit having turned ugly. They could teach the home crowd a thing or three...

Comment

• cloughie
                                • Dec 2011

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
                                Buddies came back from one-down to grab all three points at Fir Park tonight. Still third bottom, but a wee bit of daylight between us and the two teams below us...good result!
                                Nice one jc, I’ve forgotten what grabbing all three points is like!

Comment

Working...
                                X