Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stanfordian
    • Dec 2010

Buildbase FA Trophy match AFC Fylde v Southport.

A good 4-1 win for cup holders AFC Fylde against National League North team Southport who looked a lot better than their last four games (all defeats) suggest.

The players all did well in this game played in terrible weather!

Comment

• gurnemanz
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
      Swindon appear to be one of clubs that has the most swings of fortune, changing tiers on a regular basis from season to season - I suppose it always keeps fans interested, always fighting something and mid-table mediocrity rarely features!
      ... like Palace who have been a classic yo-yo team long term. Current Premier sojourn is a bit of an aberration.

Comment

• johncorrigan
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by gurnemanz View Post
        ... like Palace who have been a classic yo-yo team long term. Current Premier sojourn is a bit of an aberration.
        Good manager, gurney. Hodgson continues to be able to get good responses from players and display good energy, it seems to me.

Comment

• eighthobstruction
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
          Good manager, gurney. Hodgson continues to be able to get good responses from players and display good energy, it seems to me.
          ....one has to remember he hasn't got Harry Kane to take Palaces corners....

.....Rovers on downward yoyo stroke at mo'....
          bong ching

Comment

• antongould
            • Nov 2010

Toon 4 Rochdale 1

I was there ..... !!! on a £6 OAP ticket with the family
            .... I have played in better defences than Rochdale’s .......

Comment

• Edgy 2
              • Jan 2019

If you want to know the Stockport County result you can look it up yourself
              “Music is the best means we have of digesting time." — Igor Stravinsky

Comment

• johncorrigan
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Edgy 2 View Post
                Yikes! Dorky performance I assume, Rob. I notice you've got Hartlepool in a couple of weeks - need to raise your game for that one.

Originally posted by antongould View Post
                Toon 4 Rochdale 1

I was there ..... !!! on a £6 OAP ticket with the family
                .... I have played in better defences than Rochdale’s .......
                Sounds like a bargain night out to beat them January blues, anton.

Comment

• cloughie
                  • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Edgy 2 View Post
                  Never mind all efforts can now be focussed on the return to League Two!

Comment

• Edgy 2
                    • Jan 2019

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
                    Never mind all efforts can now be focussed on the return to League Two!

Look out EFL,the filthy rich Hatters are on their way back

Stockport County FC, which currently competes in the Vanarama National League, are pleased to confirm the sale of the Club...
                    “Music is the best means we have of digesting time." — Igor Stravinsky

Comment

• johncorrigan
                      • Nov 2010

The winter break concludes and we have a potential cup banana skin for the Buddies v the mighty Broxburn Athletic in Paisley today. Never 'eard of them...that's Broxburn, by the way, in case you were wondering.
                      By the way, I notice Fort William got a 1-0 win away to Clachnacuddin last night...now that's a name to wrap your tongue around.

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
                        Host
                        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
                        By the way, I notice Fort William got a 1-0 win away to Clachnacuddin last night...now that's a name to wrap your tongue around.
                        Impressive, isn't it. Two wins already this season.

Comment

• antongould
                          • Nov 2010

Yeovil 2 Hangers 2

Good point well made ........

Comment

• teamsaint
                            • Nov 2010

A forum derby at at SMS on a lovely winters day finally tipped Wolves' way after a full blooded and pretty exciting encounter. Saints were excellent in the first half, restricting Wolves to a couple of half chances, and producing two good goals themselves. The score probably flattered us a bit , but we came out for the second half full of it, and looking hungry for more. The game turned on Wolves first goal, which developed from a rather loose piece of defensive work, the sort of thing that Wolves are good at exploiting. After that, everything went their way , three VAR decisions ( quite possibly all good calls) a Redmond shot which skimmed the bar, and Saints flaky defence showing its weaker side.

A good afternoons entertainment, though ultimately very disappointing for Saints fans, who I think would have taken a point before KO. Still, we'd have taken where we are like a shot a few weeks ago, and most of the signs are cautiously positive. Two tough games upcoming, Palace and Liverpool away, which means our first 6 games of the second half of fixtures will have been against top half teams.
                            I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• antongould
                              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by antongould View Post
                              Yeovil 2 Hangers 2

Good point well made ........
                              Toon 1 Pensioners 0

Big 3 points ......

Comment

• johncorrigan
                                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
                                A forum derby at at SMS on a lovely winters day finally tipped Wolves' way after a full blooded and pretty exciting encounter. Saints were excellent in the first half, restricting Wolves to a couple of half chances, and producing two good goals themselves. The score probably flattered us a bit , but we came out for the second half full of it, and looking hungry for more. The game turned on Wolves first goal, which developed from a rather loose piece of defensive work, the sort of thing that Wolves are good at exploiting. After that, everything went their way , three VAR decisions ( quite possibly all good calls) a Redmond shot which skimmed the bar, and Saints flaky defence showing its weaker side.

A good afternoons entertainment, though ultimately very disappointing for Saints fans, who I think would have taken a point before KO. Still, we'd have taken where we are like a shot a few weeks ago, and most of the signs are cautiously positive. Two tough games upcoming, Palace and Liverpool away, which means our first 6 games of the second half of fixtures will have been against top half teams.
                                Too bad you didn't come away with anything except entertainment, ts. The Buddies struggled to get past the mighty Broxburn (), but eventually ran out reasonable 3-0 winners. Tough draw in the next round v runaway Championship leaders, Dundee United.
                                Rangers and Aberdeen coming up in the league in the next week - a couple of points from that bunch would be a big bonus for us.

Comment

Working...
                                X