Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • antongould
    • Nov 2010

Hangers 4 (FOUR!!!!!!) Wrexham 2 .........

Comment

• cloughie
      • Dec 2011

Originally posted by antongould View Post
      Hangers 4 (FOUR!!!!!!) Wrexham 2 .........
      League 2 in the binoculars?

Didn’t realise you’ve got Toure and Bale playing for you now!
      Last edited by cloughie; 26-08-19, 17:37.

Comment

• eighthobstruction
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by gurnemanz View Post
        I gather Palace fans gave voice to a rousing rendition of "Champions League, you're having a laugh!" at Old Trafford on Saturday.

Sorry to go on .... we don't get days like that very often.
        bong ching

Comment

• antongould
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
          League 2 in the binoculars?

Didn’t realise you’ve got Toure and Bale playing for you now!
          Hardly cloughers but I am sure our big signings made headlines in the Truro Times ....

Comment

• Edgy 2
            • Jan 2019

Stockport County 2 Chesterfield 0 In the play offs
            “Music is the best means we have of digesting time." — Igor Stravinsky

Comment

• LMcD
              • Sep 2017

What IS it that leads people to want to buy a struggling football club? Is it a sense of local pride, a personal and practical expression of a love of the sport in general, a means of avoiding tax, or a sign of self-aggrandisement? The other night we watched a programme on More4 about a chap who bought an A4 Gresley Pacific for £4500. I'm guessing he derived more pleasure for himself, and gave more to many others, than he would have done if he'd ploughed his money into the perilous world of EFL club ownership.

Comment

• cloughie
                • Dec 2011

Originally posted by LMcD View Post
                What IS it that leads people to want to buy a struggling football club? Is it a sense of local pride, a personal and practical expression of a love of the sport in general, a means of avoiding tax, or a sign of self-aggrandisement? The other night we watched a programme on More4 about a chap who bought an A4 Gresley Pacific for £4500. I'm guessing he derived more pleasure for himself, and gave more to many others, than he would have done if he'd ploughed his money into the perilous world of EFL club ownership.
                Just a case of which bottomless pit to cast your riches. Not that I have the resources required but if the choice ever came between ‘Mallard’ and the ‘Owls’ I would have a major decision to make!

Comment

• vinteuil
                  • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Constantbee View Post
                  Now, is it ethical to bet against your own team? That's what I want to know...
                  ... but of course. Other things being equal, you should always bet against the outcome you (really) desire - that way you always win (something).

Comment

• antongould
                    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by vinteuil View Post
                    ... but of course. Other things being equal, you should always bet against the outcome you (really) desire - that way you always win (something).

Exactly vints ..... I was at the Durham v Yorkshire T20 cricket match a few nights ago and when Durham’s star overseas import was bowled I took the very generous odds of 14/1 Yorkshire ..... if only I been more unethical ......

Comment

• Alison
                      • Nov 2010

Any predictions Newcastle United v Leicester City? I was afraid Andy Carroll might step in and score a couple against us but understand he’s Injured ... again!!

Comment

• gurnemanz
                        • Nov 2010

Palace v Colchester. All gone quiet over here.

Comment

• antongould
                          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Alison View Post
                          Any predictions Newcastle United v Leicester City? I was afraid Andy Carroll might step in and score a couple against us but understand he’s Injured ... again!!
                          It has all the makings of yet another Newcastle false dawn to me ......

Comment

• LezLee
                            • Apr 2019

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
                            Just a case of which bottomless pit to cast your riches. Not that I have the resources required but if the choice ever came between ‘Mallard’ and the ‘Owls’ I would have a major decision to make!
                            Do you get free delivery with Mallard or would you have to go and collect it? Have you got a line in your garden?

Comment

• teamsaint
                              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by vinteuil View Post

Disagree. You should be prepared to bet against your desired outcome, but you should bet when the odds favour the punter, which is usually when the bookies want to get money in on an particular outcome.
                              I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• gurnemanz
                                • Nov 2010

I see Eric Cantona has received a UEFA award which "not only recognises his career as a player of the highest calibre, but also honours him for the person he is". He is certainly a great footballer and character. He gave up top level football aged 30 to become an actor and take on the captaincy of the French beach football team, a job which did not involve having to go to bed early. Presumably, they didn't consider the Palace defender, Ricky Shaw, who very successfully marked him out of the game at Selhurst Park in 1995. When Cantona responded by kicking Shaw in the backside, he was shown a red card and on his way off the pitch he famously kungfu kicked a Palace fan who suggested he might like to go back (expressed in more blunt terms) to France.

Comment

Working...
                                X