Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LMcD
    • Sep 2017

The Saints have just fired their manager.

Comment

• teamsaint
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by LMcD View Post
      Quick off the Mark there L !!

Bit of a surprise, thats another lot of wages to find until Sparky gets rehired , as well as a defence.
      I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• LMcD
        • Sep 2017

I just happened to be on the BBC News home page!
        Hard to believe that between 1955 and 1985 they had just 2 managers. I used to go to The Dell quite often during the Ted Bates era when I worked and then studied in Southampton, so I guess I retain a degree of interest in the club's progress. Perhaps they'll end up coming to Portman Road next season (searches in vain for a 'hands clasped in prayer' emoticon for both teams).

Comment

• teamsaint
          • Nov 2010

I just happened to be on the BBC News home page!
          Hard to believe that between 1955 and 1985 they had just 2 managers. I used to go to The Dell quite often during the Ted Bates era when I worked and then studied in Southampton, so I guess I retain a degree of interest in the club's progress. Perhaps they'll end up coming to Portman Road next season (searches in vain for a 'hands clasped in prayer' emoticon for both teams).
          I've seen Ipswich quite a bit on TV this season ( quite enjoying the Weds night red button games on SKY) . Seems to me that they have good spirit, reasonable organisation , a decent manager, but a desperate lack of quality. A couple of good loans at Xmas might just turn things round.
          I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

Comment

• antongould
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
            I certainly wouldn’t over-praise ours but there seems to be a certain attraction in the other choice at the moment, whe losing the plot and matches are in tandem!
            You only have 2 wishes left ts ...... obviously Big Sam will be one .......

Comment

• teamsaint
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by antongould View Post
              You only have 2 wishes left ts ...... obviously Big Sam will be one .......
              Looks as though Sam may have to wait for some other crisis club, AG.

Too late for a cheeky bet on Ralph Hassenhutl, who is red hot favourite, and would be very popular with the fans, FWIW.

In related news, it seems that a point against Man Utd isn't enough to save a managers job these days.

Comment

• cloughie
                • Dec 2011

A pity it isn’t the Owls!

Comment

• gurnemanz
                  • Nov 2010

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
                  Too late for a cheeky bet on Ralph Hassenhutl, who is red hot favourite, and would be very popular with the fans, FWIW.

Great name - means "rabbit hutch".

Comment

• teamsaint
                    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by gurnemanz View Post
                    Great name - means "rabbit hutch".

Well you’d know, but Saints fans had google translated already !!

We are eagerly awaiting a chance to start up with

“ Give us an H.....give us a A................etc...... etc ..........give us a U with an umlaut .......”

Comment

• Alison
                      • Nov 2010

Poor old Sparky.

Could see him at Wednesday somehow.

Comment

• Alison
                        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
                        I've seen Ipswich quite a bit on TV this season ( quite enjoying the Weds night red button games on SKY) . Seems to me that they have good spirit, reasonable organisation , a decent manager, but a desperate lack of quality. A couple of good loans at Xmas might just turn things round.
                        All very true Sainty. Feel very sorry for Ipswich fans right now but situation not hopeless as you say.

Comment

• jayne lee wilson
                          Banned
                          • Jul 2011

I was amazed when I heard about this....
                          Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp accepts a charge of misconduct for running on to the pitch after his side's 96th-minute winner against Everton.

Throwing a misconduct charge at uncontrollable emotion...

I mean, seriously? The guy was overcome with a 96th-minute fiercely-contested Derby winner.... it was spontaneous, it doesn't matter if a given pundit calls it "unprecedented" (it certainly isn't, all the way back to David Pleat's famous last-day sprint...).

I feel exactly the same about booking a player for pulling their shirt off after a goal...
                          Quite simply - who does it hurt? If Everton had won in similar fashion, oh I'd hate it yes - but I wouldn't object to the way anyone celebrated...

Not at a moment like that. I was going pretty scatty around the room here, like many thousands of others I'm sure...

But what do you all think? I'm genuinely interested, ​without prejudice. Not here merely to be contentious.
                          For me heat-of-the-moment emotion is so much of the point about following football. You have the wildest ups and downs (just think of that appalling CL final v Real, in Kiev back in May....everything that could go wrong, did.....took me days to recover and my neighbours actually went out there.. well, imagine.)

Players, spectators and yes - managers - deserve our uncontained euphoria. Those moments don't come around too often after all....

Comment

• Stanfordian
                            • Dec 2010

Originally posted by jayne lee wilson View Post
                            I was amazed when I heard about this....
                            Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp accepts a charge of misconduct for running on to the pitch after his side's 96th-minute winner against Everton.

Throwing a misconduct charge at uncontrollable emotion...

I mean, seriously? The guy was overcome with a 96th-minute fiercely-contested Derby winner.... it was spontaneous, it doesn't matter if a given pundit calls it "unprecedented" (it certainly isn't, all the way back to David Pleat's famous last-day sprint...).

I feel exactly the same about booking a player for pulling their shirt off after a goal...
                            Quite simply - who does it hurt? If Everton had won in similar fashion, oh I'd hate it yes - but I wouldn't object to the way anyone celebrated...

Not at a moment like that. I was going pretty scatty around the room here, like many thousands of others I'm sure...

But what do you all think? I'm genuinely interested, ​without prejudice. Not here merely to be contentious.
                            For me heat-of-the-moment emotion is so much of the point about following football. You have the wildest ups and downs (just think of that appalling CL final v Real, in Kiev back in May....everything that could go wrong, did.....took me days to recover and my neighbours actually went out there.. well, imagine.)

Players, spectators and yes - managers - deserve our uncontained euphoria. Those moments don't come around too often after all....
                            Klopp deserves a ten match touchline ban for being disrespectful to the opposition. He could have incited a riot.

As a Man Utd fan Mourinho has no class and his ability is suspect. He deserves to be hung, drawn and quartered for disrespecting the reputation of the club both on and off the field. I believe the day of his sacking is not far away.
                            Last edited by Stanfordian; 04-12-18, 14:28.

Comment

• Alison
                              • Nov 2010

Isn’t this about where Mr Klopp celebrated?

In my book this was completely excusable in the context of yesterday’s incident. Nevertheless I wouldn’t want managers routinely coming on to the pitch for goal celebrations.

Perhaps to let him off would be to make it difficult to sanction future perpetrators.

Comment

• zola
                                • May 2011

Originally posted by jayne lee wilson View Post

The FA make a rod for their own back and the least they can do is to be consistent. It was the second high profile 96th minute goal in a couple of months and if Chelsea assistant coach Marco Ianni was charged, then Klopp had to be. Another point made is what if Klopp had behaved like that at Goodison rather than at Anfield ?

Comment

Working...
                                X