• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Beef Oven!
    Ex-member
    • Sep 2013

Oh no they've scored

We had the game in our hands for over an hour and couldn't capitalise with a second goal because of all that caked-up nonsense (especially from Sterling) in the last 20 yards of the field. We've thrown it away.

Last ditch, bring on Vardy or Welbeck, or both ().

Comment

• eighthobstruction
      • Nov 2010

....it's the normal England that plays boring trepidacious friendly internationals....that has turned up - Lingard off Welbeck on , Loftus Cheek for Alli....s/be at the end of 90 minutes....I've been out for a walk since 90, and came in just as croatia scored....
      bong ching

Comment

• Lat-Literal
        • Aug 2015

The Lincolnshire coast is unspectacular but nice - and cheap from my point of view, not that I need to count.

In the Premier League, Rashford has scored once in every eight hours or just under.

Comment

• eighthobstruction
          • Nov 2010

....I think Trippier and Young were much more tired than they may have admitted....that's a naive end where croatia easily passed around and thro' us....never mind eh?
          bong ching

Comment

• Beef Oven!
            Ex-member
            • Sep 2013

So frustrating. We had it in our hands. And their manager knew it.

We lost for two reasons.

First, we had nothing in the last 25 yards except for Sterling's inane, noodling that congested everything, allowed no openings and gifted the Croat defence with regrouping at every attack. This meant that we had no options for our most potent weapon - Harry Kane.

Second, we had real stinkers from creative midfield like Alli and Lingard. Absolute stinkers.

In short, we let them off the hook.

Well done Croatia for sticking with it - I hope they beat France on Sunday.

Comment

• eighthobstruction
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Beef Oven! View Post
              So frustrating. We had it in our hands. And their manager knew it.

We lost for two reasons.

First, we had nothing in the last 25 yards except for Sterling's inane, noodling that congested everything, allowed no openings and gifted the Croat defence with regrouping at every attack. This meant that we had no options for our most potent weapon - Harry Kane.

Second, we had real stinkers from creative midfield like Alli and Lingard. Absolute stinkers.

In short, we let them off the hook.

Well done Croatia for sticking with it - I hope they beat France on Sunday.
              ....yep
              bong ching

Comment

• eighthobstruction
                • Nov 2010

.....did we end up with 10 men or did it just seem that way....>??
                bong ching

Comment

• Lat-Literal
                  • Aug 2015

The gross scapegoatism among many contributors - Sterling, 5 foot 7, born Jamaica, some psychological diffilculties and a major contributor to the victories in the view of people who know about football - was despicable and it proved to be England's downfall. We are looking now to a World Cup winning team who have, in effect, stolen the crown jewels from Africa.

It ain't France.

Umtiti, Pogba, Mbappe, N'zonzi, Kante, Matuuidi …….it is an Africa acquired by the French Empire.

ie Theft.

Comment

• eighthobstruction
                    • Nov 2010

....next time an ALL Yorkshire team....
                    bong ching

Comment

• Beef Oven!
                      Ex-member
                      • Sep 2013

Originally posted by Lat-Literal View Post
                      The scapegoatism - Sterling, 5 foot 7, born Jamaica, some psychological diffilculties and a major contributor to the victories in people who know about football - among many contributors were despicable and ultimately proved to be England's downfall. We are looking now to a World Cup winning team who have, in effect, stolen the crown jewels from Africa.
                      Your right, it's not that I don't like Sterling because of his statistically proven appalling international performances, it's because he's black, Jamaican and short. I own up. It's all down to racism and hating people, who especially are short and born in Jamaica.

I also accept I don't know much about football.

Comment

• Lat-Literal
                        • Aug 2015

Your right, Its not that I don't like Sterling because of his performances, it's because he's black, Jamaican and short. I own up. It's all down to racism and hating people who specially, who are short and born in Jamaica.

I also accept I don't know much about football.
                        In Beef Oven 1 that isn't likely to be correct.

In Beef Oven 2, which is behind the frontal layer of the retina, it is likely to be correct.

You weren't the only one.

All in the category would have found it impossible to have chosen 23 players who were 6 feet 4 whites born in Scunthorpe and with no guns on their legs.

Comment

• Beef Oven!
                          Ex-member
                          • Sep 2013

In Beef Oven 1 that isn't likely to be correct.

In Beef Oven 2, which is behind the frontal layer of the retina, it is likely to be correct.

You weren't the only one.

All in the category would have found it impossible to have chosen 23 players who were 6 feet 4 whites born in Scunthorpe and with no guns on their legs.
                          You've put it very succinctly what I've been trying to say throughout this thread. If we'd have played tall white English players who weren't born in places like Jamaica, we'd have won the tournament.

Comment

• Lat-Literal
                            • Aug 2015

You've put it very succinctly what I've been trying to say throughout this thread. If we'd have played tall white English players who weren't born in places like Jamaica, we'd have won the tournament.
                            You weren't born in Jamaica?

At a pivotal point in my life, fleeting, I had a black Jamaican mother in my mind : teacher, hospital visitor with the gift of an upside down book - and have always found that helpful.

Oh who...you've altered it. I don't know about that butterflyism. All I can do is note it.

Comment

• Beef Oven!
                              Ex-member
                              • Sep 2013

You weren't born in Jamaica?

At a pivotal point in my life, fleeting, I had a black Jamaican mother in my mind : Teacher, hospital visitor with the gift of an upside down book - and have always found that helpful.
                              I think if I'd had a black Jamaican mother, I might have allowed one or two black players in the team, but certainly not Sterling.

Comment

• Lat-Literal
                                • Aug 2015

I think if I'd had a black Jamaican mother, I might have allowed one or two black players in the team, but certainly not Sterling.
                                Fair enough but it's theoretical - I had one in my interpretation.

I have never been wholly persuaded by external opinions.

All of this is a bit of a sideshow to Sterling coming off and then we lost.

Comment

Working...
                                X