Qobuz leaving legacy OSX systems behind ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Anastasius
    • Mar 2015

Qobuz leaving legacy OSX systems behind ?

Fired up Qobuz the other day to get a splash message which, after a bit of translation, told me that the current version was being replaced and to download the newest version.

Only trouble is, that newest version mandates later OSX operating systems then Mavericks?

Have I got that straight?
    Fewer Smart things. More smart people.
  • Dave2002
    • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Anastasius View Post
    Fired up Qobuz the other day to get a splash message which, after a bit of translation, told me that the current version was being replaced and to download the newest version.

Only trouble is, that newest version mandates later OSX operating systems then Mavericks?

Have I got that straight?
    Very probably. I've seen this message in ML, but haven't checked for El C. it's a bit of a nuisance as ML is on my MBP which is perhaps the one I've used most with Qobuz. Was still going recently though - but how long will that last?

Comment

• Anastasius
      • Mar 2015

Not just ML but Mavericks also. I could upgrade (but don't want to) on my Mac to Yosemite but not on the laptop as it is too old. So why should I be forced to go out and spend money just because of some new gizmo that Qobuz say I 'must have' even though I probably don't want it. You'e right..I'm not being forced to but I am if I wish to carry on using Qobuz and I object to that.

If I upgrade the main iMac then that will be at the expense of losing the ability to run a few odd programs...not sure how many TBH but, see my other post, life is too short and I can't be bothered. It's the line of least resistance. Do I waste a lot of time checking ALL my programs to see if they run on Yosemite or El C or do I save 9.99 euros a month and tell Qobuz to go swivel? No contest.

Au revoir.
      Fewer Smart things. More smart people.

Comment

• richardfinegold
        • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Anastasius View Post
        Not just ML but Mavericks also. I could upgrade (but don't want to) on my Mac to Yosemite but not on the laptop as it is too old. So why should I be forced to go out and spend money just because of some new gizmo that Qobuz say I 'must have' even though I probably don't want it. You'e right..I'm not being forced to but I am if I wish to carry on using Qobuz and I object to that.

If I upgrade the main iMac then that will be at the expense of losing the ability to run a few odd programs...not sure how many TBH but, see my other post, life is too short and I can't be bothered. It's the line of least resistance. Do I waste a lot of time checking ALL my programs to see if they run on Yosemite or El C or do I save 9.99 euros a month and tell Qobuz to go swivel? No contest.

Au revoir.
        The Joys of Streaming. At least your CDs and lps don't require new hardware updates just to be played

Comment

Working...
        X