Come on, you Have-a-Go Heroes! Be a Radio 3 Presenter!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kernelbogey
    • Nov 2010

Thank you. I just took a little wander down amnesia lane because of the last two posts... Sorry, off topic!

Comment

• french frank
      Administrator/Moderator
      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by kernelbogey View Post
      Thank you. I just took a little wander down amnesia lane because of the last two posts... Sorry, off topic!
      Could be an R3 presenter's inter music link, kb!

(I do remember KD's: "It always amazes me that Jean Sibelius lived until 1957 - which means he will have listened to Elvis." Note: not 'he might have heard' but 'he will have listened')
      It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• ahinton
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by french frank View Post
        Could be an R3 presenter's inter music link, kb!

(I do remember KD's: "It always amazes me that Jean Sibelius lived until 1957 - which means he will have listened to Elvis." Note: not 'he might have heard' but 'he will have listened')
        Quite. Mon Dieu! - I'd not heard that one before; there's really no end to her solipsistic solecisms, is there?! She could have committed the same gaffe with Grechaninov (assuming that she's heard of him). One might as easily say "it always amazes me that Isaac Stern lived until 2001 - which means he will have listened to Katie"...

Comment

• Lat-Literal
          • Aug 2015

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
          Ever thought "I could do better than that?"

Test your theory:

Come on, anton!

At first glimpse, I thought the figure behind the piano was Andy Kershaw.

Comment

• oddoneout
            • Nov 2015

Originally posted by french frank View Post
            (I do remember KD's: "It always amazes me that Jean Sibelius lived until 1957 )
            My initial reaction was 'why does it amaze her?' Did he defy medical science, should he have died in, say, 1950? Did his stars predict an earlier demise?
            The stupid thing is that if thought out carefully and phrased intelligently there would have been no harm in alluding to other music(or should I say musical genres to protect those of delicate sensibilities?) that was(were) around at that time

Comment

• oddoneout
              • Nov 2015

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
              [COLOR="#0000FF"]Ever thought "I could do better than that?"

Test your theory:

Nothing like reinforcing an attitude that London is the only place where R3 presenters could be found - or is the pod going to take up its bed and travel the country in search of talent?

Comment

Working...
              X