• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sydney Grew
    Banned
    • Mar 2007

The corporation doesn't like my combinations

Why does the Corporation think it has the right to know one's personal and private email address?

I have been attempting to respond to the many points raised by Mr. Davey here:

Controller Alan Davey reflects on the latest RAJAR figures and the thinking which underpins a strong performance for the network.

but the only responses I receive are

"This combination isn't right" (although it - Arbiter - worked well three years ago)

or

"Give us your e-mail"

Who told the Corporation that they had the right to demand my personal and private email address?

Who is running the show?

[In the end I gave up and posted my intended response HERE instead.]
  • french frank
    Administrator/Moderator
    • Feb 2007

Perhaps the blog you cite is simply closed now, as it refers back to the previous set of pleasing listening figures, for Quarter 1. Since then we have seen the rather better Quarter 2 figures, published on Thursday. As to your comment that 'Pride comes before a fall', as Mr Davey commented to me only two days ago (in imitation of Herodotus, I take it): "Fortune, being a wheel, goes down as well as up, taking men's affairs with it." So he is well aware of his perilous position.
    It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• oddoneout
      • Nov 2015

Originally posted by french frank View Post
      , being a wheel, goes down as well as up,
      I thought they went round and round.Good thing he's not a car mechanic.

Comment

• french frank
        Administrator/Moderator
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by oddoneout View Post
        I thought they went round and round.Good thing he's not a car mechanic.
        http://giphy.com/gifs/zu-fortuna-whe...rBrd8sI6yCLUVG

“Men’s fortunes are on a wheel, which in its turning suffers not the same man to prosper for ever.” —Herodotus
        It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• oddoneout
          • Nov 2015

Sorry ff I was being facetious, prompted partly by irritation at the poor paraphrase.

Comment

• french frank
            Administrator/Moderator
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by oddoneout View Post
            prompted partly by irritation at the poor paraphrase.
            Heh, heh - I suspect he was thinking specifically of the Rajar figures. Or even his investments

Comment

Working...
            X