• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jayne lee wilson
    Banned
    • Jul 2011

Originally posted by Ferretfancy View Post
    Guardian subscribed to and read daily --problem solved!

PS If you read the Guardian regularly you can qualify for a degree in Gynaeocology in a couple of years.
    God what sad tired misogyny... oh sorry, do I lack a sense of humour?

As a childlessly devoted daily G-subscriber I don't know how I'd have done without it these last three weeks (or ever, really). Always with a pile of Long Reads or G2s to catch up on....​perhaps the Guardian hits my G-spot ...

A keynote of its work this year has been reports on refugee immigrants, their suffering, lives broken, sometimes mended, sometimes not, but emphasising their individual life stories as human beings. A tough read sometimes, but no other paper attempts anything quite like it.

I can see the therapist's point about being happier avoiding the news but.... no judgement on those who do implied, I guess I just prefer to be gloomily aware. Then you get a terrible attack again like last night and... the news just seeks you out, a helplessly passive spectator, a despairing, distant passive victim of terrorism yet again...

24-Hour News has its irritations but if you're busy and need to catch up quickly it's invaluable. And the BBC or Sky versions have added attractions like late night newspaper reviews (often the only intelligent conversation I hear all day). I depend on them quite a bit.
    Last edited by jayne lee wilson; 15-07-16, 16:57.

Comment

Working...
    X