• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • french frank
    Administrator/Moderator
    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Frances_iom View Post
    I've given up on most of R3 other than evening concert and COTW - elsewhere it seems to me to be pop classics interspersed between trailers which appear to be the main product pushed by the Beeb - even the evening concert seems to be mostly drawn from a restricted repertoire these days. Not sure how R3 is supposed to be distinctive - maybe it is having even more intrusive adverts than CFm.
    I remember Roger Wright was asked whether Radio 3 was really 'in competition' with anything else. He said that it was in competition for people's time. And that's true because I've found other things to do than listen to the radio most of the time.

Nevertheless, I think that inasfar as anything has changed under the new regime, it's changed in the right direction. I've put a few more thoughts on the website, including a defiant picture of the Breakfast presenter who didn't get his photo on the BBC story

It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Working...
    X