Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • P. G. Tipps
    • Jun 2014

Nah, 'Jesuitical' has undoubted connotations, Flossie ....

In the case of my own education no connotations are required at all.

Comment

• ahinton
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by P. G. Tipps View Post
      Nah, 'Jesuitical' has undoubted connotations, Flossie ....

In the case of my own education no connotations are required at all.
      I wonder why that would be and what it might tell us (or do I?)...

Comment

• ahinton
        • Nov 2010

Certainly, if a book has Mr GongGong as its author I consider that might well be very sage advice, Mr GongGong!
        Unless you had read a book by MrGongGong and found it to be wanting in veracity, I do not believe that you would be qualified to make such a judgement; have you done this?

Comment

• P. G. Tipps
          • Jun 2014

Ahinton, why don't you just relax, pop into the kitchen and make yourself a nice cup of tea?

PG Tips I thoroughly recommend!

Comment

• Petrushka
            • Nov 2010

Am I the only one who has lost the will to live? 12 hours after last looking at this thread and they're still at it! Something strange indeed!

Perhaps AHinton, MrGG, PGT and one or two others might find something more useful in which to spend their day? Life's too short!
            "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

• P. G. Tipps
              • Jun 2014

Originally posted by Petrushka View Post
              Am I the only one who has lost the will to live? 12 hours after last looking at this thread and they're still at it! Something strange indeed!

Perhaps AHinton, MrGG, PGT and one or two others might find something more useful in which to spend their day? Life's too short!
              A sense of humour helps, Pet ...

Get back to yer boring Bruckner!

Comment

• ahinton
                • Nov 2010

Ahinton, why don't you just relax, pop into the kitchen and make yourself a nice cup of tea?

PG Tips I thoroughly recommend!
                I'm perfectly relaxed already, thank you. I will shortly pop into the kitchen in any case and prepare myself a nice single malt with a drop of water filtered through a reverse osmosis unit so as not to risk spoiling the taste of the water of life; I don't want a cup of tea at this time of day and, even if I did, I wouldn't touch PG Tips if you paid me (unless said payment was very substantial indeed) - no offence to you personally about that, but I'm not a great tea drinker at the best of times and I really cannot stand that stuff!

Comment

• ahinton
                  • Nov 2010

Well, I've just told PGT what I'm about to do and, once I've sent this post, I shall indeed do it!

Comment

• P. G. Tipps
                    • Jun 2014

Originally posted by ahinton View Post
                    Well, I've just told PGT what I'm about to do and, once I've sent this post, I shall indeed do it!
                    And quite right too, ahinton!

Comment

• Roslynmuse
                      • Jul 2011

I can't believe I've read (skimmed) it all either.

Comment

• ahinton
                        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Roslynmuse View Post
                        I can't believe I've read (skimmed) it all either.
                        Nor me. Losing the will to live? I've almost lost the will to be Scots! Don't even think to ask why. I did enjoy that much needed dram, however.

Now BACK TO THE TOPIC...

Comment

• P. G. Tipps
                          • Jun 2014

I've thoroughly enjoyed it and I'm sorry if others haven't.

The experience of the OP was most atypical and very interesting. As I said earlier there is nothing really more anyone can usefully add to the discussion as some of us cannot even agree on what we find weird/atypical/strange etc etc, the reaction to which was supposed to be the actual topic!

So a good time to bow out and let others try if they so wish ... good luck!

Comment

• ahinton
                            • Nov 2010

As I said earlier there is nothing really more anyone can usefully add to the discussion as some of us cannot even agree on what we find weird/atypical/strange etc etc, the reaction to which was supposed to be the actual topic!
                            So a good time to bow out and let others try if they so wish ... good luck!
                            You have first decided that no one here can have anything useful to add to the discussion, which I think is rhather presumptuous.

Then you invite other to try (to add to the discussion) "if they so wish".

Which is it to be?

I think that it's up to each member to add to the discussion when they feel so disposed, without reference to whether P.G. Tipps, who seems unable to make up his mind about this, believes that there might be anything further to be added to it.

Ah, well...

Comment

Working...
                            X