X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aka Calum Da Jazbo
    Late member
    • Nov 2010

need to re read my early economic history.
    ... as do we all ....
    According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
      Late member
      • Nov 2010

after excluding the repurchase of preferred stock from Warren Buffet, Goldman still spent a hefty 140% of its net income buying its own shares last year — double the rate of 2009-10.

Furthermore, Goldman did not buy back its stock very opportunistically. In other words, Goldman did not “buy low.” The company paid an average of $128.33 for the shares it acquired in 2011, compared to a low tick for the year of $84.27 and a current quote of $111. Is it not a little strange that the same Wall Street firm that is supposed to be packed to the ceiling with genius traitors couldn’t trade its own stock any better than a raw amateur?

When stewards of the company are trying to build shareholder value through a share-repurchase strategy, they usually try to buy their stock on weakness…and only on weakness. By contrast, when the stewards are trying to build personal checking account value, they buy their stock aggressively, no matter the price.

Read more: Goldman Sachs is a "Sell" http://dailyreckoning.com/goldman-sa...#ixzz1lEECMqHn

how to milk it eh ....
      According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• teamsaint
        • Nov 2010

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Its not clear what may be happening here........but looks like there is either world class money laundering, or perhaps some very clever economic extortion going on.
        I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
          Late member
          • Nov 2010

i wish i could write polemic like this

I guess IDS knew his place at Sandhurst just as I once knew mine. Until I realised that most menial work leads to more menial work. The idea that this is the stepping stone is as much of a fantasy as The X Factor. The stepping stone is education. That's what makes you free, not work. Now the young are to pay for that and work for nothing? And all while most of our political and media class spout lousy morality tales about lousy jobs while undermining even the basic minimum wage. Please.

As the graffiti I saw the other day said: "Sorry, the lifestyle you ordered is currently out of stock." I tell you who really needs "work experience". Much of this government.

Comment

Working...
          X