• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pulcinella
    Host
    • Feb 2014

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post

AG's late night teaser was Mother: Paul Simon's Mother and Child Reunion,Dvorak Songs My Mother taught me, and Ravel's Mother Goose.
    Those were my solutions too (eventually!).
    Lots of welcoming (goose) bumps from me, ts.
    (I particularly liked that hint in the puzzle, ag!)
    Hope the footy goes well for your team.

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
      Host
      • Nov 2010

Got a bit confused reading backwards. Well solved teams and a bump for the current puzzle:

An N to link

The bridge that Richard tried first.

Some rather Jazzy birdsong.

Ben pushing the envelope.
      which seems rather a classic at first sight i.e. not a clue at Caliban Towers
      "...the isle is full of noises,
      Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
      Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
      Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• antongould
        • Nov 2010

please feel free to ignore my post, and I'll get on with weeding and the footy.

AG's late night teaser was Mother: Paul Simon's Mother and Child Reunion,Dvorak Songs My Mother taught me, and Ravel's Mother Goose.

I feel infracted.
        Which would be a decent song title, IMO.
        100% correct ts - will give your new one serious consideration this evening as, quite by chance, Lady Gould has me on weeding duty too .... As Rumpole observes it looks a classic that may bring the big hitters back to the wicket ....

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
          Gone fishin'
          • Sep 2011

An N to link

The bridge that Richard tried first.

Some rather Jazzy birdsong.

Ben pushing the envelope.
          If I'm right (and Richard's bridge is causing concern) - isn't it a little too early in the day for this?
          [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• antongould
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
            If I'm right (and Richard's bridge is causing concern) - isn't it a little too early in the day for this?
            I'll get this flashed up on the mega screen at The Dell (or wherever) ferney .....

Comment

• teamsaint
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by antongould View Post
              I'll get this flashed up on the mega screen at The Dell (or wherever) ferney .....
              No need AG. Ferney's accurate insights can reach even this far south, on the last day of the season.
              I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
                Gone fishin'
                • Sep 2011

No need AG. Ferney's accurate insights can reach even this far south, on the last day of the season.
                Well, I'm getting

Ben Britten pushing the envelope via the Night Mail
                An extract from Night Mail. A 1936 documentary film.Poem by W. H. Auden.Music by Benjamin Britten.Narrated by John Grierson

Enrico Pieranunzi's Night Bird
                Chet Baker recording from January 1980. Composition by the italian pianist Enrico PieranunziChet Baker- Trumpet Enrico Pieranunzi - PianoMaurizio Giammarco -...

... but Richard's bridge-trying activities are proving a nightmare?!

Comment

• teamsaint
                  • Nov 2010

Well, I'm getting

Ben Britten pushing the envelope via the Night Mail
                  An extract from Night Mail. A 1936 documentary film.Poem by W. H. Auden.Music by Benjamin Britten.Narrated by John Grierson

Enrico Pieranunzi's Night Bird
                  Chet Baker recording from January 1980. Composition by the italian pianist Enrico PieranunziChet Baker- Trumpet Enrico Pieranunzi - PianoMaurizio Giammarco -...

... but Richard's bridge-trying activities are proving a nightmare?!
                  No Need to panic at this stage.

Edit: A capital effort so far Ferney. More Capital than my original Clue from the Bridge

and the Jazz is close but no cigar....but you won't get the bird. (you're Not searching for anything very obscure.)

( more later, after grub and calming down from the footy...)
                  Last edited by teamsaint; 15-05-16, 19:12.
                  I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
                    Gone fishin'
                    • Sep 2011

No Need to panic at this stage.

Edit: A capital effort so far Ferney. More Capital than my original Clue from the Bridge

and the Jazz is close but no cigar....but you won't get the bird. (you're Not searching for anything very obscure.)

( more later, after grub and calming down from the footy...)
                    'old on! You've changed this since I last looked at it - about three hours ago, before I started googling everything I could find about Richard I and bridges and night. (The sum of which resulted in ziltch!)

So - can we clarify that Night is the word on the card?

Comment

• teamsaint
                      • Nov 2010

'old on! You've changed this since I last looked at it - about three hours ago, before I started googling everything I could find about Richard I and bridges and night. (The sum of which resulted in ziltch!)

So - can we clarify that Night is the word on the card?
                      I think I was trying to be helpful ! Apologies if you wore google out.
                      Anyway the Richard in question was not so much the King of the Car Park, more , you might say, King of the Welsh. For a time, at least.

The Night will be clear enough.

Comment

• antongould
                        • Nov 2010

Richard Barrett is Welsh .... this is merely an observation .... much as Ronald Koeman is Dutch .... all double Ronald Koeman to me at present ......

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
                          Gone fishin'
                          • Sep 2011

But the king of the car park wasn't "the First", but "the Third".

Is it Elliott Carter?

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
                            Gone fishin'
                            • Sep 2011

Going back to Jazzy birdsong - is it Charlie Parker and A Night in Tunisia?

From the 2005 Membran box set "Now's The Time".Disc 2, Track 15.The Famous Alto Break from 1:17.

Comment

• Pulcinella
                              Host
                              • Feb 2014

Originally posted by antongould View Post
                              Richard Barrett is Welsh .... this is merely an observation .... much as Ronald Koeman is Dutch .... all double Ronald Koeman to me at present ......
                              I knew we'd be in for testing times once teamsaint came on board!
                              Last edited by Pulcinella; 16-05-16, 09:35. Reason: Unnecessary verbiage deleted.

Comment

• teamsaint
                                • Nov 2010

But the king of the car park wasn't "the First", but "the Third".

Is it Elliott Carter?
                                To be frank, no.

Comment

Working...
                                X