• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • subcontrabass
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
    Legends all, anton.

Yes

And to allow you to concentrate on your M, the numerical aspect is of course: the first trio of the above each composed a Legend; Moeran his Two Legends; Sibelius: Four Legends from the Kalevala Op. 22 (aka Lemminkäinen Suite); and Dvorak: the ten Legends Op. 59

Bax composed SIX works with "Legend(s)" in the title.

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
      Host
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by subcontrabass View Post

Bax composed SIX works with "Legend(s)" in the title.
      And he therefore did compose at least one piece called Legend in the singular, like Brian and Ireland.
      "...the isle is full of noises,
      Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
      Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
      Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
        Host
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by subcontrabass
        There are two just called "Legend" (for Violin and Piano, 1915, and for Viola and Piano, 1929).
        "...the isle is full of noises,
        Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
        Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
        Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• antongould
          • Nov 2010

For a wobbly M .....

Antonin's education, Paul's is back with the kid and bumps for Maurice ......

Comment

• antongould
            • Nov 2010

Excellent ts - only someone staying up for Eurovision would have the necessary parental guidance - however many strands of koleslaw you have at your disposal please .....

Comment

• antongould
              • Nov 2010

OMG has this happened before the correct answer has disappeared from the West .... ????

Comment

• teamsaint
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by antongould View Post
                OMG has this happened before the correct answer has disappeared from the West .... ????
                Busy day today, today, AG, not least last day of the season watching the team originally named after a particular church, the most senior one in the city, , so I thought I had better leave it for others to Make their Move....
                I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• antongould
                  • Nov 2010

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
                  Busy day today, today, AG, not least last day of the season watching the team originally named after a particular church, the most senior one in the city, , so I thought I had better leave it for others to Make their Move....
                  Enjoy dear boy ..... hope you manage to keep your manager .... we still look forward to a first S from sainty .... you never know if no one steps up to the plate today, you can pick up the baton again ....

Comment

• Pulcinella
                    Host
                    • Feb 2014

Here's hoping ts gets to join the club, though with his impressively wide range of interests and knowledge we can expect some significantly serious puzzles to solve.

I have an m to satisfy Antonin and Maurice, but am still wondering which Paul is involved.
                    Looking forward to the RFH concert tonight with dancing choreographed by a 'punk ballerina'; broadcast tomorrow on R3.

Comment

• antongould
                      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Pulcinella View Post
                      Here's hoping ts gets to join the club, though with his impressively wide range of interests and knowledge we can expect some significantly serious puzzles to solve.

I have an m to satisfy Antonin and Maurice, but am still wondering which Paul is involved.
                      Looking forward to the RFH concert tonight with dancing choreographed by a 'punk ballerina'; broadcast tomorrow on R3.
                      The Paul is probably not a classical composer in many eyes but someone who has darkness as an old buddy ....

Comment

• Pulcinella
                        Host
                        • Feb 2014

Yes, just discovered whose reunion you're talking about.

But if ts got there first he deserves the palm, so I shall leave it to him to discover the art behind setting the puzzles!

Comment

• antongould
                          • Nov 2010

Yes, just discovered whose reunion you're talking about.

But if ts got there first he deserves the palm, so I shall leave it to him to discover the art behind setting the puzzles!
                          Wonderfully sporting of you .... I too feel the nosegay should go to ts. And so we await an N ... anyway he can bring Chris Nicholl in ... ???

Comment

• teamsaint
                            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by antongould View Post
                            Wonderfully sporting of you .... I too feel the nosegay should go to ts. And so we await an N ... anyway he can bring Chris Nicholl in ... ???
                            oh Na****rs

anyway, thought up while weeding, and probably breaking every Mornington Crescent type rule in the book....

An N to link

The bridge that Richard tried first.

Some rather Jazzy birdsong.

Ben pushing the envelope.

Should be easy enough. I got it !!

(apologies for any infractions.)
                            I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

Comment

• Pulcinella
                              Host
                              • Feb 2014

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
                              oh Na****rs

anyway, thought up while weeding, and probably breaking every Mornington Crescent type rule in the book....

An N to link

The bridge that Richard tried first.

Some rather Jazzy birdsong.

Ben pushing the envelope.

Should be easy enough. I got it !!

(apologies for any infractions.)
                              You need to give us the answer to M and your reasoning, and get the setter's OK to proceed!

You probably did so, effectively, in the post you then deleted, as you got implicit approval from ag!

Welcome aboard.

Comment

• teamsaint
                                • Nov 2010

You need to give us the answer to M and your reasoning, and get the setter's OK to proceed!

You probably did so, effectively, in the post you then deleted, as you got implicit approval from ag!

Welcome aboard.
                                please feel free to ignore my post, and I'll get on with weeding and the footy.

AG's late night teaser was Mother: Paul Simon's Mother and Child Reunion,Dvorak Songs My Mother taught me, and Ravel's Mother Goose.

I feel infracted.
                                Which would be a decent song title, IMO.

Comment

Working...
                                X