Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Petrushka
    • Nov 2010

My spam filters appear to work very well and such stuff goes straight into junk and is simple to delete. The tax rebate one is very frequent (the word 'applicant' is always mis-spelt) but HMRC would never contact you in this way anyway so it's clearly dodgy.
    "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
      Host
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by mangerton View Post

(Scots is the only known language where a double positive equates to a negative.)
      Yeah, right.

Comment

• Anastasius
        • Mar 2015

Two aspects.

If one of your contacts gets their PC or email account hacked then there is little you can do except tell them and, if they are PC users, suggest that they put it in a box and donate it to charity. I have short-shrift with any PC owner who can't be bothered to keep their PC anti-nasty stuff up-to-date.

If you are with a decent email provider and/or ISP then they will already be filtering out the spam before it even gets to you. If you are not then you will get spam.

I have one 20+ year old Demon email address (still going strong even though I've told them I don't want it any more) and you'd expect it to be riddled with spam. Maybe it is. But I never see any. I might get two or three a month and they are then taken care of by SpamSieve. My ISP and email providers give excellent service, IMO, in the SFZ (spam free zone).
        Fewer Smart things. More smart people.

Comment

• alycidon
          • Feb 2013

It's certainly erratic. I receive mine through Outlook delivered by Yahoo, and regularly go through my trash folder in Outlook when I block all the senders that are a nuisance. This normally does the trick, but last Saturday, Sunday, and Monday, 15th to 17th August, I received a veritable blizzard of junk mail which I had to trash every half hour to keep my inbox manageable.

At this time also, I was unable to delete in Outlook for a few hours, and had to do so in Yahoo instead, suggesting that there was a fault of some sort with Outlook. Matters settled down by Tuesday, and I am now receiving a manageable number of emails. There was a glitch of some sort causing this.
          Money can't buy you happiness............but it does bring you a more pleasant form of misery - Spike Milligan

Comment

Working...
          X