X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bella Kemp
    • Aug 2014

Banned IP address

I have only now been able to login here after having been locked out of this site for some time since acquiring a new computer. Whenever I tried to login a message appeared telling me that the administrator had banned my ip address. Has anyone else ever encountered this problem? It seems to have resolved itself automatically.
  • french frank
    Administrator/Moderator
    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Bella Kemp View Post
    I have only now been able to login here after having been locked out of this site for some time since acquiring a new computer. Whenever I tried to login a message appeared telling me that the administrator had banned my ip address. Has anyone else ever encountered this problem? It seems to have resolved itself automatically.
    We have had problems when we've been flooded out with spammer bots and have had to ban whole segments of IP addresses to protect the forum. Occasionally this catches the innocent but it does sometimes resolve itself automatically for incomprehensible reasons. Sorry for the inconvenience.
    It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• Bella Kemp
      • Aug 2014

Thanks French Frank. No problem and all is well now

Comment

• kernelbogey
        • Nov 2010

Glad to see you back, Bella.

Comment

• Bella Kemp
          • Aug 2014

Thanks kernelbogey!