X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dave2002
    • Dec 2010

BT and accounting

I have had BT services for fibre broadband for over a year now, and have mostly been satisfied with them, apart from one major annoying accounting problem which I escalated up to the chairman, and eventually resolved with the help of someone in the executive team.

As a result I was reasonably happy recently to renew my subscription to avoid having to pay extra for BT Sport - which I hardly use anyway!

However, when I try to find out how much of my broadband allowance I'm now using - from the MyBT website - particularly relevant since the recent more extensive "testing" of Apple Music, I simply get the message

There was no chargeable usage in that period
    I'm not sure that this is because the BT charging/account monitoring is not working - (that's never been known before ) or because they may have upgraded me FOC to an unlimited broadband service. I know that they were offering to do so, but I haven't taken it further yet.

A major failing of the BT web site seems to be that although it is possible to change one's package it doesn't seem easy to find out what services are actually being provided. Thus if I want to upgrade or in some cases downgrade a package (though they try to stop that) that's possible - but it would be very helpful to know what services they are actually contracted to provide before any attempt to make a change is made.

Perhaps this is deliberate!
Working...
X