X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lat-Literal
    • Aug 2015

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
    I wouldn't imagine that privately-owned utility companies who wish to take money from UK customers will notice that Brexit is happening. The problems are more likely to arise from companies in the UK wishing to continue selling to the EU.
    I tracked via Google my re-branded local water company to Japanese energy, public and private - then on to obscure American energy firms mainly in Texas and ultimately links to Haliburton. Local officials were clearly nervous about that research because they fell silent when it was communicated along with the highlighting of the importance of water to shale. I am not completely up to date with it but I know that an element of the Japanese link fell when elements of the American-Japanese links fell. None of it speaks loudly to me of anything "EU" but I could be wrong. I think the main point there is there is absolute leeway for British administrations whether in EU or not as EU has no desire to regulate it.

Comment

• ahinton
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Lat-Literal View Post
      I tracked via Google my re-branded local water company to Japanese energy, public and private - then on to obscure American energy firms mainly in Texas and ultimately links to Haliburton. Local officials were clearly nervous about that research because they fell silent when it was communicated along with the highlighting of the importance of water to shale. I am not completely up to date with it but I know that an element of the Japanese link fell when elements of the American-Japanese links fell. None of it speaks loudly to me of anything "EU" but I could be wrong. I think the main point there is there is absolute leeway for British administrations whether in EU or not as EU has no desire to regulate it.
      It does not at all surprise me that public utility firms are foreign owned, although it would be interesting to ascertain how many such organisations in other EU nations are likewise.

Comment

• Barbirollians
        • Nov 2010

No Dame Ida Haendel again I see !

Comment

Working...
        X