X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MrGongGong
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by ahinton View Post
    Ah, thanks for the elucidation; now I know why I don't get performed at the Proms (at least according to you).

I think this was, at one time, more popular than Mozart or Elgar or any of the music played at the Proms

4,000,00 views , you can't argue with that can you Barbie?

Hey! Thanks to all the video recovered the 4,000.000 views! Thank you!Disclaimer: I don´t own the clips or the music.Clips: Toy story 3 (Disney) Barb...

Comment

• Barbirollians
      • Nov 2010

I think that you're sailing dangerously close to the wind here; what do you actually know, from a legal perspective, about ECHR in general and the possible application of its Article 3? For starters, has it occurred to you that, as a British citizen (which I assume you to be) you'd need first to try to bring a case under UK's own Human Rights Act 1998? (though against quite whom and on what specific grounds I have less than no idea)...
      Loads - I am a human rights lawyer and hence can make the joke .

As for your music AH - what is apparent of it in the public domain on YT for example - it does not fall into the screeching noise school as far as I can hear .

Comment

• MrGongGong
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Barbirollians View Post
        Fine - but as someone who works with the poor and disadvantaged nearly all of the time I have a pretty good idea of what impact much classical contemporary music would make on them .
        It's not d*ck of the week
        It's the "patronising comment of the week"

What on earth is "classical contemporary music" anyway?
        No one I know who creates music uses that phrase ????

Comment

• Barbirollians
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by MrGongGong View Post
          It's not d*ck of the week
          It's the "patronising comment of the week"

What on earth is "classical contemporary music" anyway?
          No one I know who creates music uses that phrase ????
          Then again some of those who do consider it appropriate to dismiss the music of composers who don't take account of or are not influenced by such music .

Comment

• ahinton
            • Nov 2010

Fine - but as someone who works with the poor and disadvantaged nearly all of the time I have a pretty good idea of what impact much classical contemporary music would make on them .
            Sez who and on what grounds? From the way that you write, I do wonder why it is that you have contrived to be charged with the responsibilities that you declare here; as you work with "the poor and disadvantaged nearly all of the time" (a worthy occupation indeed), I would hope and like to think that you do not abuse your office by disadvantaging at least some of them even more than they are already disadvantaged by means of the imposition upon them of your narrow-minded views on certain "contemporary classical music" (whatever that might be)...

Comment

• MrGongGong
              • Nov 2010

Then again some of those who do consider it appropriate to dismiss the music of composers who don't take account of or are not influenced by such music .
              Can you say that in English please?

Comment

• Barbirollians
                • Nov 2010

Sez who and on what grounds? From the way that you write, I do wonder why it is that you have contrived to be charged with the responsibilities that you declare here; as you work with "the poor and disadvantaged nearly all of the time" (a worthy occupation indeed), I would hope and like to think that you do not abuse your office by disadvantaging at least some of them even more than they are already disadvantaged by means of the imposition upon them of your narrow-minded views on certain "contemporary classical music" (whatever that might be)...
                Too busy trying to stop them being evicted , deprived of their benefits , social care , or their human rights being respected to bother them with such trivia .

Comment

• ahinton
                  • Nov 2010

Loads - I am a human rights lawyer and hence can make the joke .
                  Then God help me when I need one of those! (and please don't ask why I say that - just bear in mind that I have good reason to do so)...

As for your music AH - what is apparent of it in the public domain on YT for example - it does not fall into the screeching noise school as far as I can hear .
                  My music isn't in the public domain from the legal standpoint that I presume to register with you as a now self-declared lawyer but, more importantly, I did not seek in writing any of it to fall into or outwith this "school" of your personal imagination, although I have no idea "how far you can hear"...
                  Last edited by ahinton; 02-05-15, 15:44.

Comment

• teamsaint
                    • Nov 2010

It is not an assumption TS - look at how many people flock to the Tate Modern yet do not flock to contemporary classical music . Indeed , it seems that the dreary minimalists attract the largest audiences - not the crash bang wallop brigade . The sad thing for many of the noise brigade is that the Second Viennese School and composers like Varese did it so much better a long time ago.
                    the way I see it, minimalists and Radiohead , ( for example) are part of the contemporary scene.
                    Picking bits out of the scene , and claiming that they aren't popular, is not a fair comparison with the Tate Modern, where much of the work is by no means comtemporary, and the scope is very broad.
                    i recently attended a concert at a sold out concert at the RFH where Lachenmann was on the programme. And it went down really well.
                    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• ahinton
                      • Nov 2010

Too busy trying to stop them being evicted , deprived of their benefits , social care , or their human rights being respected to bother them with such trivia .
                      Good - then just get on with it and please do not insult either us or yourself by talk of the kind that you've recently posted here - and please be assured that I do not mean to be rude in so saying because, as I've already indicated, the work that you now tell us that you do is of vital importance and I would not in any way wish to interfere with your conduct of it.

Comment

• Barbirollians
                        • Nov 2010

Well there is a piece for euphonium and piano on You Tube which is ascribed to you and I rather like it .
                        Loving the auto spellchecker on here which just corrected that to euphemism and piano.

Comment

• MrGongGong
                          • Nov 2010

Good - then just get on with it and please do not insult either us or yourself by talk of the kind that you've recently posted here - and please be assured that I do not mean to be rude in so saying because, as I've already indicated, the work that you now tell us that you do is of vital importance and I would not in any way wish to interfere with your conduct of it.
                          Touche

Comment

• Barbirollians
                            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
                            the way I see it, minimalists and Radiohead , ( for example) are part of the contemporary scene.
                            Picking bits out of the scene , and claiming that they aren't popular, is not a fair comparison with the Tate Modern, where much of the work is by no means comtemporary, and the scope is very broad.
                            i recently attended a concert at a sold out concert at the RFH where Lachenmann was on the programme. And it went down really well.
                            That wasn't a concert with Rattle and the BPO however by any chance ?

Comment

• teamsaint
                              • Nov 2010

That wasn't a concert with Rattle and the BPO however by any chance ?
                              Of course it was. I am sure the comparison with a big gallery , and the scope of the exhibits,is not lost on you.
                              I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• Barbirollians
                                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by MrGongGong View Post
                                Touche
                                Hardly - I find this thread great fun and light relief .

Comment

Working...
                                X