.... in the Middle Kingdom we know when we are well off eh me duck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aka Calum Da Jazbo
    Late member
    • Nov 2010

.... in the Middle Kingdom we know when we are well off eh me duck?

... we are No 4 on this list of older v younger locations ... the fourth most greying area in the UK ...

here we are simply the best place to live in UK in a list which does not include Chipping Norton [West Oxfordshire] or Aldeburgh two epicentres of the elite in rural places

property prices grew the most in the Middle Kingdom

on the whole good schools [and served the sprogs very well]

er medicine is best obtained privately [my GP routinely asks me if i have any money]

the towns are disadvantaged by a 'village' Tory Council that dumps all the new estates around the two main towns and preserves their rural idyll [and house prices]

this little heartland of English repose is death to the young if they stay after their A levels .... over several generations one has watched alive youngster assume the brain death of the rural world; the others who do not return from college or university or visits to America or Dubai [very popular with the youngsters] develop awareness and acuity, ambition and restlessness and move on in the world and in their personalities ...

an odd little place - North of The Home Counties; West of the Flatlands; East of the Industrial Heartlands; South of the Gritty Moors and on the way to nowhere but highly commutable eh ....

barring cataclysm the incumbent will be returned to office in May and i do not suppose any one will notice much ....

oh and people like Cameron Brooks Clarkson and Freud don't live here .... (yet)
    According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.
  • aka Calum Da Jazbo
    Late member
    • Nov 2010

corruption is not a popular topic in the middle kingdom

we seek solace in the global surveys that place the UK out of the corruption zone .... alas the media keep exposing cases and crimes ...and now an academic pulls it all apart

i must ask our sitting member for his views on oil trading and gardening .....
    According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by aka Calum Da Jazbo View Post
      OT slightly, but things have reached a pretty pass when I found myself on-side with this nasty example of High Toryism last Sunday as he challenged how he was being interviewed by Andrew Neil.

I may not like what Mr Duncan has to say, but I would rather hear it so that, him being one of those who speaks his mind rather than resorting to the usual mealy-mouthed circumlocutions, we know where we are, than be subjected to constant boorish interruptions.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
        • Dec 2010

Originally posted by aka Calum Da Jazbo View Post
        corruption is not a popular topic in the middle kingdom

we seek solace in the global surveys that place the UK out of the corruption zone .... alas the media keep exposing cases and crimes ...and now an academic pulls it all apart

i must ask our sitting member for his views on oil trading and gardening .....
        David Whyte makes a good case for a trickle-down theory of corruption. Just consider the burgeoning list of home-grown examples he could have cited.

Comment

Working...
        X