X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dave2002
    • Dec 2010

Medici.tv?

I had an advert/email from Medici.tv recently. Looked as though there's some good stuff, but I have a feeling I tried it before, and the video quality wasn't great. Maybe I tried it previously with an Apple TV.

Does anyone else use Medici? I don't think I could be tempted unless the audio and video quality are reasonably high.

Still prompted by that, I'm now listening to Morning in Long Island by Pascal Dusapin via Spotify.

That's as a result of spotting this - a premiere of Dusapin's violin concerto on Medici.tv - http://www.medici.tv/?utm_source=Mai...dusapin-brahms

Anyone think it's worth checking out Medici.tv further? Or should we just give up the struggle and subscribe to Sky? (which I really don't want to do for several reasons ...)

Are there any other online music audio/video channels which are any good?
    Last edited by Dave2002; 03-02-15, 12:24. Reason: typo
  • aeolium
    • Nov 2010

There's the BPO Digital Concert Hall, though of course more restrictive than Medici's offering. Subscription is €149 pa, or about £10 pm these days (shorter periods, plus free trial available):

With our monthly subscription or a one-off payment, you can access all concerts as well as all other Digital Concert Hall content at any time.

Comment

• richardfinegold
      • Sep 2012

Originally posted by aeolium View Post
      There's the BPO Digital Concert Hall, though of course more restrictive than Medici's offering. Subscription is €149 pa, or about £10 pm these days (shorter periods, plus free trial available):

https://www.digitalconcerthall.com/en/tickets
      The BPO was offering a free trial period a while back, I think for 72 hours, and I sampled it. It was great stuff but the thought of a monthly subscription didn't appeal to me.

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
        Host
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Dave2002 View Post
        Does anyone else use Medici? I don't think I could be tempted unless the audio and video quality are reasonably high.
        I signed up to watch and hear the Bolivar concerts from Paris and I agree, the disappointment was the "HD" streaming quality - not HD to my eyes. I put it down to the 'stream' and made a note to check out the library videos which I haven't yet done. But I've also made a diary note to cancel my monthly subscription before the month end, if it's not up to scratch.
        "...the isle is full of noises,
        Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
        Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
        Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• gradus
          • Nov 2010

I watched the Mahler 5 streaming and thought the quality fine but was not listening to the HD feed as my internet connection baulks at that sort of thing. So for mid quality bog standard gear I would have no reservations as they have an excellent range of offerings and all seem free of what some fellow boarders hate so much - presenters (inter alia).

Comment

• Dave2002
            • Dec 2010

Originally posted by aeolium View Post

https://www.digitalconcerthall.com/en/tickets
            Presumably the BPO DCH only has concerts by the BPO - which may be fine, but Medici is offering a much wider range, and also opera and ballet. However, I note that some people have recommended the Berlin offerings - I suppose it depends how much one wants to watch/listen to that orchestra.

Comment

• aeolium
              • Nov 2010

The problem for me currently is the lack of high quality broadband, though it is supposed to be available later this year at which point I may give the Medici service a try.

Comment

Working...
              X