Radio 3 HD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Eudaimonia

If you're overseas, you have to access the new feed with a British proxy server. (Hmpfh! Sometimes Auntie can be awfully stingy with her content...) If anyone needs help setting one up, PM me. Personally, I thought it sounded quite like someone continuously passing wind underwater.

Comment

• Bryn
      Banned
      • Mar 2007

Just gave it another try. It's still a total mess.

Comment

• Norfolk Born

Just out of interest, I've just tuned to the Frederic Raphael play about Catullus - it sounded awful.

Comment

As I type it seems back to normal thankfully!It would be interesting to find out what the problem was.

Comment

• David

Well, as of this moment (1.25 p.m. 13th April), the HD feed is on the blink again. Is this just me? If not, how do we go about complaining?

Regards

David

Comment

Yes it is on the blink again ! It is just as bad as it was over the weekend.I would hope that as it is a weekday it could be fixed very soon unlike last time when it was not working properly Friday,Saturday and Sunday.

Comment

• gradus
                • Nov 2010

Listening to Choral Evensong and HD seems fine.

Comment

• gedsmk
                  • Dec 2010

Radio 3 HD broken again

It has been doing the "snap, crackle pop" since yesterday evening.

Comment

• Bryn
                    Banned
                    • Mar 2007

To complain/comment re. the current problem (yes, it's manifested here too) you need to go to:

click on the "Contact Us form" link in the third paragraph there, and follow the convoluted process to register your complaint/comment. Beware, the process can get stuck for some time while following it, not letting you onto the part of the screen needing a response from you. Some may think this is all part of an attempt by the BBC to get you to give up and go away. Give it time, though. The blockage does usually get cleared, eventually.

Comment

• Bryn
                      Banned
                      • Mar 2007

Originally posted by gedsmk View Post
                      It has been doing the "snap, crackle pop" since yesterday evening.
                      gedsmk, can you clarify your point about "since yesterday evening". It is certainly up the creek a the moment but it was fine until at least 00:07 this morning (I have just checked the FLV file generated between 18:56 to 00:07).

Comment

• salymap
                        Late member
                        • Nov 2010

Just tried it on computer.Almost inaudible [not my hearing] and very crackly in Kent too.

Comment

• Bryn
                          Banned
                          • Mar 2007

Still a mess for the repeat of the Rachmaninov Prom, too. You think they would have some sort of monitoring of their output via the 'HD Sound option'. It would not even have to be a human doing the monitoring, the current fault would not be difficult to detect and report with suitable software, surely?

I have now also raised the issue here.
                          Last edited by Bryn; 03-08-11, 14:48.

Comment

• johnb
                            • Mar 2007

The HD Sound currently suffers from the boiling mud syndrome here (14:35).

Last night the stream just stopped quite a few times during the evening.

Comment

• Stunsworth
                              • Nov 2010

Same here in Manchester. It was fine yesterday. Maybe someone at the Beeb needs to switch it off and back on again.

There's the same problem on the standard player too.

Rather oddly the 320 kbp AAC feed - which you can access in iTunes using the 'Radio' entry then 'Classical' in 'Library' is fine.
                              Steve

Comment

• Bryn
                                Banned
                                • Mar 2007

John, it was fortunate that just a few days ago Rupert Brun contributed a message, on a recent blog, recommending the HD Sound stream He also linked to a Radio 3 page form which it can be accessed. I was thus able to respond to his message, advising him that the HD Sound option was broken. Let's hope they get it sorted by this evening's Prom.

I will check the integrity of last night's FLV file more thoroughly and PM you re. the results.

Comment

Working...
                                X